PDA

View Full Version : Where can we donate money to fight recent anti-gun legislation?

cgsomoza
10-12-2009, 11:37 AM
I know there are scattered links leading to places to donate for the fight against AB962 and others. Can someone post some of these links up so we can consolidate these into one thread?

bwiese
10-12-2009, 11:40 AM
You should be an NRA member.
You should be a CRPA member.
You should help out CGF.

That's what keeps the gears moving.

Timberline
10-12-2009, 11:49 AM
I have limited funds - what can be spared for 2A advocacy will go to the CalGuns Foundation.

And I plan to buy my ammoe from Oregon now, as well... with no sales tax in that state, a large enough purchase could cover the cost of extending a fishing trip to McCloud, to one that crosses the border.

B Strong
10-12-2009, 11:49 AM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=108030

wildhawker
10-12-2009, 11:53 AM
In the sig.

As Bill said, renew NRA, join/renew CRPA and donate to CGF.

willm
10-12-2009, 12:38 PM
IMHO, Life memberships matter when an organization is communicating with politicians. That being said, at the least, a person should be a member of the National Rifle Association, their state rifle and pistol association.

Ideally, they would also be a member of their states largest Second Amendment oriented PAC. In addition, membership in their states concealed carry organizations is important. Life membership in other national and state organizations should also be evaluated and included, as resources permit.

Think of this endeavor as a war. In that, wars are no longer won by mutually assured destruction or standing armies. It takes a comprehensive approach to warfighting. In that vein, consider where each organization fits and how much you are able to assist them in the role they play.

Your standing army is the NRA and, in your case, your state militia is the CRPA. Reinforce those first before moving on to assist more specialized groups.

Last but not least, confront other gun owners when they are showing you their umpteenth firearm and have yet to send a penny to protect the Second Amendment. Many of these struggles would be much less of a fight if the Pro-2A powers-at-be were able to walk in and negotiate on behalf of 10-40 million members depending on the organization.

FWIW and respectfully submitted.

P.S. You are going to pay the money one way or another. Why not pay it on your terms and give it to an organization, of your own free will, which will guarantee the integrity of this Country by protecting the Second Amendment.