PDA

View Full Version : Open Carry on radio show now!

team06
10-10-2009, 3:27 PM
http://player.streamtheworld.com/liveplayer.php?callsign=KUHL#Main

SMPD police chief talking about open carry right now, hear his views straight from the horses mouth.

Sunshine
10-10-2009, 3:37 PM
"...we're going to run the numbers, check for any warrants..." (after the unloaded check)

*uh huh, if you did not fail the check, do not consent.

"I don't care where you carry the ammunition... if magazines that are carried concealed, I don't really care, other officers may but I won't give you any problems"

*Never take legal advise from LEO

CnCFunFactory
10-10-2009, 3:53 PM
what is he talking about? A locked container with a firearm inside in your trunk is considered concealing a deadly weapon?

spitkiss
10-10-2009, 3:56 PM
I have no idea. According to him, any transportation of a handgun requires it to be visible in plain sight and unloaded, regardless of going to or from the range. Locked in the trunk is considered concealed!?

CnCFunFactory
10-10-2009, 3:59 PM
Last time I checked the trunk all by itself is a locked container and is suitable for transporting a handgun. Sounds like another CLEO that doesn't know diddly.

spitkiss
10-10-2009, 4:15 PM
This guy was the chief of police too. Scarey.

Roadrunner
10-10-2009, 4:29 PM
Is there a recorded version I can listen to?

GuyW
10-10-2009, 5:24 PM
what is he talking about? A locked container with a firearm inside in your trunk is considered concealing a deadly weapon?

Yes, it is concealing, but in an approved manner....

bodger
10-10-2009, 6:57 PM
I have no idea. According to him, any transportation of a handgun requires it to be visible in plain sight and unloaded, regardless of going to or from the range. Locked in the trunk is considered concealed!?

So this numbnuts is not aware of the school zone restriction?

Gawd, this is the kind of scenario where the cop realizes he's made a mistake by arresting you and somehow your weapon ends up loaded to make the charge right.

Roadrunner
10-10-2009, 8:43 PM
So this numbnuts is not aware of the school zone restriction?

Gawd, this is the kind of scenario where the cop realizes he's made a mistake by arresting you and somehow your weapon ends up loaded to make the charge right.

You mean even if they have to load their own ammo into it to make it stick?

bodger
10-11-2009, 9:57 AM
You mean even if they have to load their own ammo into it to make it stick?

Maybe. I'm not slamming all LEOs, but when it comes to gun laws in CA and the apparent knowledge, or lack therof, that some of these LEOs have, I don't rule anything out.

Charges against Theseus for example. What a crock.

mej16489
10-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Maybe. I'm not slamming all LEOs, but when it comes to gun laws in CA and the apparent knowledge, or lack therof, that some of these LEOs have, I don't rule anything out.

Charges against Theseus for example. What a crock.

Don't forget, the officers didn't charge Theseus with any crime. Its the DA that came after him.