PDA

View Full Version : Read the FINE PRINT

PowderApe
10-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Read the actual LAW as signed into law by RINO Schwartzy last night....
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/asm/ab_0951-1000/ab_962_bill_20090921_enrolled.html

This is a so-called "AMMUNITION law" but the text reads:

(2) For purposes of this subdivision, "ammunition" shall include,
but not be limited to, any bullet, cartridge, magazine, clip, speed
loader, autoloader, or projectile capable of being fired from a
firearm with a deadly consequence. "Ammunition" does not include
blanks.

SECONDLY (and perhaps more importantly):

(3) The defendant has the burden of proving by a
preponderance of the evidence that he or she is subject to the exemption
provided by this subdivision.

ie: Guilty unless proven innocent! Surely unconstitutional!

So.... forget about ordering that new speedloader, half-moon clip, magazine, or component via the internet since it's now called "ammunition" and restricted to face-to-face sales only... Forget about buying projectiles not carried at your local mom&pop shop. If you want to Special Order it???? You're gonna pay through the nose! I buy bulk components from out of state vendors... ...no more....

Guess I'm gonna have to go steal wheel weights off of cars in the parking lot and cast my own- while I can- since LEAD wheel weights are being outlawed too--- steel only...

Where are OUR lawyers to fight this unconstitutional nonsense?? Since this affects "Interstate Commerce" I wonder where the Feds stand as I dont believe the States can effect rules affecting interstate commerce...

bwiese
10-12-2009, 11:39 AM
I made that initial mistake too in a fast read.

But Librarian too the law apart and found the section mentioning all those items is just for criminal misuse, and the law is relevant to handgun ammo only for mailorder restrictions.

Librarian has a post or reply to this in one of the threads from this weekend.

EBR Works
10-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Read this thread so you are up to speed....

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=230703

kf6tac
10-12-2009, 11:44 AM
If you're going to make a post telling people to read the law, I suggest you actually read the law. The definition of "ammunition" that you cite applies only "[f]or purposes of this subdivision," with "this subdivision" being subdivision (b) of Penal Code Section 12316. That subdivision only provides:

(b) (1) No person prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm
under Section 12021 or 12021.1 of this code or Section 8100 or 8103
of the Welfare and Institutions Code shall own, possess, or have
under his or her custody or control, any ammunition or reloaded
ammunition.

The definition of "handgun ammunition" that applies to the face-to-face and fingerprinting requirements is the definition given at Penal Code Section 12323.

Read the fine print, indeed.

Saym14
10-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Read the actual LAW as signed into law by RINO Schwartzy last night....
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/asm/ab_0951-1000/ab_962_bill_20090921_enrolled.html

This is a so-called "AMMUNITION law" but the text reads:

(2) For purposes of this subdivision, "ammunition" shall include,
but not be limited to, any bullet, cartridge, magazine, clip, speed
loader, autoloader, or projectile capable of being fired from a
firearm with a deadly consequence. "Ammunition" does not include
blanks.

SECONDLY (and perhaps more importantly):

(3) The defendant has the burden of proving by a
preponderance of the evidence that he or she is subject to the exemption
provided by this subdivision.

ie: Guilty unless proven innocent! Surely unconstitutional!

So.... forget about ordering that new speedloader, half-moon clip, magazine, or component via the internet since it's now called "ammunition" and restricted to face-to-face sales only... Forget about buying projectiles not carried at your local mom&pop shop. If you want to Special Order it???? You're gonna pay through the nose! I buy bulk components from out of state vendors... ...no more....

Guess I'm gonna have to go steal wheel weights off of cars in the parking lot and cast my own- while I can- since LEAD wheel weights are being outlawed too--- steel only...

Where are OUR lawyers to fight this unconstitutional nonsense?? Since this affects "Interstate Commerce" I wonder where the Feds stand as I dont believe the States can effect rules affecting interstate commerce...

got any lead toy soldeirs you can melt?

PowderApe
10-12-2009, 3:14 PM
Thanks, all..... I stand corrected!!

It IS a close call tho!! Too close for comfort! If they can change definitions so easily - such as the "...for this subdivision... change, I guess they can change any definition at any time for any reason.

It's the old Clintonian legalese: "depends on what the definition of 'is' is!" or, more like: "depends on what the definition of 'ammunition' is"

Any way you cut it, we were sold out by a RINO governor who said in the past he wouldnt screw with our 2nd Amendment rights and actually has -on multiple occasions...