PDA

View Full Version : Welcome NEW CRPA Members!!!

oaklander
10-11-2009, 7:02 PM
Calguns.net was mentioned by yours truly in an article that I wrote for The Firing Line. The article is entitled "Getting an AR or AK style Rifle in California: It's Easier Than You Think!" - and it appears in the latest issue (October 2009).

To my knowledge, this is the first time that Calguns.net has been mentioned in that publication.

If you get The Firing Line, also please check out Gene's great article entitled A Loaded Firearm in California: What is the Real Story? Gene mentions the CGF Wiki (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Main_Page) in that article.

Between the two articles, we should start getting many more NEW visitors!

Those of you that are new: I would like to welcome you and encourage you to look around!!!!

:D

For those of you are not familiar with the CRPA, it is the California Rifle and Pistol Association, and it is the NRA's affiliate organization in California.

Bud Fox
10-11-2009, 7:08 PM
Good job, 5 stars. :cool:

Saigon1965
10-11-2009, 7:13 PM
Ah Oak - Link to said article please -

Beatone
10-11-2009, 7:14 PM
Spread the word K.

Mstrty
10-11-2009, 7:23 PM
I'm looking forward to enjoying my "Life Membership" under CRPA's new guys.

oaklander
10-11-2009, 7:37 PM
It's print only - let me see if I can dig up the version I submitted.

Ah Oak - Link to said article please -

Blackhawk556
10-11-2009, 7:45 PM
It's print only - let me see if I can dig up the version I submitted.

you aren't able to post again until you find that version :D:D

oaklander
10-11-2009, 8:20 PM
Normally, I would not do this, but since I've posted it here before, I'll do it this one last time. After this, JOIN THE CRPA to read me and Gene's articles (and other people's articles too). . .

madmike
10-11-2009, 8:31 PM
Got my Firing Line yesterday. Good article, well written.

Thanks for doing that!

-madmike.

G17GUY
10-11-2009, 8:32 PM
Normally, I would not do this, but since I've posted it here before, I'll do it this one last time. After this, JOIN THE CRPA to read me and Gene's articles (and other people's articles too). . .

sweet..:cool2:

Welcome CRPA members!

bwiese
10-11-2009, 8:34 PM
As you've seen over the last year, the New CRPA's leadership and new legislative liaison are working 100% cooperatively - and 100% intelligently - with NRA.

Life is complex and you need smart people to deal with complexity.

In fact, CRPA's lobbyist Tom Pedersen played a significant role in stopping new F&G lead ammo regulations from going in. I was there at the hearings and saw the recognition he garnered (he served in F&G roles in the past, amongst other LE-related roles) from the FG&C. Nobody could act like Fairfax, VA was pushing something down CA's thoat.

Remember, it's VERY important to have a formal, *state* gun organization with *California* in the title. If we can get CRPA to 100K members that'd be a helluvan accomplishment - I always like to say if you can get 100K Californians to do anything in unison other than be overtaxed, you have a major achievement on your hands.

DK9mm
10-11-2009, 9:22 PM
I am honored to be part of the CRPA.

jdberger
10-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Nice article, Oak!

I think that copies of this article should be on every CGN Gun Show Booth.

wildhawker
10-12-2009, 12:58 PM
As it has been written, so let it be done.

jdberger
10-12-2009, 1:08 PM
I'll print up a couple hundred. When's the next show?

PM the contact info for the coordinator and I'll make sure that they get into his/her hands....

oaklander
10-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Sweet!

I'll print up a couple hundred. When's the next show?

PM the contact info for the coordinator and I'll make sure that they get into his/her hands....

eric2063
10-12-2009, 10:54 PM
Thank you for the welcome, I joined a little late for the 962 issue (like yesterday afternoon) but now I am here. I might not always post, I may get occasionally torqued and post too much, but between this board, the old Culver board on Milsurp, and wildfire.com I behave myself and mostly read. Thank you for the work everyone did in the last few months, even the great unwashed appreciate it.
Donation on the way when I can get one step ahead of the bill collector :)
Eric

obeygiant
10-12-2009, 10:56 PM
Thank you for the welcome, I joined a little late for the 962 issue (like yesterday afternoon) but now I am here. I might not always post, I may get occasionally torqued and post too much, but between this board, the old Culver board on Milsurp, and wildfire.com I behave myself and mostly read. Thank you for the work everyone did in the last few months, even the great unwashed appreciate it.
Donation on the way when I can get one step ahead of the bill collector :)
Eric

Welcome to CGN.

lorax3
10-13-2009, 12:54 AM
Although Oaklander already submitted his text version, attached is a pdf of how it appeared in print.

Thanks to SteveW (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=3201602&postcount=7) for the scan.

Aleksei Vasiliev
10-13-2009, 1:05 AM
I tried to join the CRPA

a week or two later I got a letter in the mail saying the card had been declined (it was a PayPal virtual mastercard)

somebody inform them that I signed up over the internet and they had my e-mail and could have just e-mailed me telling me that

jdberger
10-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Sweet!

What are you going to do with all this fame?

oaklander
10-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Use it to mobilize people to help the NRA, CRPA, and CGF fight AB 962, of course!

What are you going to do with all this fame?

xxdabroxx
10-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Welcome aboard our board.

pullnshoot25
10-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Calguns.net was mentioned in the SD Reader article...

pullnshoot25
10-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Whoops. You said mentioned in THAT publication, not A publication. Excuse the grammatical error.