PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to ALL who fought the fight...

bwiese
10-12-2009, 8:47 AM
OK, so we lost the first quarter, inning, whatever...

The conflict-with-Fed law issues in AB962 - plus the statutory time delay before implementation - give us the 'ammunition' we need to win. We don't even have to fight this under RKBA grounds, and thus do not need to worry about incorporation, etc. CGF crew in cooperation with NRA folks has already been brewing stuff for this eventuality.

EVERYBODY DID THEIR JOB 110%. EVERYONE DID EVERYTHING RIGHT. WE CANNOT LET THIS STOP US ON FUTURE EFFORTS - WE REALLY KNOW HOW TO RUN A DRILL NOW.

Thanks go out to Brandon (Wilkdhawker, and I'm sure his lovely wife Lindsay is in the mix) & CG outreach crew, plus the NRA MC (Members Council) folks and the CRPA, for the mass efforts. Brandon & his crew alone got some 100K color brochures into tons of gun-friendly nook & crannies in a very short time. We're gonna double or triple that recipe next time - Brandon really showed how things are done.

Everyone here did what they were supposed to do - called, wrote, faxed, etc. - and did it at a high level. The system got jammed up. If we were going to be noticed or cared about, these actions brought it about.

Nobody knows why Arnie signed. He cited "local" concerns. His staff may not even have known that this was that 'bad' of a bill other than our protests. and thought that 585, etc. was worse. (Hell, I wonder if he's still p*ssed at the Republican/GOC drama back in 2007 that brought us microstamping.)

Whatever - we'll bring it down. It will not stand, and it will not be a terribly difficult case to win.

soundwave
10-12-2009, 8:49 AM
:thumbsup: Goonies never say die.

stag1500
10-12-2009, 8:53 AM
So when does AB962 go into effect?

JTecalo
10-12-2009, 8:54 AM
Thanks Bill for all efforts.

I will not be moving out of state, but there needs to be a few Political funerals over stuff happening in this state.

hanging in there

Paladin
10-12-2009, 8:54 AM
If nothing else, this shows why it is so important to kill these things in committee. "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

glockman19
10-12-2009, 8:55 AM
Thank you Bill, Gene, CGF and everyone else who took the lead on this.

I believe we can and will defeat this. It will take some time.

spyderco monkey
10-12-2009, 8:55 AM
Thank you. I will be spreading the word on other forums to donate to Calguns to win this one for the national shooting community, not just CA.

And, of course, I'll be donating as well

Lone_Gunman
10-12-2009, 8:57 AM
With all this effort I did not see / heard off a single radio or TV news/talk mention of AB962.
I wonder why, and find this very unusual.

I am still nursing my thumb. Everday, sitting in traffic I made calls. Oh well.
Bill - thanks for the encouraging words.

I don't know why. I personally emailed the Armstrong and Getty show and Michale Savages show and got no response.

WokMaster1
10-12-2009, 8:57 AM
2011, I think.

Bill, may I suggest a medal for the Wildhawker? Make the pendant/medal a piece of beef, cut & weight his choice (USDA prime, of course).;)

CavTrooper
10-12-2009, 9:04 AM
I did not see / heard off a single radio or TV news/talk mention of AB962.

Early last week or the week before the news stories about AB962 were being played over and over on the radio. Nothing good for "our side", all about AB962 being a good bill for law enforcement.

I saw absolutley NO press from "our side" except for what was here on CGN.

krweby
10-12-2009, 9:05 AM
With all this effort I did not see / heard off a single radio or TV news/talk mention of AB962.

Fox40 in Sac ran a "story" on it but the way they portrayed it was misinformed. The only thing they said was it was like if you wanted to buy spray paint here in Cal. That you would have to show a ID and that was all they mentioned.

woodsman
10-12-2009, 9:07 AM
Thanks to all.
I hope we can galvanize the forces to help elect pro 2A representatives in the coming elections. The same skills refined in this last effort - Writing, Faxing, Emailing and calling will make a difference. Possible a much bigger difference at the polls. There are enough people pissed off at current office holders for other reasons where 2A doesn't even need to be mentioned. We can use this momentum.

xxdabroxx
10-12-2009, 9:11 AM
Thanks everyone, sometimes even your greatest efforts cannot win the battle.

M1A Rifleman
10-12-2009, 9:13 AM
Nobody knows why Arnie signed. He cited "local" concerns. His staff may not even have known that this was that 'bad' of a bill other than our protests.

1) I doubt his staff even understood the bill and all the items banned within it.

2) I'm sure the industry folks may be neutral if not happy with this bill since sales of just about anything now will require purchase through a storefront.

3) Seems like their should be some sort of backlash against Arnie and his party. I know I'm sorry I voted for him as he has not done much except worry about his image :rolleyes:

steadyrock
10-12-2009, 9:13 AM
Ditto. My hat's off to Brandon and everyone who helped to design the fliers and get them out. I was truly amazed at the breakneck pace at which that distribution was organized. Within only a few hours of the call going out, we had 3 drafts and a final version of the flier, 50 distribution points, and more than 200 dropoff locations up and down the state. Some members were even printing their own copies of the fliers and distributing them before the final version was settled! Very impressive reaction from a group of top-shelf, dedicated volunteers. The two slowest points in the chain were the physical limitations of the printing presses and the transport speed of the postal service in getting the fliers to the distribution points. Great work everyone.

Steyr_223
10-12-2009, 9:14 AM
We shall redouble our efforts!

Legasat
10-12-2009, 9:20 AM
This was good practice for when they try to make ammo $5k per round ;)

Thanks to everyone for their efforts, and to the CalGuns/CGF crew for leading the way.

Suvorov
10-12-2009, 9:26 AM
Yes, big thanks to the CGF and especially Brandon/Wildhawker!

Sucks but hopefully it will only galvanize us to fight harder.

heyjak
10-12-2009, 9:39 AM
Thanks everyone, sometimes even your greatest efforts cannot win the battle.

OK, so we "lost" this battle. This is no time to quit any organization or register as a non-voter "Independent".
No, any good soldier will tell you the WAR is not over! :chris:
Keep up the "Good Fight" and thanks to all who have been on the front lines, I for one have your back!:)

thempopresense
10-12-2009, 9:59 AM
it sucks, but I will be looking forward to help out the CGF to fight this.

bondmid003
10-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Well at least we have some time, 2011 is over a year away

Paul
10-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Politicians DO NOT represent the citizens that elected them - they sell their votes to special interests so my question is which one paid for this one?

In the most recent elections we saw a Texas energy baron, Arizona chicken ranchers, Utah religious organizations, and other out-of-state special interests taking the fight here for their causes. With one ballot initiative they can change the law for one out of every seven Americans.

wash
10-12-2009, 10:28 AM
I called him again, this time to tell him that I was disappointed that he signed AB962.

There isn't a simple press a few buttons option any more, you have to speak to a representative and I did.

If several hundred people were to do that for a while, maybe he might figure out how big of a mistake he made.

liquidmx
10-12-2009, 10:35 AM
I am with Paladin on his thoughts. I called tons of times and got through several dozen times from different telephone lines. Wrote emails, letters and faxes. In my opinion the pressure was good but too late. As Paladin suggests I did not get involved until it was a reality...rather than in committee. I wonder if we had HALF the effort but at the earlier stages it may have never happened in the first place.

jdberger
10-12-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm damn proud of this group.

We won one.

We lost one.

We'll learn from our successes and our failures.

Calguns continues to evolve...

762cavalier
10-12-2009, 11:28 AM
I am certainly not done fighting! I got my a** kicking boots on and just got them broken in.:D
This has been the best effort so far and I am proud to be part of it. We are just getting this juggernaut rolling.

wildhawker
10-12-2009, 11:37 AM
I'll follow up with a post to thank all those who dedicated time, money and extensive resources to the effort to defeat these bills and discuss some very positive results of everyone's hard work.

However, please know that there were some awe-inspiring efforts by a few Calgunners who really made this happen: 8-ball (who patiently created the flyers through 14-odd revisions overnight, all while dealing with *me* :eek:), blackberg (printed and cut high-quality color fliers, 75,000 of them, in *days*, plus packaged and shipped and was johnny-on-the-spot when folks needed more), obeygiant (kicked this into action and was there supporting every facet of this), Eric Mayer (helped to package w/ blackberg at 9pm the night 40 some odd packages whet out at the USPS by LAX, since it was the only one open, and who is probably in hiding from all my "hey, I need a favor" emails and calls), jdberger (who is *everywhere* - the guy flies around to help and make things happen like a middle linebacker), all the guys and gals who functioned as distribution points and every single person who took it upon themselves to accomplish this substantial feat. I am afraid that this is an incomplete list, and I apologize in advance if I've not mentioned your contributions here; as I said, I'll be sure to post more details soon once the dust settles somewhat.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the Calguns Foundation's financial support of this effort; it was through their generous underwriting that we were able to take the message and call to action into areas not served by CGN or other vehicles of intergunnie communication. Please, folks, donate to CGF (http://calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/donate) as much and as often as you can.

In the meantime, Calgunners, know that we did make a difference, and we showed the world a glimpse of what we can do. I'm so very proud to be a part of this community, and am constantly inspired by your heart, dedication and tenacity. We will continue to grow stronger and wiser, and rest assured that this is only the beginning.

We're awake, Mr. Helmke.

Casey
10-12-2009, 11:40 AM
I sent letters, faxes and called every step of the way on this turkey.

Is is just me that feels like a total chump?

B Strong
10-12-2009, 11:47 AM
When we hit a bump like this, we have to get right back on the case and redouble our efforts.

I'm in this to win, and win we will.

jdberger
10-12-2009, 11:48 AM

It sucks when you fight hard and don't win.

It's what you decide to do next that is the measure of your mettle.

Do you quit trying because you can't stand the dissapointment and occasional failure?

Or do you dust yourself off and get back in the fight.

I know where I'd like you to be. But it's really up to you. Do you have the stomach for it? We're trying to roll back almost 100 years of gun control. 150 years of civil rights violations.

It's going to take more than just a few weeks.

Join us. It's going to be beautiful, and you'll be able to tell your great grandchildren that you were there.

wildhawker
10-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Keep your chin up. We will win, and our efforts went a long way to create an action network of substantial proportions that should not be overlooked.

Gator Monroe
10-12-2009, 12:06 PM
The Outcome in the Midterms will surprize a lot of folks here !:chris:

pullnshoot25
10-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Wildhawker is the friggin MAN!

CGF AS WELL!

wildhawker
10-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Care to take the trolling to another thread?

The Outcome in the Midterms will surprize a lot of folks here !:chris:

Rob Roy
10-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Sad day... Another step is taken not only to eliminate shooting sports in California but free market & trade too. I bet they could come up with the solution to monitor internet purchases if they wanted to.

sierratangofoxtrotunion
10-12-2009, 12:21 PM
blackberg (printed and cut high-quality color fliers, 75,000 of them, in *days*, plus packaged and shipped and was johnny-on-the-spot when folks needed more)

A big PLUS A JILLION to Blackberg. He does lots of printing of business flyers and brochures for me, and when I heard that Wildhawker and others were trying to get something happening with some flyers, I recommended Blackberg. Turns out they were already in communication with him and had the ball rolling on the project. Blackberg does a GREAT JOB with printing, and does it for GREAT PRICES too. I use him a lot, and I've already referred him to other businesses I know, and I would recommend him to any Calgunners who need something printed.

Paratus et Vigilans
10-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Don't get mad, get even. Payback is a *****, especially in politics.

Regardless of what we can do to this new law through litigation, remember well who did what, and how each one voted or otherwise acted. Let that be your guidepost for how you vote, what you donate, who you lobby on personal level, and how you proceed. There are people working in Sacramento today who will never work there, or anywhere else as representatives of the people, ever again. That is our remedy. That is how we right this wrong.

Never forget, act accordinglly, and be sure to let them know, specifically, why.

wildhawker
10-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Fantastic post; we would be wise to heed this advice.

Don't get mad, get even. Payback is a *****, especially in politics.

Regardless of what we can do to this new law through litigation, remember well who did what, and how each one voted or otherwise acted. Let that be your guidepost for how you vote, what you donate, who you lobby on personal level, and how you proceed. There are people working in Sacramento today who will never work there, or anywhere else as representatives of the people, ever again. That is our remedy. That is how we right this wrong.

Never forget, act accordinglly, and be sure to let them know, specifically, why.

rumblebee
10-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Backlash = let him know ahead of time that you'll NOT be voting for him again or ever. (I'll be typing him up one shortly...will it get read? who knows)

The people of CA need to wake up and realize that a half @$$ actor, makes a half @$$ Governor.:nuts:

1) I doubt his staff even understood the bill and all the items banned within it.

2) I'm sure the industry folks may be neutral if not happy with this bill since sales of just about anything now will require purchase through a storefront.

3) Seems like their should be some sort of backlash against Arnie and his party. I know I'm sorry I voted for him as he has not done much except worry about his image :rolleyes:

obeygiant
10-12-2009, 12:34 PM
my response is a toss up between:

and

:thumbsup: Wolverines!!!!

bonusweb
10-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Do you will think the mass media is on your side? How many so called conservative radio shows were promoting schwarzenegger over McClintock for governor?

How many of you were scammed into voting for schwarzenegger? I was not.

KFI AM 640 in Los angeles "Home of Conservative talk radio" was running the same pro AB 962 propaganda last week. They were saying all day long on the news breaks that the wonderful conservative Arnold was going to sign this pro police bill that would go after those evil ammo buyers and reduce gang violence. You are not in favor of gang members shooting police officers are you?

When are you going to realize that KFIs of the world are just there to mislead conservatives. Do you your own thinking to not be led by the nose.

You guys need to have long term memory and learn from your mistakes.
Don't support liberal republicans, no matter what! Imagine if schwarzenegger had used this as a stepping stone to the presidency. Who were all these people that voted for McCain in the primary?

Stand your ground, don't let them convince you that a liberal republican, is better than democrat. Sadly most republicans are republican first not conservatives first, like its some sort of football team.

It looks like from the propaganda from the fake radio right, that Meg Whitman is going to be the new schwarzenegger. the bait is on the line will you bite again?

We need people with a proven history and voting record of defending our rights. Not a schwarzenegger or Meg Whitman.

for example was Dick Cheney a conservative?
Check out this video where Cheney admits he was a director council on foreign relations. Yes the same people puching for the north American union.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbnpN07J_zg

Treasonous agenda of the Council on Foreign Relations
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44841

Who are some of the past and present members of this anti-American operation? Dick Cheney, Condoleezza Rice, Colin Powell, Donald Rumsfeld, Porter Goss, Alan Greenspan, John Bolton, Paul Wolfowitz, Gen. Richard B. Myers, Henry Hyde, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, George Bush Sr., Sandra Day O'Connor, George Soros, Christopher Dodd, Diane Feinstein, Gerald Ford, Bill Frist, Newt Gingrich, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Katherine Harris, Teresa Heinz, Antonia Hernandez President of Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Gen. John P. Jumper current Air Force chief of staff, Joseph Lieberman, John McCain, Rupert Murdock, David Rockefeller, Diane Sawyer and Tony Snow.

wildhawker
10-12-2009, 1:11 PM
You forgot tyrants of years past such as Kermit the Frog, Cookie Monster and Wile E. Coyote.

Who are some of the past and present members of this anti-American operation? Dick Cheney, Condoleezza Rice, Colin Powell, Donald Rumsfeld, Porter Goss, Alan Greenspan, John Bolton, Paul Wolfowitz, Gen. Richard B. Myers, Henry Hyde, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, George Bush Sr., Sandra Day O'Connor, George Soros, Christopher Dodd, Diane Feinstein, Gerald Ford, Bill Frist, Newt Gingrich, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Katherine Harris, Teresa Heinz, Antonia Hernandez President of Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Gen. John P. Jumper current Air Force chief of staff, Joseph Lieberman, John McCain, Rupert Murdock, David Rockefeller, Diane Sawyer and Tony Snow.

kf6tac
10-12-2009, 1:19 PM
KFI AM 640 in Los angeles "Home of Conservative talk radio" was running the same pro AB 962 propaganda last week. They were saying all day long on the news breaks that the wonderful conservative Arnold was going to sign this pro police bill that would go after those evil ammo buyers and reduce gang violence. You are not in favor of gang members shooting police officers are you?

I don't know anything about KFI AM 640 since I don't live in the LA area, but most of the radio stations I've heard up in here in Northern California that host conservative talk shows don't have their own news departments - they just take breaks periodically and pipe in news from the local news, then resume whatever show was playing before.

bwiese
10-12-2009, 1:21 PM
Do you will think the mass media is on your side? How many so called conservative radio shows were promoting schwarzenegger over McClintock for governor?

And honestly that was the right choice given the field.

I like Tom but Tom McClintock could not have won the election - he's too tainted by the CA Republican party collapse - CA Rs proved their ineptitude in statewide contests for the last decade - and we'd have Cruz Bustamente ("The Cruzamonte") as Governor.

Schwarzenneger picked up some folks that voted for him out of novelty or got swing votes that would normally go Democrat due to his prochoice stance. If Schwarzie weren't in there, we'd be in WAY deep doo-doo now.

That would be Life in Hell.

jdberger
10-12-2009, 1:21 PM
You forgot tyrants of years past such as Kermit the Frog, Cookie Monster and Wile E. Coyote.

Don't forget Evil Bert. (http://www.bertisevil.tv/)

http://www.vatsaas.org/rtv/arsenal/teamrocs/bert/bertosama1.jpg

vrand
10-12-2009, 1:31 PM

:ditto:

trashman
10-12-2009, 1:46 PM
Brandon [Wildhawker] really showed how things are done.

And that folks is your "no-$#it" Calguns Quote Of The Day. I think the Calguns community is extraordinarily lucky to have someone with his skills and energy on our team.

I am quite sure that Helmke doesn't have anybody as good as he is on their side.

--Neill

bonusweb
10-12-2009, 1:54 PM
>>>>>>>>>>I like Tom but Tom McClintock could not have won the election - he's too tainted by the CA Republican party collapse - CA Rs proved their ineptitude in statewide contests for the >last decade - and we'd have Cruz Bustamente ("The Cruzamonte") as Governor.>>>>>>>>

I heard that argument, but did Arnold veto a lot of stuff that we did Bustamente would not have?

If we had Bustamente in power we could have blamed everything on him and conservatives would have been up in arms. As it stands now many so called conservatives are lulled into a false sense of well being with a republican governor in office.

if the so called conservatives in Arizona, would has shut down McCain early on in his republican primaries for senator would we had seen that looser nominated in 2008?

Am I going to have to explain this again in few years when Meg Whitman turns out to be Arnold's evil step child?

the lesser of two evils is still evil.

Its better to have a clear enemy than one that wears your same uniform as your side and pretends to be your friend then whispers nice words in your ear while sliding a knife in your back.

wildhawker
10-12-2009, 2:00 PM
Thank you all so very much for the kind words and your support. The success of our efforts is and will continue to be completely due to the hard work and tenacity of the many volunteers who pour themselves into them. It is an honor and a privilege to work side by side with so many overwhelmingly talented, dedicated and genuine supporters of our rights, and I look forward to the next opportunity to do just that.

Midian
10-12-2009, 2:04 PM
This underscores how all incumbents must go in 2010

BLD
10-12-2009, 2:10 PM
I would like to thank everyone here not just for putting up such a good fight, but for getting me involved as well. For the first time in my life I called and wrote my politicians regarding AB962 and SB585. I would've never done this, let alone know where to start and who to contact, if it weren't for this site.

Thank you all. I plan on donating some money to the CGF as soon I can (hopefully next month) to help fight this and the next round of unconstitutional legislation.

rolo
10-12-2009, 2:12 PM
Its better to have a clear enemy than one that wears your same uniform as your side and pretends to be your friend then whispers nice words in your ear while sliding a knife in your back.

Democrat or Republican, they all do as you state. Vote according to record, not party, only then will we get representation.

I can only imagine the horrors of a California under Cruz Bustamonte...

orangeusa
10-12-2009, 2:17 PM
I would like to thank everyone here not just for putting up such a good fight, but for getting me involved as well. For the first time in my life I called and wrote my politicians regarding AB962 and SB585. I would've never done this, let alone know where to start and who to contact, if it weren't for this site.

Thank you all. I plan on donating some money to the CGF as soon I can (hopefully next month) to help fight this and the next round of unconstitutional legislation.

I'm in the same boat. And as posted elsewhere, the Governor is a lame duck (no more terms), but the list of Assembly / Senate votes are PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE, something I'll be taking to the polls next time I vote.

Plus it was a blast to see all the cool gunshops near my house that I had no idea existed.

Thanks Wildhawker for the words of advice and (from me) kudos to the OC team. Oh heck - kudos to everybody!!! :)

jdberger
10-12-2009, 2:30 PM

^^^^^^^^^My Hero^^^^^^^^^^^

(and orangeusa, too).

It takes some big stones to stop whining and get up off the couch. It's terrifying to walk up to strangers and try to "sell them" on Calguns in 40 seconds or less. It's frightening to raise your hand and speak up.

Gentlemen, it's an honor.

n2k
10-12-2009, 2:34 PM
This effort just solidified our preparedness for the next fight that comes. As a group, this was attacked on so many fronts.

Once we analyze how much crucial information was gained, the next run is going to be that much more spectacular and harder hitting.

The use of technology and the creation of state wide distribution points are invaluable.

Great effort from all. We may have lost, but the next time………:43:

bwiese
10-12-2009, 2:43 PM
>>>>>>>>>>I like Tom but Tom McClintock could not have won the election - he's too tainted by the CA Republican party collapse - CA Rs proved their ineptitude in statewide contests for the >last decade - and we'd have Cruz Bustamente ("The Cruzamonte") as Governor.>>>>>>>>

I heard that argument, but did Arnold veto a lot of stuff that we did Bustamente would not have?

Yes. There have been quite a few bills since 2005 that have been killed/vetoed.

Aside from gun issues, if you think Arnold's bad on taxes - wait til the Cruzamonte took over...

If we had Bustamente in power we could have blamed everything on him and conservatives would have been up in arms.

Conservatives are somewhat irrelevant in CA. They have demonstrated a strong ability to elect the next Orange County dogcatcher and not much more.

As it stands now many so called conservatives are lulled into a false sense of well being with a republican governor in office.

As bad as things are, Arnie is sane on quite a few things. Remember, the Republican party decided to only want 1/3 of the seats in the legislature.

if the so called conservatives in Arizona, would has shut down McCain early on in his republican primaries for senator would we had seen that looser nominated in 2008?

Am I going to have to explain this again in few years when Meg Whitman turns out to be Arnold's evil step child?

No, because Jerry Brown will be Governor.

And there (unfortunately) probably will be no more Republican governors in CA for the next 10 -20 years.

At least Arnold had some charisma to fall back on - Meg Whitman has the stage presence of a donkey on laudanum, and Steve Poizner - well, he's well-suited to be an insurance salesman, he didn't have quite the personality to become a programmer. I thought I was a geeky nerd but I am smart enough to know when I'm bested in these areas :)

bomb_on_bus
10-12-2009, 2:47 PM

The less media attention it got the easier it was to veto or pass the bill. The only people that were actively voicing out against it were pro 2A and the like.

Basically they are quietly trying to assassinate our voices but in doing so they have only made us more unified and our voices even louder!

DrjonesUSA
10-12-2009, 2:48 PM
EVERYBODY DID THEIR JOB 110%. EVERYONE DID EVERYTHING RIGHT. WE CANNOT LET THIS STOP US ON FUTURE EFFORTS - WE REALLY KNOW HOW TO RUN A DRILL NOW.

Everyone here did what they were supposed to do - called, wrote, faxed, etc. - and did it at a high level. The system got jammed up. If we were going to be noticed or cared about, these actions brought it about.

I was very pleased when I called the gov's office yesterday (Sunday) at 11AM and the phone line was busy - again, at 11AM on a SUNDAY.

It made me smile as I thought of my fellow CalGunners hard at work. :D:D

Nobody knows why Arnie signed. He cited "local" concerns. His staff may not even have known that this was that 'bad' of a bill other than our protests. and thought that 585, etc. was worse. (Hell, I wonder if he's still p*ssed at the Republican/GOC drama back in 2007 that brought us microstamping.)

Whatever - we'll bring it down. It will not stand, and it will not be a terribly difficult case to win.

I'm glad to hear that you think this will be a relatively easy win, but I am DONE with Arnold.

How dare he and/or his staff play politics with my rights.

goober
10-12-2009, 3:09 PM
my response is a toss up between:

and

:thumbsup:Wolverines!!!!

and personally i'd like to add:

Over? Did you say “over”? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain’t over now. ‘Cause when the goin’ gets tough… [thinks hard]... the tough get goin’!

as well as a big thank you to wildhawker, obeygiant, and everyone that fought so hard to beat this thing. i'm proud to have fought alongside you, and will continue to do so as long as we have these battles to fight.
because IT AIN'T OVER!!!

bomb_on_bus
10-12-2009, 3:14 PM
Zie Germans bombed pearl harbor too?:confused:

orangeusa
10-12-2009, 3:24 PM
I was very pleased when I called the gov's office yesterday (Sunday) at 11AM and the phone line was busy - again, at 11AM on a SUNDAY.

It made me smile as I thought of my fellow CalGunners hard at work. :D:D

I'm glad to hear that you think this will be a relatively easy win, but I am DONE with Arnold.

How dare he and/or his staff play politics with my rights.

11AM!!! The lines were busy at 11PM!!!! I got through probably 35 times total, and probably 3 yesterday. I REALLY WISH I knew how many calls he got. As mentioned before, the Harvey Milk thing got 100,000 calls (for veto), and it passed..... (I know I'm kicking a dead horse or whatever that saying is...)

madmike
10-12-2009, 3:42 PM
When I heard the news I sent this reply to the Governors Twitter account:
"I am saddened by your signing of AB962. I will remember this."
All of the politicians that brought this about should know. We will remember this.

-madmike.

radioburning
10-12-2009, 4:11 PM
2011, I think.

Bill, may I suggest a medal for the Wildhawker? Make the pendant/medal a piece of beef, cut & weight his choice (USDA prime, of course).;)

You mean medallion?:D

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq229/angelacarmela818/lushangel/Myrons_angus_herb_beef_medallion.jpg

Czechsix
10-12-2009, 5:11 PM
arnie signed it because he's a politicowhore, simple.

goober
10-12-2009, 5:51 PM
Zie Germans bombed pearl harbor too?:confused:
Forget it, he's rolling...

(just in case- the "It's not over" speech is a classic movie quote. you either knew that and returned something close to another character's line, or didn't, and were just expressing understandable confusion at my statement. thanks for being "Otter" if the former, Google it if the latter.)

KylaGWolf
10-12-2009, 6:08 PM
OK, so we lost the first quarter, inning, whatever...

The conflict-with-Fed law issues in AB962 - plus the statutory time delay before implementation - give us the 'ammunition' we need to win. We don't even have to fight this under RKBA grounds, and thus do not need to worry about incorporation, etc. CGF crew in cooperation with NRA folks has already been brewing stuff for this eventuality.

Thanks go out to Brandon (Wilkdhawker, and I'm sure his lovely wife Lindsay is in the mix) & CG outreach crew, plus the NRA MC (Members Council) folks and the CRPA, for the mass efforts. Brandon & his crew alone got some 100K color brochures into tons of gun-friendly nook & crannies in a very short time. We're gonna double or triple that recipe next time - Brandon really showed how things are done.

I want to second the thanks to Brandon. I know I wish I could have done more to stop this from passing but I am ready to help win the next round. Bill as to why Arnie signed it I have a feeling he is going to run for bigger office. Of course if he does we will just have to turn up the heat on him and use his own press releases against him with proof he didn't know what he was talking about.

Seesm
10-12-2009, 7:01 PM
Bill thanks this email means something to me I like to know your on the case. Thanks again. PM me anytime you guys need me to help out!!

ivanimal
10-12-2009, 7:12 PM
Thanks Bill, will you help me pay my phone bill? LOL I wish the effort to overturn the law was unnecessary, but like my dad always said. "something good always can be learned from something bad."

I sure learned what a great group of people can do in a fix. More to come I suppose.

ErikTheRed
10-12-2009, 7:13 PM
Thanks guys for everything you did on this deal. I did what I could, made my calls, sent my faxes and wrote my e-mails, but some of you fellas really went WAY out into the fire. Thanks for that.

This isn't a loss as much as its a frustrating scrape on the knee after having been knocked over on the playground by the school bully. Get up, brush off, and take that fat bastard out with a 9-iron to the shoulder blades!

Swiss
10-12-2009, 7:29 PM
There are many that worked hard against this bill but I want to give special thanks to ObeyGiant, who was relentless in the fight since the very beginning! Thank you for busting your butt these many long months!

wildhawker
10-12-2009, 9:13 PM
Obeygiant worked his butt off- here here!

hoffmang
10-12-2009, 10:15 PM
First and foremost:

wildhawker worked his *** off and everyone here owes the man a debt of gratitude.

Period.

Second: I know Brandon was helped by a cast of men: Obeygiant and Jdberger come to mind as well as blackberg.

As painful as not dominating this session is everyone needs to remember two things.

1. Every other bad gun bill was vetoed.

2. We're about to change Constitutional history. The Second Amendment will apply to the States by July 4, 2010 and in so doing we will end 140 years of racist stain on our Constitution. We'll use that win to remind our government that government is of the people, by the people, and for the people.

-Gene

Dr Rockso
10-12-2009, 10:56 PM
As painful as not dominating this session is everyone needs to remember two things.

2. We're about to change Constitutional history. The Second Amendment will apply to the States by July 4, 2010 and in so doing we will end 140 years of racist stain on our Constitution. We'll use that win to remind our government that government is of the people, by the people, and for the people.

-Gene

I think this is right on the money. To tell you the truth the most depressing thing about this bill passing is having to convince people that the sky is not falling. By the time Feb 2011 rolls around I doubt that AB 962 will be a significant obstacle. Either it will be dead, neutered, or we will have figured out a dozen ways to easily avoid it (many of which are already obvious). The worst effects of AB 962 will be the rumors it generates.

obeygiant
10-12-2009, 11:10 PM
as well as a big thank you to wildhawker, obeygiant, and everyone that fought so hard to beat this thing. i'm proud to have fought alongside you, and will continue to do so as long as we have these battles to fight.
because IT AIN'T OVER!!!

There are many that worked hard against this bill but I want to give special thanks to ObeyGiant, who was relentless in the fight since the very beginning! Thank you for busting your butt these many long months!

I seem to remember a 200+ page thread where both of you ,goober_0 & Swiss, were instrumental in getting information into the hands of other members and actively leading the charge against De Leon.

Obeygiant worked his butt off- here here!

Wildhawker, you're much too modest. If it weren't for hours and hours of phone calls,posts,pm's emails etc. spent organizing and keeping everyone on track we could not have executed this campaign in such a precise manner.

First and foremost:

wildhawker worked his *** off and everyone here owes the man a debt of gratitude.

Period.

Second: I know Brandon was helped by a cast of men: Obeygiant and Jdberger come to mind as well as blackberg.

-Gene

Thank you for the kind words for a geek that has too much time on his hands after the kids are put to bed for the night. You, bwiese, oaklander, artherd, kestyll also deserve a huge thank you as you have provided a platform for these ideas to come to fruition and a vehicle to make them happen.

There are far too many people for me to remember right now but everyone that was signed up on the spreadsheet made this happen as the flyers didn't walk themselves into the stores.

and don't forget about Electricboy (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=3140209&postcount=383)

I have driven 700 miles in two days delivering fliers. I am tired. I went to Eureka today and might be able to go to crescent city tuesday. I was going to try to pawn it off on whoever is doing redding but its a four hour drive for them too.

:eek:

Lone_Gunman
10-12-2009, 11:25 PM
IF
-Rudyard Kipling

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn out tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on";

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!

Electricboy
10-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Here i was about to add to the praises of Windwalker, Gene, obeygiant and everyone else mentioned in this thread who motivated me to get off my a** and stand for a cause and obeygiant made me speechless. Shucks. :blush5:

Ready for the next fight! :boxing_smiley:

GuyW
10-12-2009, 11:48 PM
"It is not the critic who counts, not the one who points out how the strong man stumbled or how the doer of deeds might have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with sweat and dust and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."

-Teddy Roosevelt-

GuyW
10-12-2009, 11:51 PM
7 Stages of a Project

Phase 1: Uncritical acceptance.

Phase 2: Wild enthusiasm.

Phase 3: Dejected disillusionment.

Phase 4: Total confusion.

Phase 5: Search for the guilty.

Phase 6: Punishment of the innocent.

Phase 7: Promotion of nonparticipants.

GuyW
10-12-2009, 11:53 PM
When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than,
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor's cup,
And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit

Meplat
10-13-2009, 8:35 PM
This is all undoubtedly true. But the workaround thing is getting to be patches on patches and detours around detours. And it gets more expensive with each workaround! We may be sloging our way out of a 'racist moras' into a classist morass. Why do gangbangers control lower class neighborhoods? Because they are the only ones who can afford guns.:43:

I think this is right on the money. To tell you the truth the most depressing thing about this bill passing is having to convince people that the sky is not falling. By the time Feb 2011 rolls around I doubt that AB 962 will be a significant obstacle. Either it will be dead, neutered, or we will have figured out a dozen ways to easily avoid it (many of which are already obvious). The worst effects of AB 962 will be the rumors it generates.

Meplat
10-13-2009, 11:29 PM
Did you participate in the first Medfly project?:D

7 Stages of a Project

Phase 1: Uncritical acceptance.

Phase 2: Wild enthusiasm.

Phase 3: Dejected disillusionment.

Phase 4: Total confusion.

Phase 5: Search for the guilty.

Phase 6: Punishment of the innocent.

Phase 7: Promotion of nonparticipants.

jdberger
10-14-2009, 12:07 AM
What a bunch of freakin' optimists we have here.

What an honor to be in the vanguard.

I'm serious, we're gonna bore the crap outta our grandchildren with this stuff....

LesGrossman41510
10-14-2009, 12:10 AM
I got through a handful of times but at least 20 times i called and got a busy tone so i know people were calling!

Now its time to actually organize and protest, lets go wait outside brady campaign and let them know how we feel!

wildhawker
10-14-2009, 12:13 AM
Now its time to actually organize a force of triple the volunteers and protest, lets go wait outside brady campaign and let them know how we feel! and build on what we've accomplished through everyone's hard work and creativity.

Fixed it for you.

TheBundo
10-14-2009, 1:39 AM
Arnie went from the brave guy who "might" temper the Kennedy's, to becoming one of them. He's only human, because as everyone KNOWS, if you KEEP THROWING PEPPER IN YOUR FACE, you are going to SNEEZE.

Hang around too much with with BLANK, you become a BLANK.

Bill, you were too easy on Arnie in your original post. You need to go back in history (you are old enough to remember), and think of what you thought of Arnie when you first saw him in the 70's, posing like he did. You were right then. We were tricked after that. He's a hairless-chested girlie boy, who loves looking in the mirror, like all girls do.

Tom Selleck for Gov., President, etc. That may be are best last hope from the Hollywood crowd

Citizen Snips
10-14-2009, 3:09 AM
It was great how we saw support from other states and around the globe. Undoubtedly it would have been a true loss if nobody had taken up the cause.