PDA

View Full Version : How will you handle AB962 ?

TripleT
10-12-2009, 7:08 AM
Even though we have time, I thought we might as well start talking about how to implement the newest of the 31 flavors of gun control.

So, from what I have gathered, we, as FFL's, will be required to maintain records of everyone we sell handgun ammo to.

Could we use a simple system like, photo copy CDL and get a thumbprint on the back, throw 'em in a box and if LE shows up say there's the box ?

Will we be required to keep a log ?

Will we be required to account for every round of handgun ammo that comes through our store(s). (Like a handgun ammo A&D)

Who will determine when ammo is going to be used in a handgun ie .22 rimfire ?

Are we going to have to setup a system to transfer mail order ammo to individuals that have made online purchases ? If you want to get involved in that, what are you going to charge for the "service" ?

Will out of state ammo suppliers even sell to California after Feb. 2011 ? I would assume they will have to keep some sort of records to prove they have not shipped ammo to a non-FFL or licensed ammo dealer. Some may not be interested based on the slim margins and the shortage that already exists.

Just some of the things that come to mind on this Black Monday...

freakshow10mm
10-12-2009, 7:35 AM
A lot of the procedural questions can be answered by reading the bill as passed. I printed a copy and am looking it over today if I get time (my son's birthday is today).

For dual purpose ammo, you will have to determine if the customer is telling the truth or not, same as it is for an 18yo buying rimfire for a .22 rifle. It's your call.

I'm curious about the ammo transfer stuff too.

I put up a statement about the passing of AB962 on my homepage. I will continue to ship handgun ammo to persons exempt from the restrictions after the bill goes into effect.

I have also been planning to build a small ammo shop in NV or AZ and with this bill in mind, looks like I'll be ramping up and be more aggressive at finding a suitable location. I've got a few locations in mind.

Hopefully TRP can get this repealed or bring it to its knees before the effective date. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

tenpercentfirearms
10-13-2009, 5:55 AM
It really is pointless to speculate at this time. The DOJ still has to create regulations for the actual program and until they do, we have no idea where this is going to go. Just wait. They will tell us if there is a specific form and how they want them stored. They will also tell us what they consider handgun ammo as well I am sure. Just wait as there is nothing else left to do, other than buy ammo!

leitung
10-13-2009, 2:59 PM
\
I put up a statement about the passing of AB962 on my homepage. I will continue to ship handgun ammo to persons exempt from the restrictions after the bill goes into effect.

THANK YOU!!!:D

I will have my 03FFL/COE.. I am looking forward to sending $ your way.

POLICESTATE
10-13-2009, 3:37 PM
I was going to run outside waving my arms around and shrieking "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" at the top of my lungs. But that would just make me look crazy :)

Triple R Munitions
10-14-2009, 6:18 PM
will this have an effect on me getting componets from my suppliers? being a class 6 i have powder, primers, and projectiles coming in....or on backorder....

will this effect FFl's in the way that i cant get loaded ammunition dropped shipped to my business?

R

CenterX
10-14-2009, 6:24 PM
Snip-
I have also been planning to build a small ammo shop in NV or AZ and with this bill in mind, looks like I'll be ramping up and be more aggressive at finding a suitable location. I've got a few locations in mind.
Snip

Reno area would be nice! Only a day trip for me, or a weekend if I bring comfort along.

freakshow10mm
10-14-2009, 6:26 PM
Too early to tell at this point.

freakshow10mm
10-14-2009, 6:31 PM
Reno area would be nice! Only a day trip for me, or a weekend if I bring comfort along.
Closer to Vegas or Bullhead City. Fresno is my CA distributor's location so I'm trying to stay close to that for logistics sake. If the plan does well I could look to a small ammo only shop in Reno. Might have dealers on the take there so I could drop ship to them and you pick it up there. Don't want to get too ahead of myself. I'm trying to finance the SHOT show this year so I can look at commercial places too while I'm there.