PDA

View Full Version : Confused on how to buy a lower online.

Backinblack1234
10-10-2009, 9:47 PM
Hopefully this is in the correct part of the forum.

My father wants to buy a lower from Spikes Tactical. He does not use a computer. The directions from the website kind of confuses me. Hopefully it is not a dumb question and I am not wasting your time.
From their website.
"If you would kindly put the name of your FFL in your Comment box when you check out and then have your FFL fax us their info to: 866-283-2215 and put YOUR NAME on the fax we can match up the fax with your order and ship you out as soon as possible. If you are using an FFL already on file with us tell us the name and state that they are on file already."

So the FFL that we chose is on file but how does the FFL know that Spikes Tactical is sending them the lower . Does Spikes Tactical tell our FFL that MR. JOE Blow is getting a lower? or is it best that we contact our FFL and tell them that we are getting one?

Tragic Image
10-10-2009, 9:54 PM
Contact your FFL first. Make sure they're good to go with receiving a stripped, off list, lower. Ask about their fees for accepting the transfer.

they fax off a copy of their ffl stuff, you order your stuff and have it shipped to that FFL....

Go in, do your DROS paperwork. Pick up in 10 days.

freakshow10mm
10-10-2009, 10:09 PM
1. Contact the FFL and ask them if it's OK to accept a receiver from ___ for transfer to you. Ask about policies, price, etc.

2. Order the lower online, put your FFL's name in the comments section during checkout.

3. Have them fax their license to the seller with something to the effect of "Transfer for Backinblack1234 order number ___" on the cover sheet.

4. When the lower arrives at your dealer, go do the transfer, etc.

5. Post a pic of your build on here when you're done with it. Or else.

Backinblack1234
10-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Thank you for the speedy responses. And I will post pics for everyone to indulge on. :)