PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Money Alternatives?

thempopresense
10-10-2009, 9:05 AM
I haven't used the product in a while, been managing in spreadsheets. Today I go to sign in and find out that the product has been discontinued and the online services for pulling down bank transactions no longer works.

Any recommendations for a good product that will give me a picture of all my accounts on one screen?

Thanks!

deyv
10-10-2009, 9:48 AM
I use GNUCash on LINUX. I went to their page and they make a Windows version as well. Give it a shot, it is free and it works for me.

http://www.gnucash.org/

-deyv

PonchoTA
10-10-2009, 11:46 AM
I'm still using Money '98 and it does everything I want it to.

I have an extra copy on disk I'll be happy to let you have if you want it. Has all the online transaction capability, I think. I don't use it since my bank(s) will let me do the same, and I keep track of all my transactions regularly anyway.
But the function is there.

Please let me know if you want this. PM with your address and I'll send it out.
If you don't want to use it, I can just hold onto it, no biggie.

JDay
10-10-2009, 2:28 PM
Quicken.

mister dize
10-11-2009, 9:40 PM
mint.com is a good company, they just got bought out by Intuit, the company that makes Quicken.

bigmike82
10-12-2009, 11:40 AM
A month ago, I would have said mint in a heartbeat.

But since they sold out and are now owned by Quicken...Quicken Online or Mint will do.

gunn
10-12-2009, 1:06 PM
Ever use Yodlee.com?
They power a bunch of different websites; I originally found them when they powered Citibank's MyCiti site (gone now) and have been using them for the past 5 years. I use it to get a snapshot of what my accounts are doing and then update Quicken on my local PC.
-g

goldleviathan
10-13-2009, 12:40 AM
Try Moneydance. Info here:

http://www.moneydance.com/

Works for Mac, Linux, and Windows. Free trial version available for download.

mecam
10-13-2009, 5:59 AM
I'm still using Quicken 2002 to balance my checkbook but I don't use any of the online services.

tba02
10-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Another vote for Yodlee, I use it daily. It's web based however.
GnuCash is quite popular and supported.
I used to use AceMoney before moving over to Yodlee.
Also web based are mint (as mentioned, now owne by quicken), wesabe and quicken online.

locosway
10-13-2009, 4:17 PM
There's a ton of finance applications that are FREE on Linux. There's also a few OSS alternatives for Windows and Mac that are free too. Moneydance is neat, I liked it when I used it.