PDA

View Full Version : Gun World/Burbank Now Selling Saigas--More to Come

lomalinda
10-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Just got off the phone with GW and was pleasantly surprised. Saigas for around $600 at a store that just a few weeks ago was still telling people they were illegal.

When asked if they would be selling other off-list stuff, they said "you'll be happy with our new offerings over the next few months."

According to the salesman, the rationale for the new policy was "922 compliance." Of course that was the case long ago, but it's a way to face-save when one's joinging the off-list party. Either way, more OLL means more common ownership, helping meet the "Heller test."

tomd1584
10-10-2009, 12:30 PM
good for them. but i've had too many bad CS experiences to ever buy something from them ever again.

-Tom

munkeeboi
10-10-2009, 1:51 PM
Glad to see more stores carrying ebrs but a saiga that costs $380+$70 Transfer to buy from an Internet vendor? It's hard for me to support a local store when the difference is that great.

Dekker
10-10-2009, 1:58 PM
Their prices are a tad bit too high. I only went once and I saw something I liked but when I turned over the price tag....my eyes nearly popped out of my head. My brother in law had it right when he told me to only use their store as a way to look/feel/hold/aim a firearm that you will be buying from another source, this way you can see what you're gonna get before you commit with the money. But ya can't really blame them, they're a small store and just can't buy in bulk.

SPUTTER
10-10-2009, 2:37 PM
What? $600? I don't care that its Burbank. You can get them at Gun Kings Armory for $400, up the way.

Midian
10-10-2009, 2:44 PM
GW is where MSRP goes to breed. However, they're very close to where I work, so sometimes I do pop in there for small stuff.

As an aside, anyone ever get the full story about the suicide that took place there a few months back? Whatever happened with that?

Steve G
10-10-2009, 3:35 PM
Gun World's prices are obscene, some of the attitudes are as well. They do tend to get their act together as soon as they see some $$. Go to look and feel, buy elsewhere. They do have a good amount of inventory.

lomalinda
10-10-2009, 3:42 PM
Went there with the Mrs. today and saw an H&K SL-8 for $3000!

Had a mag lock device and was black poly.

WAY too much $$$ but like I said before, good to see formerly skittish dealers are warming to OL merchandise.

I'll keep going to Independent Armament (Calguns dealer), though.

tombinghamthegreat
10-10-2009, 3:45 PM
600 is way too much.

fliparch
10-10-2009, 6:22 PM
Gun World is a great place to shop...if you have the extra cash.

supermario
10-10-2009, 6:44 PM
Hey, at least the OLL's are being sold almost everyplace now. All we need is
Martin B. Retting go sell em and have AK's on their sales floor like the old days..

Vin496
10-10-2009, 7:31 PM
Hey, at least the OLL's are being sold almost everyplace now. All we need is
Martin B. Retting go sell em and have AK's on their sales floor like the old days..

I'm sure it will happen soon. OLL is for the most part mainstream now, and why would a shop not want to bring in extra money.

I wonder how all the guys saying it's illegal and your going to jail will justify it though.

lomalinda
10-10-2009, 7:36 PM
As soon as I got off the phone with GW, I called Retting's and Randy told me that "they'll never do OL stuff here." We'll see about that one.

Ironically, I was calling to ask the GW guys to reconsider their hesitancy to sell OL stuff in light of Turner's decision to offer them. In the past, their excuses were always amusing. In this case, the "now they're 922r compliant" excuse was also funny, but it brought with it news of increasingly widespread acceptance of these guns.

While the prices might be a bit high, they know their stuff and are well-stocked for accessories, making the place a good option for those with a bit of extra cash.