PDA

View Full Version : NFA-ing a C&R

xLusi0n
10-10-2009, 7:02 AM
If I have a C&R that I want to Form 1, is there anywhere for me to indicate that it is a C&R or does ATF figure that out based on serial number, make, model?

OCArmory
10-10-2009, 8:52 AM
It does not work. I tried it with a shotgun. A form 1 is a request to manufacture a firearm. The way the examiner explained it is that you are manufacturing a new NFA firearm. Thus any C&R qualities are mute. I tried to ask them if the same thing would apply to a firearm specifically in the book and C&R by date but was unsuccessful in getting an answer.
Mike

xLusi0n
10-10-2009, 9:37 AM
I know what you're referring to, but as I understand it...this is a stance that ATF has taken that is currently being challenged. The policy they used to support this seems absurd and ignores their previous policy that a receiver is a firearm. This is basically based on their idea that if you modify a C&R, it no longer maintains its C&R status.

In fact, they only recently enforced this. Before they were approving Form 1s of this situation.

Anyway, aside from this fact, is their any special requirement to indicate a firearm is a C&R?

6172crew
10-10-2009, 9:51 AM
Are you looking to cut the barrel on it? I filled out a form 1 on a Ps90 to hack the barrel off to 10.5 inches, why would teh ATF not allow you to do it for a C&R?

OCArmory
10-10-2009, 12:31 PM
In California you must have a dangerous weapons permit for short barreled rifles/ shotguns, machine guns and suppressors.
And in answer to the original post there was no where to note that it was a C&R. The examiner just called and asked how I planned to legally configure this in the state of California.
Mike

lorax3
10-10-2009, 1:40 PM
Are you looking to cut the barrel on it? I filled out a form 1 on a Ps90 to hack the barrel off to 10.5 inches, why would teh ATF not allow you to do it for a C&R?

I see you have a CA and NV location. Was the form 1 filed from CA?

The ATF approved your from 1 on a non C&R SBR? How long ago was this? Do you have a permit from the DOJ?

If not, how did you avoid 12020 as it seems only C&R SBS/SBR's and AOW's are exempt unless you have a DOJ permit.