View Full Version : Recommend me a good Stainless Barrel for an AR-15 build.

10-11-2009, 9:29 AM
First of all, yes I have searched. I have searched and read so many threads, that my head is beginning to spin.

Anyways, I am looking for a 16" Stainless barrel in a NON-BEAD-BLASTED finish that is threaded for a compensator. I really like the look of Stainless steel, and not the dull appearance of a bead blasted unit. I really like what people have to say about WOA barrels, but it appears as if what they have to offer are bead blasted.

I want the barrel to be as accurate as possible, but also offer some decent longevity. I would like for it to be chambered in .223 wylde.

10-11-2009, 10:06 AM
By the WOA and hit it with a buffer.

10-11-2009, 10:18 AM
JP Rifles sells a machined finish barrel I believe.

And all their .223 offerings are chambered in .223 Wylde.

Also, if you change your mind, they offer the same barrels with a black phosphate style finish. Nice looking barrels, but they may only be available in heavier contours.

10-11-2009, 12:47 PM
I'll definitely consider a JP barrel.

How about RRA? Do they make a threaded 16" barrel in a standard stainless finish?

10-11-2009, 1:08 PM
Sabre makes damn good barrels.
Douglas makes damn good barrels.
White Oak makes damn good barrels.
Satern makes damn good barrels.
Pacnor makes damn good barrels.
Lilja makes damn good barrels.

Just to name a few....the guys and gals on this board or pretty 'in the know" about "stuff"....seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be open unto you.

10-11-2009, 1:25 PM
Bravo Company.

10-11-2009, 1:38 PM
Call WOA. I'm sure you can get a machined finish barrel.

all the best,

10-11-2009, 1:42 PM
Good suggestion. I'll try calling them tomorrow.

10-11-2009, 5:35 PM
I am having two custom ar-10 uppers built by a gun smith in north carolina and he uses lillja barrels ,i ordered the barrels from lillja(special profile gun smith has on file with them) and the folks there are great to deal with.