PDA

View Full Version : RECALL the Governor poll

microstencil
10-12-2009, 9:25 AM
Who is in favor of a recall of Schwarzenegger?

POLICESTATE
10-12-2009, 9:26 AM
You should turn into a poll so folks can vote

SeanCasey
10-12-2009, 9:26 AM
Where is the nuclear recall them all option?

cortayack
10-12-2009, 9:27 AM
Maybe 2 years ago...............LOL! little too late..........My worry is the next Gov.

berto
A tremendous waste of time, effort, and money.

Toolbox X
This post is a waste of time and energy.

Merc1138
10-12-2009, 9:30 AM
Recalling the governor won't change what he's done, and by the time a recall would actually occur he's out anyway.

woodsman
10-12-2009, 9:31 AM
I thought you meant the movie.

POLICESTATE
10-12-2009, 9:33 AM
This post is a waste of time and energy.

So is about 90% of what goes on the internet. :rolleyes:

POLICESTATE
10-12-2009, 9:35 AM
Recalling the governor won't change what he's done, and by the time a recall would actually occur he's out anyway.

While that is true, I think recalls send a message, and I think there should be more of them. The message is:

"We don't care how little time you have left, or even if you are up for re-election or not. If you do not represent us we will recall you."

I think many politicians bank getting re-elected in spite of their crappy performance for most of their term by simply doing some things that people wanted them to do in an election year. Most people have short memories when it comes to politics.

Pushing recalls would help make our elected "representatives" more mindful of the present and who they are ultimately accountable to. Us.

EdCo
10-12-2009, 9:46 AM
There is already a recall campaign for arnold. http://totalrecall2009.com/ I heard about it on kfi at the beginning of this year but I don't think it has picked up any steam.

MojaveWayne
10-12-2009, 9:47 AM
http://www.kfiam640.com/cc-common/mlib/616/02/616_1235093233.gif

Lone_Gunman
10-12-2009, 9:48 AM
Why would we waste the time and the money? Lets be effective in what we do and not waste our efforts on meaningless gestures.

microstencil
10-12-2009, 9:50 AM
Why would we waste the time and the money? Lets be effective in what we do and not waste our efforts on meaningless gestures.

This is why all of or representatives get away with what they do. This is to send a message that we are tired and we are not going to take it anymore.

Merc1138
10-12-2009, 9:56 AM
While that is true, I think recalls send a message, and I think there should be more of them. The message is:

"We don't care how little time you have left, or even if you are up for re-election or not. If you do not represent us we will recall you."

I think many politicians bank getting re-elected in spite of their crappy performance for most of their term by simply doing some things that people wanted them to do in an election year. Most people have short memories when it comes to politics.

Pushing recalls would help make our elected "representatives" more mindful of the present and who they are ultimately accountable to. Us.

It'd also make us look like we don't care about wasteful spending, which is what a recall of Arnold at this point would amount to. Remember, "I don't want to waste government money" is what a lot of the non-incumbent non-liberal candidates are riding on. We certainly don't want to screw that up.

BigDogatPlay
10-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Arnold has slightly more than a year left in office. Trying to remove him would be utterly pointless now. Turning him out when he ran for election in 2006 would have been the better option.

Recalls do send a message. However what would send an even bigger message is not voting for incumbents time after time, office after office. Example.... State Treasurer Bill Lockyer. Twenty five years he spent in the Legislature screwing with everyone's rights, most of them in the State Senate, until term limits finally caught up with him. But that is no impediment to Mr. Lockyer. He won two terms as Attorney General, giving rise to the now reclassified Bureau of Firearms and endorsing all of the abuses and excesses perpetrated by that bureau. Once he was term limited, he side stepped into the State Treasurer's office, and will be up for re-election next year.

And in 2016, if he thinks it's opportune, I am sure he'll run for Governor.

Or, closer to me, there is the likes of State Senator Pat Wiggins. She served six years in the Assembly, and has been in the Senate since 2006. Over that time she has been abusive, erratic, introduced a host of ridiculous nanny state legislation, and generally screwed with her constituent's rights at every turn. The only reason she is not running for re-election next year is that "her health will not allow it". For the past couple of years she has become increasingly erratic, and she will not talk to anyone without staff present. The whispers are that she is in early dementia.

Yet if she ran next year, the bugwits of her district would re-elect her almost certainly.

Every two years the members of the Assembly have to stand for election. Senators have to stand every four years. What needs to be done is to identify candidates who stand for common sense, regardless of their political party, and get them elected. Then hold them to it with the promise that they can be voted out on the next cycle just as easily as they were voted in.

microstencil
10-12-2009, 10:09 AM
The cost to make our voices herd in a recall is insignificant in the overall waste of tax payer money. This is the only way to tell our elected representatives that they need to heed the peoples voices.
As we can already tell once the get in it is very difficult to get them out. Most of the voters are un educated and un informed as to the performance of there elected officials. This is what they count on. Just look at County Sheriffs. Once they get it they are there until they want to leave. How many voters actually research the candidates for sheriff before they vote? A majority have no idea who is running and what they stand for. The recall of a sitting politician that has little more than a year in office tells the rest of them that we will take action if they do not hear the voices of the people

Mikeb
10-12-2009, 10:16 AM
It looks like Grey Davis' recall cut the legs out from under his political aspirations. For that alone I think it was worth it.
Could money be saved by recalling the whole legislature at once? two hundred for the price of one?
take care
Mike

POLICESTATE
10-12-2009, 10:16 AM
It'd also make us look like we don't care about wasteful spending, which is what a recall of Arnold at this point would amount to. Remember, "I don't want to waste government money" is what a lot of the non-incumbent non-liberal candidates are riding on. We certainly don't want to screw that up.

Government is going to waste money either way, it's what governments do. I for one would rather waste money getting them out of office and sending the message that anyone can be fired from their position. Just like most of us working Joe's.

wildhawker
10-12-2009, 10:19 AM
We're going to beat this issue. WE'RE GOING TO WIN.

Now, let's vent a little, regain our perspective and come back in a few days ready to take on the important things. We need to remain focused and determined.

vrand
10-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Where is the nuclear recall them all option?

:cheers2:

RRangel
10-12-2009, 10:25 AM
I completely agree with throwing out those who sign such terrible legislation. I also can't help but think that it would be a dumb move to even try. It takes huge amounts of money and political capital to make something like that happen. That funding could immensely help gun rights in this state without wasting time on a lame duck governor.

Spodeley
10-12-2009, 10:40 AM
He can try to represent us as best he might, but since the Gerrymander of 1991 the Democrats control the district count, they have secure districts where they will only win - basically, he's been p0wned.
Republicans have just enough power to do their own trough-feeding in Sacramento - which is the main game, and occasionally a block-play if it interests them.

JagerTroop
10-12-2009, 11:02 AM
I think a better "message" would be; as soon as our next Gov. make a bad call, YANK HIS A**!! The next one in line... same thing.

After a few times, they'll get the message. Either represent the people's wishes, or you're outta here.

(I wish it was that simple :( )

bondmid003
10-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Seems like a bit of knee jerk reaction