PDA

View Full Version : ***UPDATE: CHP are NOT under orders to confiscate firearms***

artherdGROUPEESUCKS
09-11-2005, 10:50 PM
This is third party (message) but from a CHP OFFICER, good friend and shooting buddy of mine who is one of the 100 CA CHP officers in NO right now.

1) The CHP is under no orders to confiscate legally owned firearms, infact later that day they encountered houses full of guns and wished the residents well. They are not disarming people withought other extenuating circumstances.

2) The CHP is under orders to remove people from the area designated for MANDATORY evacuation. This is ostentiobly a legal act, authority to do so has been grated and the CHP is taking orders from the NO State Police who are under the Governor, who is under the direction of FEMA. They have been Federalized, and the feds may mandate an evac. It is not clear if they are infact FORCING people to leave, or entering and "STERNELY ADVISING" them that they are to leave.

3) Houses will be entered if the doorbell is answered or if the door is open. If the door is closed and knocks are not answered they are moving on

4) The issue of the old lady is still cloudy. However, HER DOOR WAS OPEN, so the CHP entered her house. We did see her sweep the cameraman with her revolver. It is not clear wether she pointed it at the cops or not, nor is it clear how in command of her faculties she was. In any event, she was NOT left defenseless, but evacuated. I do not know if she was arreasted or merely sent on her way, this is where the cell connection got spotty and dropped.

He was present and *IN* the videotaped incident with the old woman if you remember. To protect his identity I will not say more.

Hopefully more from him soon. Godspeed and stay safe buddy.

EDITs to clairify what is happening. MORE Edits, I do not know if they are forcing evictions or advising at this point.

Here is the video: http://www.ktvu.com/video/4940115/detail.html

Charliegone
09-11-2005, 10:57 PM
Well, glad that is cleared up.

Kestryll
09-12-2005, 12:15 AM
Here is the video, she told them to leave her home and they refused.
Then they bulldoged an old lady.
No excuses. No honor.
And yes, they took her weapon as well.
http://www.ktvu.com/video/4940115/detail.html

50 Freak
09-12-2005, 1:01 AM
He was present and *IN* the videotaped incident with the old woman if you remember. To protect his identity I will not say more.

Hopefully more from him soon. Godspeed and stay safe buddy.

Hummmmhhh http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Ask him if he's proud of helping to tackle an old lady and dragging her out of her house.

Tell him as a Californian. I for one was ashamed of him and the CHP.

1) The CHP is under no orders to confiscate legally owned firearms, infact later that day they encountered houses full of guns and wished the residents well. They are not disarming people withought other extenuating circumstances.

2) The CHP is under orders to remove people from the area designated for MANDATORY evacuation. This is ostentiobly a legal act, authority to do so has been grated and the CHP is taking orders from the NO State Police who are under the Governor, who is under the direction of FEMA. They have been Federalized, and the feds may mandate an evac. It is not clear if they are infact FORCING people to leave, or entering and "STERNELY ADVISING" them that they are to leave.

3) Houses will be entered if the doorbell is answered or if the door is open. If the door is closed and knocks are not answered they are moving on

4) The issue of the old lady is still cloudy. However, HER DOOR WAS OPEN, so the CHP entered her house. We did see her sweep the cameraman with her revolver. It is not clear wether she pointed it at the cops or not, nor is it clear how in command of her faculties she was. In any event, she was NOT left defenseless, but evacuated. I do not know if she was arreasted or merely sent on her way, this is where the cell connection got spotty and dropped.

1) Since they were not under orders. Why did they take her gun away from her? Was it for fun?

2) Still no Marshal Law has been declared. And if forced evacuation has been declared, why have not the Army done so (their federal). They still refuse to do so and say it is up to the local police to do so. I don't buy this. Didn't know FEMA can order a governor of a state to do anything. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Sounds like a very "gray" area the Gov and Mayor are doing. Wonder what the legal ramifications will be after all this is said and done.

3) Don't know about this rule, been watching TV and pretty much in all the news programs, I see the police kicking in doors, or using battering rams, chains tied to cars.

4) Not clear if she was in command of her faculties???? She seemed perfectly fine when she said she didn't want to leave and told the police to leave her house.

Josh
09-12-2005, 1:46 AM
ation. This is ostentiobly a legal act, authority to do so has been grated and the CHP is taking orders from the NO State Police who are under the Governor, who is under the

Just because someone says they can does not mean it is legal to do so.

If someone wants to die in their house let them, just make sure they understand that this was their chance and they are on their own.

MrTenX
09-12-2005, 8:18 AM
This is a good read on this subject:

Defenseless on the Bayou: New Orleans gun confiscation is foolish and illegal (http://www.reason.com/hod/dk091005.shtml)

dwtt
09-13-2005, 9:45 PM
Originally posted by 50 Freak:

2) Still no Marshal Law has been declared. And if forced evacuation has been declared, why have not the Army done so (their federal). They still refuse to do so and say it is up to the local police to do so. I don't buy this. Didn't know FEMA can order a governor of a state to do anything. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

The Army cannot act as law enforcement unless martial law is declared. Even if martial law is declared by the governor, then it's up to the state's national guard to enforce it, not the US Army. The Posse Comitatus Act prohibits the military from performing civilian law enforcement in the US. Also, FEMA doesn't call the shots in a natural disaster like in N.O., they are there to provide aid where it's needed, but the Governor is supposed to be calling the shots.

stator
09-14-2005, 5:46 PM
Just being "Federalized" does give the LEO's the right to force evaculations from people's property. In order to suspend the U.S. Constitution, which is what would be required, then the section dealing with suspending habeas corpus must be performed (by act of Congress). See Article I, section 9.

The CHP and others are voilating the U.S. Constitution and the rights of the people without due process by do this. However, our judges have skew the meaning and degraded the importance of the U.S. Constitution, it does not matter much anymore.

stator
09-14-2005, 5:53 PM
Originally posted by dwtt:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 50 Freak:

The Army cannot act as law enforcement unless martial law is declared. Even if martial law is declared by the governor, then it's up to the state's national guard to enforce it, not the US Army. The Posse Comitatus Act prohibits the military from performing civilian law enforcement in the US. Also, FEMA doesn't call the shots in a natural disaster like in N.O., they are there to provide aid where it's needed, but the Governor is supposed to be calling the shots. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BTW, no state can declare martial law as the U.S. Constitution (on purpose of the founders) steered clear of it. However, as I mentioned above, the founders did realize there are times which rights and privledges, both God given and protected, need to be temporary encroached. That is the language regarding how to suspend habeas corpus.

Posse Comitatus is exactly that, an Act. Obviously since it is not an amendment of the U.S. Constitution, it is regulated by it. Congress can easily pass another Act changing it (and they have). Or, it can be circumvented by an executive order.

For those that think otherwise, I dare anyone to show me in the U.S. Constitution that gives the powers to state govenors to suspend the rights preserved by it of the people. Anybody????????? In other words, can a state governor suspend the U.S. Constitution in order to implement martial law?

whatever
09-14-2005, 7:13 PM
The California Highway Patrol is confiscating arms in New Orleans???

AR-shogun
09-14-2005, 7:23 PM
Hey for the pay they are getting I would do it too?

stillbigmac
09-14-2005, 9:15 PM
I'd pull guns out of a dirtbags hands in a minute...

You couldn't pay me to disarm a little old lady, or a little young lady either..

A couple years ago I gave up an 80 grand a year job because I didn't want to pass out boxes to those getting laid off any more.

Some things you cant pay me to do and others I would gladly do without pay.

The older I get the more clear my values become to me and the more important they are to me.