PDA

View Full Version : No more sales taxes for California

bulgron
10-12-2009, 6:25 AM
With the passage of AB 962, it looks like I'll be traveling out of state more often just to buy ammo. Since I'll be doing that, I might as well wait for those trips to make any and all non-daily purchases. So, from now on, all clothing, consumer electronics, shoes, camping equipment, sporting equipment, music, books, and other such "non-essential" purchases will be purchased out of state so as to deny California my sales tax dollars.

If I could talk my wife into moving, I would.

In state, I'll buy only daily necessities: food, utilities, etc.

And may the state of California go broke with all due speed.

gucci pilot
10-12-2009, 6:28 AM
Hear, hear.

hill billy
10-12-2009, 6:29 AM
Couldn't agree more.

ren
10-12-2009, 6:36 AM
wait until they want to tax us on Internet purchases.

The Director
10-12-2009, 6:38 AM
Amen. I'll never buy a single round of ammunition under the new scheme. They can go straight to hell I'll be damned if I give a fingerprint much less sales tax.

Sunwolf
10-12-2009, 6:38 AM
Not going to buy anything in Cali either.

MrSigmaDOT40
10-12-2009, 6:39 AM
+1000

xxG3xx
10-12-2009, 6:41 AM
I will be doing the same and I also will no longer buy , rent , or watch anything that arnold is in!

Nodda Duma
10-12-2009, 6:42 AM
Amen. I'll never buy a single round of ammunition under the new scheme. They can go straight to hell I'll be damned if I give a fingerprint much less sales tax.

Yep. The state will never collect a dime of revenue from my ammunition purchases. AB 962 takes effect in Feb 2011? My boycott takes effect TODAY.

-Jason

scott.cr
10-12-2009, 6:43 AM
What you're saying seems a bit ridiculous and shrill. But I have to agree that it wouldn't be that hard to plunk my money elsewhere. However they will still get you with state income tax.

Seriously, my retirement to Texas has just moved way up on the timetable.

gucci pilot
10-12-2009, 6:43 AM
Well, fire up that interweb, boys. I'm going out-of-state shopping today. Happy Columbus Day!

thempopresense
10-12-2009, 6:45 AM
so who is going to write Arnold and tell him the effects of letting that bill pass?

Rem222
10-12-2009, 6:50 AM
Yep. The state will never collect a dime of revenue from my ammunition purchases. AB 962 takes effect in Feb 2011? My boycott takes effect TODAY.

-Jason

Agreed....

Bud Fox
10-12-2009, 6:52 AM
Quick question, the head of operations for my company lives in Vegas, and lives in L.A. for 4 days out of the week. He drives back and forth once a week, would it be illegal for him to purchase ammo for me in Vegas and bring it to me at work?

bulgron
10-12-2009, 7:01 AM
Quick question, the head of operations for my company lives in Vegas, and lives in L.A. for 4 days out of the week. He drives back and forth once a week, would it be illegal for him to purchase ammo for me in Vegas and bring it to me at work?

Nope.

wellerjohn
10-12-2009, 7:03 AM
I will be doing the same and I also will no longer buy , rent , or watch anything that arnold is in!

+1:)

pullnshoot25
10-12-2009, 7:03 AM
Stupid bastards.

Bud Fox
10-12-2009, 7:04 AM
Nope.

Awesome, thank you.

pdq_wizzard
10-12-2009, 7:07 AM

I would think it was legal as long as he is not selling it to you :D

Midian
10-12-2009, 7:36 AM
It makes me wonder if at the state line checkpoint (presumably to see if you're bringing in produce or Mexicans) if they'll start looking for ammunition as well. Cross the border with three thousand rounds of .40? Hauled to jail for some trumped up terrorism charge or some other phony Homeland Security ghost.

Being fingerprinted to buy a perfectly legal item is tantamount to being accused of a future crime. We already succumb to it to purchase a firearm like felons, so what's next?

I'd be interested to hear what Larry Pratt from the G.O.A. has to say about this. Let's see if the CGF can fire back some sort of motion to block this turd.

Well, initial Schwarzenegger supporters (although I did vote against him the second time around), our complete betrayal is now complete.

smogcity
10-12-2009, 7:38 AM
I started that program last year..Had my property reassessed lower, I buy everything I can used on craigslist, etc and make every effort I can to not pay sales tax on ANYTHING but essentials. I will not buy a new car and pay sales tax/higher yearly car tax. It just feels better to withold funding for cali to squander...If anyone gets to waste my money, I want it to be me.

JDoe
10-12-2009, 7:43 AM

You may not have to wait long...

California Budget Is Already in the Red 10 Weeks After Passage (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=ahpLpu9sKLyY)

Oct. 10 (Bloomberg) -- California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger will know within a month whether a $1.1 billion drop in revenue collections is part of a growing budget shortfall or an isolated event, his budget spokesman said.

Revenue in the three months ended Sept. 30 was 5.3 percent less than assumed in the $85 billion annual budget, state controller John Chiang reported yesterday. Income tax receipts led the gap, as unemployment reached 12.2 percent in August....

CessnaDriver
10-12-2009, 7:45 AM
Is bringing a trunkload of ammo across the state border an issue?

wash
10-12-2009, 7:49 AM
This sounds like a good plan.

Yesterday I was helping my friend clean out his military surplus trailer. It's got big leaf springs and split rim big rig style wheels (20" I think). I bet it could haul a lot of ammo.

When we drive his Pinsgauer back in to CA towing a full trailer, there is nothing that any border inspector can do, we're not prohibited and there is no law against having a trailer full of ammo.

ZRX61
10-12-2009, 7:49 AM
Is bringing a trunkload of ammo across the state border an issue?

Assuming you can actually find enough to fill a truck....

M1A Rifleman
10-12-2009, 7:51 AM
Hey wait how does buying things out of state help you? You are supposed to pay state sales tax on anything you purchase out of state, and there is a location to declare and report this on your income tax form. ;)

loather
10-12-2009, 7:51 AM
Well -- looks like it's time to start a petition and get a repealing measure on the ballot for 2010. We can vote in Jerry Brown and get rid of 962 in one fowl swoop.

squishyhead
10-12-2009, 7:53 AM
With the passage of AB 962, it looks like I'll be traveling out of state more often just to buy ammo. Since I'll be doing that, I might as well wait for those trips to make any and all non-daily purchases. So, from now on, all clothing, consumer electronics, shoes, camping equipment, sporting equipment, music, books, and other such "non-essential" purchases will be purchased out of state so as to deny California my sales tax dollars.

How're you going to get gas to drive out of state?

Merc1138
10-12-2009, 8:02 AM

The state makes a hell of a lot less money on the gas to drive out of state, than it does in taxes on say, $1000 worth of ammo.

hawk1
10-12-2009, 8:43 AM
For me, I'll do everything I can to make sure this state gets as little as possible from me. This is my new daily challenge. Any chance I get, I'll use it to point illegals and others that milk the system towards public assistance.
I've had enough of trying to "fix" this state. Let it sink...

bulgron
10-12-2009, 8:45 AM

Let me see, for me to get to Reno and back it's about ~$70 in gas, depending on the current going rate. Half of that I'll spend in Reno filling up on the return trip. So call it $35 in gas. $50 or $60 if the price spikes back up to $5/gal.

Compare that to (depending on the trip):

- $1,000 in ammo
- $200 - $400 in clothing
- $100 - $150 in shoes/boots
- $500 in consumer electronics/camping gear/misc purchases
- $300 in lodging/food

Because I have an F150 with a Supercrew cab, I can easily bring three of my friends who will also make $1K - $2K in various and sundry purchases.

It looks like a lot, but mind you we're talking about doing this only once or twice a year. Instead of making those purchases gradually over the course of the year, just plan ahead and buy when out of state.

State of California gets taxes and fees on $60 (max) in gas. Nevada gets sales tax and fees revenue on $2.5K (max) purchases that I might have otherwise made in the state of California.

If everyone who cares about gun rights in CA does this, that's going to hurt the state economy, at a time when a slight puff of wind will blow California into bankruptcy.

California going bankrupt sounds like a real good idea to me this morning. Let's let the world see once and for all what actually happens to a wealthy state when liberal policies take hold and suck it dry like so many lamprey eels.

Save your freedoms. Give a Cop/Firefighter/Prison Guard/Teacher a HUGE, MASSIVE raise....

knuckled
10-12-2009, 8:48 AM
Hey wait how does buying things out of state help you? You are supposed to pay state sales tax on anything you purchase out of state, and there is a location to declare and report this on your income tax form. ;)

AFAIK sales tax paid in another state is deductible against use tax due.

FeuerFrei
10-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Gear up people!
Ammo runs are prepping now.
Nevada...here we come with our own stimulus package for you.
In 2011 this goes into effect.
...Hmmm.
If this was gonna be an easy win in the courts, why did we all get our collective panties in a bunch?
"If this had been an actual emergency you would have been advised..."
Was this just an exercise for future political mobilization? I guess I can buy that.

Choptop
10-12-2009, 10:28 AM
It makes me wonder if at the state line checkpoint (presumably to see if you're bringing in produce or Mexicans) if they'll start looking for ammunition as well. Cross the border with three thousand rounds of .40? Hauled to jail for some trumped up terrorism charge or some other phony Homeland Security ghost.

There is nothing in AB962 that says bringing ammo into the state is illegal.

secretasianman
10-12-2009, 10:34 AM
You could just plan on doing more trips to NV, buy a thousand rounds... and shoot it all in the desert on the same trip.

dirtnap
10-12-2009, 10:35 AM
For me, I'll do everything I can to make sure this state gets as little as possible from me. This is my new daily challenge. Any chance I get, I'll use it to point illegals and others that milk the system towards public assistance.
I've had enough of trying to "fix" this state. Let it sink...

We should all get jobs in the welfare system, as social workers we could make sure everybody got the assistance they need. :43:

bodger
10-12-2009, 10:37 AM
There is nothing in AB962 that says bringing ammo into the state is illegal.

There has been a lot of talk about amending AB962 and adding things toit or whatever you call it when they re-tool an existing law.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is something on the books soon enough that will attempt to kibosh our out-of-state ammo runs.

These buttheads in Sac have their own back-up plans.

glockman19
10-12-2009, 10:41 AM
I will make every effort to buy over the internet. I will do everything possible NOT to pay sales tax to the state, County and City.

CA is on drugs. We need to STOP the addict. Their drug is money. Let's help them overcome their addiction. Buy as much as you can out of state and have it delivered.

woodsman
10-12-2009, 10:42 AM

-Jason

I fully agree!!!!!

mikeinrancho
10-12-2009, 10:49 AM
I filled up for $2.37/gal in Arizona this weekend.

It felt good coming back and seeing that $3.19 value-added CA gasoline up on the boards and knowing I didn't need any of it.

$2.23 at the Bullhead City, AZ Sam's Club. :)

POLICESTATE
10-12-2009, 10:50 AM
No taxation without representation!

Stuff your money in your mattress, don't buy anything you don't need to, which is good advice these days anyway.

Yep Craigslist is a great place to buy and sell, plus they don't take a big cut like Ebay and Paypal do.

HondaMasterTech
10-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Just fill up a bunch of gas cans in Nevada, save them for your next trip. Viola, no taxes spent in California.

bwiese
10-12-2009, 11:46 AM
Bulgron,

I love ya but in theory your threat is a bit irrelevant. What goes untaxed via sales tax but is purchased and broght back into CA has 'use tax' on it instead. When you fill out your 540 every year you now swear under penalty of perjury that you have no "use taxable" transactions.

2009_gunner
10-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Just fill up a bunch of gas cans in Nevada, save them for your next trip. Viola, no taxes spent in California.

Exactly. When out of state, fill up to the brim.

leitung
10-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Yep, yearly trip to Montana, Idaho, and of course Nevada are in order. Plus as much hording as humanly possible. I never understood hording until now. Plus a reloading kit is going to be on the way ASAP.

forgiven
10-12-2009, 12:42 PM
I'm:(again.

bomb_on_bus
10-12-2009, 2:38 PM
Bulgron,

I love ya but in theory your threat is a bit irrelevant. What goes untaxed via sales tax but is purchased and broght back into CA has 'use tax' on it instead. When you fill out your 540 every year you now swear under penalty of perjury that you have no "use taxable" transactions.

I would think that it would take either a significant amount of transactions or a whole lotta money for this to get the IRS attention.

kf6tac
10-12-2009, 2:43 PM
I would think that it would take either a significant amount of transactions or a whole lotta money for this to get the IRS attention.

It's not the IRS you'd be dealing with, it's the state Board of Equalization. That said, I've never known anyone who got into trouble for not listing their use tax on their return. But I'd imagine that if your state return got audited for any reason whatsoever, the audit would be comprehensive enough for them to figure out that you're skimping on your use tax as well.

bulgron
10-12-2009, 3:13 PM
Bulgron,

Yes, in theory, it is irrelevant ....

orangeusa
10-12-2009, 3:31 PM
I bought 800 rounds of ammo in Texas recently, and it was taxed at IIRC 5-6%. But I was buying because they HAD AMMO.

But I get your point, it's not the rate, it's who GETS the tax. It just doesn't seem like much of a grassroots effort. The math just doesn't work to hurt he state. Nobody at the revenue service is gonna say - dang - we're not getting as much sales tax on ammo as we used to...

Ground Loop
10-12-2009, 3:39 PM
I thought if you paid sales tax in another state, you were not charged Use Tax in CA (since it was already taxed once.) Hmm...

Seems like there's a business opportunity for someone to open 'Bob's Ammo Bunker' in Stateline or Jean. "Ammo By The Case"

kf6tac
10-12-2009, 3:42 PM
I thought if you paid sales tax in another state, you were not charged Use Tax in CA (since it was already taxed once.) Hmm...

Seems like there's a business opportunity for someone to open 'Bob's Ammo Bunker' in Stateline or Jean. "Ammo By The Case"

The amount that you pay in out-of-state sales tax is deducted from the amount of use tax that you owe. If the out-of-state sales tax is less than the amount of use tax, you still have to pay the remainder.

Surefire
10-12-2009, 3:47 PM
A bit unrealistic for those of us living hundreds of miles from the state borders. Wish I was lucky enough to live near the border.

If I ever get a chance to leave the state, I will at first crack. But to drive hundreds of miles to avoid contributing to the state's sales tax will cost me more money that it will save.

Sig357
10-12-2009, 3:54 PM
So all you guys are going to stop buying firearms to avoid giving CA. DOJ your money.

I just purchased a Springfield EMP from out of state, but still can't avoid CA. fees.

M.45
10-12-2009, 3:58 PM
Movin to Vegas baby, vegas!

Timberline
10-12-2009, 4:04 PM
Arizona and Nevada are still taking you, whereas Oregon has no state sales tax... though there have been reports of some ammoe dealers there declining to sell to Californians. It's something I'll be testing, and soon.

Timberline
10-12-2009, 4:08 PM

You can bet that plenty of online and local ammunition dealers will move soon to stop sales here, well in advance of the law's implementation date. They won't care to wade into the fine details of the law, it will be enough for them that it passed.

HondaMasterTech
10-12-2009, 4:17 PM
So all you guys are going to stop buying firearms to avoid giving CA. DOJ your money.

I just purchased a Springfield EMP from out of state, but still can't avoid CA. fees.

Yes.

Sig357
10-12-2009, 4:23 PM
Yes.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your rationale. However, I do understand your anger and frustration. But giving up your 2 amendment right is going a little to far IMO. If you do that then AB962 accomplished a whole lot more.

HondaMasterTech
10-12-2009, 4:24 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't understand your rationale. However, I do understand your anger and frustration. But giving up your 2 amendment right is going a little to far IMO. If you do that then AB962 accomplished a whole lot more.

Don't misunderstand. I'm not giving anything up. I'm taking my business elsewhere. Legally, of course. :)

dchang0
10-12-2009, 4:29 PM
We should all get jobs in the welfare system, as social workers we could make sure everybody got the assistance they need. :43:

Hee hee--you mean "free lead slugs for all qualifying..."

Guys (and gals): BARTER is the new (and ancient) solution to heavy taxation.

@orangeusa: Agreed, but every little bit counts, especially if we can band together in large enough numbers.

Really, the greater victory for us is that whole swaths of gun owners have now changed their attitude towards California in a lasting way. This anger will affect decisions of all kinds for many years to come, whether it be to drive gun owners to vote more often to deciding where to spend their hard-earned dollars to simple lack of Californian-camaraderie.

It all adds up!

Sig357
10-12-2009, 4:29 PM
Don't misunderstand. I'm not giving anything up. I'm taking my business elsewhere. Legally, of course. :)

Good luck HondaMasterTech. I would go to if I could convince the wife. Maybe if I find a good paying job out of state, we wouldn't have a choice but to move.
Hmmm, I think I'm onto something there.:D

HondaMasterTech
10-12-2009, 4:35 PM
Good luck HondaMasterTech. I would go to if I could convince the wife. Maybe if I find a good paying job out of state, we wouldn't have a choice but to move.
Hmmm, I think I'm onto something there.:D

Thanks. I'm sure most of the people here are good people. I wish you and everyone else the best of luck. And, really, my anger and frustration are no more. I am merely dealing with an issue. :)

Biff...
10-12-2009, 4:46 PM
Would it be possible for all of us to band together and make one giant trip to Vegas, buy all our stuff and come back. We can call the news, make it a big deal, call the trip (no sales tax for California)

dchang0
10-12-2009, 4:58 PM
Thanks. I'm sure most of the people here are good people. I wish you and everyone else the best of luck. And, really, my anger and frustration are no more. I am merely dealing with an issue. :)

Multiple issues, really. In my case, I have been mulling leaving the state for years. Now, it's coming to a head. Here's a short list of highly rational reasons to leave the state:

1) Home prices--if I move to Texas, $180K buys a freakin MANSION with a huge multi-acre lawn.

2a) Collapsing state economy--jobs are moving steadily out of the state as businesses run for lower-tax regions. Education costs are skyrocketing, so getting retrained after getting laid off is a Catch-22 for many. Fewer people with jobs means higher crime, meaning more demand for gun control.

2b) Collapsing state budget--somebody's gotta pay the piper, and the across-the board tax and fee hikes have been hitting us harder and harder. I got a parking ticket recently and it was $40, up from $17 ten years ago. City business license: $340/year, up from $100 five years ago. Dog license: $60, up from $25. Those are the little hikes that start adding up on top of the big hikes like sales tax, etc. When the state pension funds start hitting the state soon, Calif. is SCREWED.

3) Gun control laws already on the books--total BS that we can't have SBRs, standard capacity mags, non-neutered semi-auto centerfire rifles, suppressors, shall-issue CCW, etc., when neighboring states allow it and see no serious differences in crime.

4) The upcoming huge earthquake--yes, some of you are going to laugh at this one, but big earthquakes do happen. We just don't know when. HOWEVER, we do know WHERE, and there are other states in the USA where earthquakes almost never strike because they're far away from fault lines.

5) Quality of family life--face it, California's not exactly the best place to raise kids. It's just not a wholesome environment. Even immigrants coming to California from more wholesome countries get "Americanized" or "Californiarized" quickly here.

nn3453
10-12-2009, 5:01 PM
Would it be possible for all of us to band together and make one giant trip to Vegas, buy all our stuff and come back. We can call the news, make it a big deal, call the trip (no sales tax for California)

See the post by Bill Weise. You have to pay use case (in theory) on this. If you turn it into a news item, that theory becomes a reality.

sholling
10-12-2009, 5:08 PM
We should all be on a sales tax strike but not on guns and rifle ammo. The Democrats hope that you'll put local gun shops out of business. That's their whole plan. Buy your TV from Amazon.com and your tires from TireRack.com but buy rifle ammo locally.

dchang0
10-12-2009, 5:15 PM
We should all be on a sales tax strike but not on guns and rifle ammo. The Democrats hope that you'll put local gun shops out of business. That's their whole plan. Buy your TV from Amazon.com and your tires from TireRack.com but buy rifle ammo locally.

Better to buy GUNS locally and still buy rifle ammo out of state. We can't avoid having to pay taxes on guns, so might as well use them to support the gun shops.

Considering that most of them carry far more guns than ammo, it is likely they make more margin off of gun sales than ammo sales, though I wouldn't know. I don't run a gun shop.

Vectrexer
10-12-2009, 5:18 PM

Once that happens I am getting PO Box in Reno and making a short trip from Pacifica.

Pont
10-12-2009, 6:43 PM
4) The upcoming huge earthquake--yes, some of you are going to laugh at this one, but big earthquakes do happen. We just don't know when. HOWEVER, we do know WHERE, and there are other states in the USA where earthquakes almost never strike because they're far away from fault lines.

You're afraid of The Big One that happens every 100 years and can be engineered against, so you're moving to a place with massive hurricanes every 5 years and deadly tornadoes every year like clockwork? (which cannot be economically engineered against, btw) You're aware that Texas has 1000-year quakes, right? And the occasional plague of locusts.

I mean, there are plenty of valid reasons to pick Texas over California, but earthquake risk is not one of them.

FullMetalJacket
10-12-2009, 6:46 PM
Dollars to FedEx before dimes to California.

rolo
10-12-2009, 6:48 PM
All of this grousing about moving is a cry for help. If you were serious you wouldn't be talking about it, you would have done it already.

Choptop
10-12-2009, 6:53 PM

ding ding ding!!!

someone gets it.

Is your local gun shop charging too much for ammo? Open up a shop the undercuts them by 50%. Sell ammo only, LOTS of it, Make $.

Ammo sales have not been made illegal in CA. Give your info just like you had to do before 1982 (remember that? Huh? Federal law?) If you take your biz out of state you are doing exactly what "they" want you to do. Putting gun related businesses in CA out of biz.

Surefire
10-12-2009, 6:56 PM
You're afraid of The Big One that happens every 100 years and can be engineered against, so you're moving to a place with massive hurricanes every 5 years and deadly tornadoes every year like clockwork? (which cannot be economically engineered against, btw) You're aware that Texas has 1000-year quakes, right? And the occasional plague of locusts.

I mean, there are plenty of valid reasons to pick Texas over California, but earthquake risk is not one of them.

Hurricanes wouldn't bother me if I was inland (you have plenty of warning, and they dissipate once inland). Cat 4s and 5s are uncommon. Tornados scare the crap out of me which is why I wouldn't move to Texas. 15 minutes warning is unexceptable, and tornados are very common (often several hundred a year east of the Rockies).

Earthquakes scare me about as much as tornados, because you have only 1-3 seconds warning if you are not right on the fault (the initial wave is less powerful than the damaging waves and arrives first because it is faster than the damaging waves). The only good thing about quakes is that the big ones are relatively uncommon.

I would trade quakes for hurricanes -- but the problem is most of the hurricane states also have lots of tornado activity. Florida for example has the most tornados PER SQUARE MILE of any state -- although FL tornados tend to be less powerful than midwest tornados.

250rah
10-12-2009, 7:16 PM
I am new to the imperial valley area and I went to go buy some reloading stuff and was told no one in the valley sells any of it because of the high tax on pwder and primers ETC so they pretty much told me to go to yuma. That is sad and that is what is making sales go some where else. On a side note I also tried to find a FFL to get a gun shipped in and the same shop told me to go to a private person because they couldnt/WOULDNT help me because I could buy the gun from them for 300 more dollars if they want the support I am more than willing to give it to them but with customer service like this I will go out of state.

Scratch705
10-12-2009, 7:50 PM
Bulgron,

that only applies if you bought the ammo yourself. doesn't apply if a friend gifted the ammo to you.

dchang0
10-12-2009, 8:15 PM

Hey, I grew up in the South--there is a very simple way to engineer against tornadoes and hurricanes: a below-ground flood-proofed storm shelter.

Plus, I've lived through plenty of hurricanes and even a couple of killer tornadoes before, so those don't bother me. #1: You can see them coming--hurricanes days in advance, tornadoes maybe hours in advance. #2: You can drive to safe places, especially high-ground, which fends off tornadoes and usually fends off hurricanes. Better yet, do what my family did--live on the side of a mountain. Tornadoes ALWAYS peter out before hitting the mountains.

HondaMasterTech
10-12-2009, 8:49 PM
All of this grousing about moving is a cry for help. If you were serious you wouldn't be talking about it, you would have done it already.

People who just up and move without preparing are called "homeless".

M. Sage
10-12-2009, 9:39 PM

They do, it's called use tax. http://www.boe.ca.gov/sutax/pam71.htm

SickofSoCal
10-12-2009, 10:22 PM
I will make every effort to buy over the internet. I will do everything possible NOT to pay sales tax to the state, County and City.

CA is on drugs. We need to STOP the addict. Their drug is money. Let's help them overcome their addiction. Buy as much as you can out of state and have it delivered.

Uh, you do realize that the bill banned internet sales? Or are you talking about before Feb. 2011?

kf6tac
10-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Uh, you do realize that the bill banned internet sales? Or are you talking about before Feb. 2011?

I think he was referring to ALL purchases, not just of ammunition.

SickofSoCal
10-12-2009, 10:29 PM
I think he was referring to ALL purchases, not just of ammunition.

Gotcha.

SgtWaggoner
10-12-2009, 10:33 PM

RIGHT BEHIND YOU PALLIE!!!

fireblast713
10-13-2009, 10:32 PM
as much as I feel you about denying CA it's sales tax, I also think that if everyone doesn't purchase ammo from CA retailers, then those retailers would dry up entirely, you'd be hurting their business more than the state of CA