PDA

View Full Version : Do you have your ammo lined up?

tenpercentfirearms
10-11-2009, 9:42 AM
Am I the only one kind of planning on trying to buy whatever ammo I can find by the end of the day today? Hoping I don't have to, but being prepared just in case.

fuegoslow
10-11-2009, 9:58 AM
I'm with you, Wes. On picking up lots more ammo.

But I like this avatar better.
http://www.freewebs.com/girlsball/usc-trojans.jpg

CSACANNONEER
10-11-2009, 10:04 AM
If you waited until last Nov to start hoarding ammo you were not too smart. To wait until today to start hoarding ..........well, I don't know what to say about that except, REAL POOR PLANNING.

n2k
10-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Commencing February 1, 2011, if it passes.

We should have some time to stock up.

n2k
10-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Seems like there are two dates:

This bill would require that commencing July 1, 2010, unless
specifically excluded, no person shall sell or transfer more than 50
rounds of handgun ammunition in any month unless he or she is
registered as a handgun ammunition vendor, as defined. The bill would
also require these vendors to obtain a background clearance for
those employees who would handle ammunition in the course and scope
of their employment. The bill would require the Department of Justice
to maintain a registry of registered handgun ammunition vendors, as
specified. Violation of these provisions, as specified, would be a
misdemeanor.

Intimid8tor
10-11-2009, 10:09 AM
It doesn't go into law tonight. That being said, prices might make it look like it is. Anyway, not planning on buying any tonight. I;ve been buying for the past few years.

Mssr. Eleganté
10-11-2009, 1:51 PM
Am I the only one kind of planning on trying to buy whatever ammo I can find by the end of the day today? Hoping I don't have to, but being prepared just in case.

What's the matter? Do you think the gun shop in Taft is going to start gouging you if the law gets signed? :p

bohoki
10-11-2009, 2:22 PM
its not like you can even find cheap handgun ammo to stock up with

tenpercentfirearms
10-11-2009, 7:02 PM
its not like you can even find cheap handgun ammo to stock up with

That is the problem. I think most dealers missed the November 2008 stock up date. Now we are struggling to stock up anywhere you can. If this thing passes, good luck finding any ammo anywhere at anytime. Sure we will find more once the bill goes into effect, but until then, everyone is going to be looking for it anywhere they can get it.

freakshow10mm
10-11-2009, 7:13 PM
I think dealers are already starting to gamble on the bill passing. Got a purchase order for a CA dealer for 205,000 rounds of pistol ammo says he's buying just in case the bill is signed.

Saigon1965
10-11-2009, 7:20 PM
Let the loading commence -

I think dealers are already starting to gamble on the bill passing. Got a purchase order for a CA dealer for 205,000 rounds of pistol ammo says he's buying just in case the bill is signed.

tenpercentfirearms
10-11-2009, 7:39 PM
Let the loading commence -

I have 1000 9mm, .40, and .45 ACP just waiting to be reloaded. I just never have the time.

I got some .40 S&W lined up that I can buy the heck out of if it passes. I fully expect there to be a run on ammo if this thing goes through. Even if it is just CA, we will suck the ammo supply completely dry.

freakshow10mm
10-11-2009, 7:45 PM
Pretty much.