PDA

View Full Version : FN SPR 308 action FFL transfer

trg-s338
10-12-2009, 8:25 AM
The info I get from this forum is invaluable, thanks all!

I am thinking about purchasing an FN SPR bolt action only in 308 from out of state but the seller refuses to ship to my California FFL. Is there a way to ship to an intermediate out of state FFL for a reasonable fee and the to my California FFL? Is there any legality issue involved in such a transaction? Can anyone recommend an intermediate FFL who would be professional and reliable? Thanks.

djleisure
10-12-2009, 9:08 AM
I can't imagine why anyone would refuse to send a 308 bolt gun to CA. What a bunch of idiots. You may want to try PMing Glock Holiday (of Quentin Laser) I'm guessing he would do it for you and be reasonably priced.

Vin496
10-12-2009, 9:12 AM
You could of course use a middle man FFL. Some more information on your part may also help. Is the item new or are you buying used say off of gunbroker?

There are a few things to consider.

1- Price, is it going to be worth it after you pay for all transfer and FFL fees. Could add to $$$$, depending on what everyone charges and if the item is new tax..
2- Have you tried emailing or talking to the seller? I have purchased a few "will not ship to California" items and have found that prior to bidding a good email and communication can clear up all the misunderstandings a seller may have.
3- Are you aware of what is needed to ship to California? I know it may seem like an odd question, but are you up to date and able to answer of all the sellers question.

freakshow10mm
10-12-2009, 9:18 AM
My guess is the seller is CDNN out of Texas. They won't ship to CA but will ship to a middleman FFL that is willing to accept the gun and ship to CA.

sd1023x
10-12-2009, 9:37 AM
Dude, middleman it. Off the top of my head, I have experience with calguns member Thunderbird who is a OOS FFL, and his prices are awesome and service is quick.

trg-s338
10-14-2009, 2:19 PM
Thank you all, middleman it is.

-hanko
10-14-2009, 2:42 PM
I am thinking about purchasing an FN SPR bolt action only in 308 from out of state but the seller refuses to ship to my California FFL. Is there a way to ship to an intermediate out of state FFL for a reasonable fee and the to my California FFL? Is there any legality issue involved in such a transaction? Can anyone recommend an intermediate FFL who would be professional and reliable? Thanks.
CDNN will definitely take your CA credit card as well as ship to an out-of-state ffl. You find the ffl;). Their pbr and spr deals are awesome. If you don't have a sales guy assigned, ask for Chuck.

hth

-hanko