PDA

View Full Version : Counter some propaganda being spread from DC.

Digital_Boy
10-09-2009, 11:05 PM
Blogger in DC spreading the usual FUD re: if the Supremes incorporate the 2nd nationwide, we're going to be awash in blood from people shooting each other over trivial matters.

Here's the blog link: http://notionscapital.wordpress.com/2009/10/08/the-armed-american/

I know there've got to be sources of newspaper or online stories detailing how armed citizens deterred or incapacitated/killed their attackers due to being armed.

RRangel
10-09-2009, 11:25 PM
The incorporation of the 2nd will make the streets awash in blood in the same manner that 40 state CCW has done the same. Not to mention that for many states incorporation of the 2nd won't change much.

Most states are not DC or California. This claim has been made since the original hoopla over CCW in Florida decades ago. The streets are not running with blood yet so this is a terrible argument. Laughable even.

umoja
10-10-2009, 1:27 AM
Reading this makes my eyes glaze over :wacko:

gcvt
10-10-2009, 1:30 AM
Which one of you posted this brilliance?... :)

"Gun Control is murder by proxy. Supporters of gun control are guilty of the murders of the Disarmed Americans who are slain in the criminal empowerment zones."

10-10-2009, 8:45 AM
A few comments I left on his blog. Wanna bet he will moderate (read "delete") every single one of them?

# Transsylvania Phoenix Says: Your comment is awaiting moderation.
October 10, 2009 at 11:17 am

Homeowner Opens Fire on Burglar

ADAMS COUNTY, CO — Police are trying to find a man that has broken in twice to the same house, where the homeowner chased and shot at him.

On Oct. 2, the man tried breaking into Guy Sitzman’s home the second time and was caught him on tape.

Sitzman was watching security tapes from the previous hour in his computer room, when toward the end of the tape the system went back to “live” mode, and Sitzman noticed a man walking around the side of his house.

That’s when he saw the man leaving through his back door carrying a rifle and a pistol.

Despite his initial fear, Sitzman said he grabbed another gun and ran after him. “I ran out back and fired two shots off at him.”

The man dropped the items he stole from Sitzman’s house and took off.

During the first break-in, Sitzman and his wife were in bed and the man tried breaking in through Sitzman’s side window with a large hunting knife.

He was stole a computer, $200 and an iPod.

Detectives with the Adams County Sheriff Department are investigating the break-ins. They’re asking people not to take matter into their own hands and instead to call 911
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/usworld/news-article.aspx?storyid=146293&catid=6
October 10, 2009 at 11:19 am

Tucson police: Would-be robber shot by victim

A man suffered life-threatening wounds when he attempted to rob another man at a midtown car wash and was shot by the victim, Tucson police said.
The incident occurred at a self-service car wash on East 22nd Street near South Beverly Avenue just before 4:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Police said a 50-year-old man was at the car wash washing his vehicle when he was approached by an 18-year-old man.
The younger man pulled out a gun and attempted to rob the older man, police said.
The older man pulled out his own gun and shot the 18 year old.
The younger man ran away and got into a car that was being driven by another person. A short time later, the 18-year-old man showed up at a hospital with life-threatening wounds, police said.
The 50-year-old man was not injured.
He’s being questioned by police as is the driver of the car who took the wounded man to the hospital

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/hourlyupdate/312141.php
October 10, 2009 at 11:23 am

Neighbors back store owner
Chicago man killed in confrontation behind neighborhood market

A Chicago man suspected in an attempted armed robbery was shot and killed Thursday night in what Akron police are calling a confrontation with the owner of a neighborhood market at Raymond and Campbell streets.

Akron Police Lt. Rick Edwards said the store owner, Ali Ahmed, 59, had closed for the night and was walking to his vehicle in the rear parking lot at about 7:30 when the suspect approached.

There was an exchange of gunfire — witnesses reported seven or eight shots — and both men were hit, Edwards said.

Ahmed was taken by ambulance to Akron General Medical Center with wounds that were not life threatening, Edwards said.

A hospital official declined Friday to release any details about Ahmed’s condition.

Edwards, the department’s spokesman, identified the robbery suspect as Timothy Grant, 29, of Chicago’s west side. He said Grant died at 9:04 p.m. Thursday at Akron General from unspecified gunshot wounds.

According to police radio traffic moments after the shooting, one man was shot in the head and the other in the hand.

Grant’s mother, Sharon Grant, 50, said in a phone interview from her Chicago residence that her son was visiting an aunt in Barberton — his second trip there in the past year — and that
she talked to him by phone about noon Thursday.

She said he asked to be wired some money for a bus ride back home and that she was preparing to do that when hospital officials called and said her son was deceased.

The shooting was reported at 7:49 p.m.

Within minutes, at least eight patrol cars, a police van and two emergency vehicles were parked near the corner store, the Raymond Food Mart, 908 Raymond St., on the city’s near-west side.

Edwards said witnesses reported hearing a person yelling in the aftermath of the shooting and, possibly, a second robber running from the scene.

Responding officers recovered two handguns, Edwards said. Additional details about the guns were not available.

Edwards said the shooting remains under investigation.

He said he was not aware of any suspicion of wrongdoing by Ahmed.

There was a feeling of despair in the Raymond Street neighborhood Friday morning as neighbors worried about Ahmed’s welfare.

Several neighbors said he is a respected, hard-working businessman who did favors for many by cashing their checks and keeping his store stocked with family essentials.

Erick Williams, 46, a construction worker who lives in the neighborhood, said he awoke to news that it was Ahmed who had died in the shooting.

”He’s a real good guy and the people in the neighborhood really depend upon him. He’s open from morning till night every day of the year and we need him,” Williams said.

”Don’t get me wrong. I’m not happy anybody was killed. But I’m sure glad it wasn’t Ali who got killed,” he said ”He’s in there all day trying to make an honest living for his family. When you’re robbing somebody, you have to take the consequences.”

Ocie Priester, a 60-year-old who does interior remodeling, said Ahmed was aware of the dangers of owning such a store and took measures to protect himself.

Ahmed had a .44-caliber handgun, he said, and showed it to him once.

”He told me he’d been robbed before and he had to be ready for the next one,” Priester said. ”That guy wasn’t trying to rob Ali with no butter knife.”

Priester said he has known Ahmed as a respected businessman for at least 20 years.

He said Ahmed owned another store several blocks away, but the building was torn down about five years ago and Ahmed moved to his current location.

”Everybody really likes Ali, and we just call the store Ali’s. We don’t know it as anything else,” Priester said.

”It’s amazing how this little store keeps the neighborhood going. It’s got all the things you need to get through the day — a gallon of milk, cigarettes and stuff for the kids.

”He’s a good guy to everybody. I hate that the guy got killed,” Priester added, ”but when you have that kind of life you’re taking chances. If the shoe was on the other foot and Ali was dead, a lot of people would be affected.”

Summit County court records show Barberton police had a complaint about Grant involving a fugitive warrant from Illinois in March 2008.

Grant’s mother said he lived with her and his older brother on the second floor of a Chicago two-flat apartment. He graduated from Kaskaskia College, a community college near Centralia in south central Illinois, with a degree in construction management in 2005, she said.

”Nobody in this tragedy can say anything bad about him because he was loved by everybody,” Sharon Grant said.

He was divorced, she said, and had a son, now 9 years old, with a former wife.
http://www.ohio.com/news/63381637.html

10-10-2009, 8:45 AM
Hello Mr. Mike Licht. Welcome to Calguns! :D

October 10, 2009 at 11:25 am

Cops: 2 shot in home invasion face charges

HAVERSTRAW – Two village residents who police said were shot by the owner of a Warren Avenue home after they broke into the residence are in jail facing felony burglary and robbery charges.

Julio Urena, 17, and Juan Martinez, 25, pleaded not guilty to the charges Monday afternoon in Village Court. Haverstraw Village Justice Ronald DeCaprio set bail at $50,000 for each suspect.

Urena was shot in the buttock and Martinez was shot in the arm after a home on Warren Avenue was broken into shortly after 9 p.m. Sunday.

Both were treated at local hospitals and released to police custody.

The suspects appeared in court still wearing blue hospital robes. Martinez had his arm in a sling.

The two said little during their court appearance. Both requested Spanish translators.

Urena indicated that he was a student at North Rockland High School. Martinez said he worked at a local business.

Both said they lived with their families in the village.

The men were found hiding near a small chapel across the street from the house soon after the break-in was reported, Haverstraw police Capt. Martin Lund said.

The homeowner shot both suspects with a rifle, he said. No charges were brought against the homeowner. Permits are not required to own a rifle.

DeCaprio also granted an order of protection forbidding Urena and Martinez from having any contact with the victim.

It was unclear whether the victim and the two suspects knew each other.

More than 20 members of Urena’s family attended the hearing.

A man who said he was an uncle and declined to give his name said he and the rest of the family were shocked by the charges.

Martinez’s mother also attended the arraignment.

No one was home Monday afternoon at the yellow two-story house on a tiny street off Broadway, not far from the downtown business district.

Several neighbors said they didn’t hear any commotion during the incident Sunday night.

Other neighbors said there was tension on the street between some homeowners and more recent residents who rent homes.

Charlie Di Carlo, whose elderly aunt lives on the street, said he heard about the shooting and went to check on his aunt Monday morning.

“At one time this was a very nice neighborhood,” said Di Carlo, a Tomkins Cove resident whose family has owned a house on the street since the early 1900s.

“Then you start to get trouble like this.”

The owner of the home that was broken into had bought the property several years ago and was remodeling it, he said.

The homes on the street back onto the Hudson River. Di Carlo said members of his family have been tending the small Chapel of Maria Santissima Di Montevergine at the end of the block for more than 80 years.

http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009910060342
October 10, 2009 at 11:28 am

Sheriff: Revenge likely motive for fatal home invasion
Carlton L. Burgess

Halifax, N.C. — A New Jersey man who was shot and killed during a home invasion in Halifax Friday morning was likely seeking revenge for a two decade-old domestic dispute, according to Halifax County Sheriff Jeff Frazier.

The investigation is ongoing into details of the 1988 dispute between Marcel Alston, of Halifax, and Carlton L. Burgess, 61, of Lumberton, N.J. Frazier said.
“It’s baffling right now. We’ve got a lot of loose ends that we’ve got to try to tie up,” said Lt. Bobby Martin, with the Halifax County Sheriff’s Office.

Investigators said that a knock woke up Alston around 7 a.m. at his house at 5524 U.S. Highway 301, where he lives alone. When Alston opened the door, Burgess, who had a gun, began assaulting Alston.

Alston got away and was climbing up the stairs when Burgess fired, striking his victim in the buttocks, investigators said. Alston managed to get to his bedroom and got out a gun he kept there.

Burgess followed Alston into the bedroom, and Alston fatally shot him in the upper torso, according to investigators.

According to a 911 call, Alston went to a neighbor’s for help after the shootings.

In addition to a gunshot wound, Alston suffered a gash on the head. He was undergoing surgery at Halifax Regional Hospital Friday afternoon. His condition was stable, Frazier said.

Alston acknowledged his acquaintance with Burgess and said they hadn’t seen each other in several years.

Deputies were examining a white van with New Jersey license plate parked in front of Alston’s house that Burgess might have driven. Investigators were also searching a room at the Days Inn in Weldon where Burgess had checked in Wednesday.

Frazier said the killing appeared to be a case of self-defense. The Halifax County District Attorney’s Office has to decide whether charges will be filed.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6124241/
October 10, 2009 at 11:30 am

Plainfield resident shoots dog, stops attack on animal control officer

By EMILY GROVES

Plainfield Animal Control Officer Terry Foss was attacked by a “pit bull-type dog” late Tuesday night, according to Plainfield Police.

Foss was responding to a complaint at 270 Green Hollow Road, where, according to residents, the dog was preventing them from exiting their home.

On her arrival, the dog jumped at Foss, knocking her to the ground. Resident Ron Roberts fired “2 or 3 shots” from a .22 rifle at the dog, which police say yelped and ran away.

Foss was transported to The William W. Backus Hospital in Norwich for treatment of possible head injuries, She was transferred to Yale-New Haven Hospital in New Haven.

A hospital spokeswoman said Foss’ family has requested no information on Foss’s condition be released Wednesday morning.

The dog has not been found.

Police Chief Robert Hoffman said Roberts will not face charges from shooting at the dog. He said the department thanked Roberts for his action.

“It sounds like it could have been a lot worse had he not been there,” Hoffman said.

Anyone with information about the owner or the dog is urged to call Plainfield Police at 564-0804.

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/news/x593060375/Plainfield-resident-shoots-dog-stops-attack-on-animal-control-officer
October 10, 2009 at 11:31 am

74-year-old N.C. state senator shoots, wounds intruder at his home

By AP

Published: August 24, 2009

TABOR CITY, N.C. — A sheriff says a North Carolina state senator shot one of two intruders at his home and hospital officials say the man is in fair condition.

Multiple media outlets reported that Columbus County Sheriff Chris Batten said that 74-year-old Sen. R.C. Soles of Tabor City shot Kyle Blackburn late Sunday afternoon.

A spokeswoman at Loris Community Hospital in South Carolina said Monday that Blackburn was in fair condition.

Batten says the shooting occurred when two men went to the senator’s house and tried to kick in his front door. No charges have been filed.

The sheriff’s office said the State Bureau of Investigation was handling the case. A call to an agency spokeswoman was not immediately returned. There was no answer at a number listed for Soles’ home.

The Democrat has been in the Senate 32 years.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/national/article/74-year-old_n.c._state_senator_shoots_wounds_intruder_at_h is_home/287987/P10/
October 10, 2009 at 11:33 am

Northwest Houston, TX man shoots violent burglar in self defense

A Houston, TX man used his shotgun to defend himself against a burglar who rushed at him after emerging from a bedroom closet.

Police say that Mark Brown returned to his home on the 8500 block of Norton at about 9:30 AM, and heard an unusual noise that sounded like a burglar. Brown is said to have grabbed a shotgun from his bedroom. The burglar reportedly then jumped out of a bedroom closet and rushed towards him, causing Brown to fear for his safety. Brown fired in self defense, fatally wounding the intruder and saving himself, police say. Brown, who has lived on the same street for the last 50 years, was unharmed and is not expected to face any charges.

http://www.examiner.com/x-18149-SelfDefense-Examiner~y2009m10d5-Northwest-Houston-TX-man-shoots-violent-burglar-in-self-defense
October 10, 2009 at 11:36 am

Milford teen defends home from burglars with Airsoft pistol, shotgun, spotlight
By Jonathan Oosting | MLive.com

Josh Cichy, 13, arrived back at his Milford home Friday night just in time to scare off two would-be burglars.

“I walked down the hall and I saw two guys at the door and window,” Josh, home alone at the time, later told Fox 2.

A trained hunter and fan of the Military Channel, he ran to his bedroom to grab weapons.

As Josh tells it, he used a high-powered hunting spotlight to blind the intruders, shot one of them in the face with his Airsoft pistol and then used his 20-gauge shotgun to fire a warning shot in the air.

“I shot at the one dude,” he said. ” I think I got him right in the face — on the side.”

The quick thinking scared away the intruders, who were long gone by the time police arrived.

” I’m legal with all my stuff, Josh said. “I go hunting with my dad and friends. So, I know what to do.

“I wasn’t really scared, but at the end I was shaking because of my adrenalin I guess.”

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2009/10/milford_teen_defends_home_from.html

hoffmang
10-10-2009, 11:05 AM
I love people that brook no dissent. Sure makes them seem confident of their position doesn't it?

-Gene

lrdchivalry
10-10-2009, 12:03 PM
I posted a bunch of stories that showed guns being used in self-defense. We will see if he approves them for public viewing. I have a feeling he will delete them.

Update: Well he just deleted every story that I posted where someone used a gun in self defense.

B Strong
10-10-2009, 12:33 PM
I posted a bunch of stories that showed guns being used in self-defense. We will see if he approves them for public viewing. I have a feeling he will delete them.

Update: Well he just deleted every story that I posted where someone used a gun in self defense.

He just wants to read his own words without having to acknowledge that he may be incorrect or misinformed.

Chump.

10-10-2009, 2:39 PM
Here is what Mr. Licht emailed me

Re: comments on NotionsCapital.com

Mike Licht
to me

show details 9:58 AM (4 hours ago)

October 10, 2009

I'll post one of your items, which seems current - but August? no. I am merely going through the news day-by-day through this weekend and posting current articles on civilian handgun use.

ml

freonr22
10-10-2009, 2:51 PM
Comment made by me:

Nice how you edit out all the stories reported to YOU that dont meet your Agenda. Once they take our RIGHT to bear arms away, one of the next steps is censorship. How would you like it if your blog was taken down. Same thing

10-10-2009, 2:55 PM
Here is what I replied:

You are full of bull, mister. You find only 1 (one) article from August and use that as an argument to dismiss the rest of the article as being outdated? Guess what: all of the articles I posted are from October - minus the one you are using as a straw argument.
See for yourself:

Milford teen defends home from burglars with Airsoft pistol, shotgun, spotlight
By Jonathan Oosting | MLive.com
October 02, 2009, 7:07AM

Northwest Houston, TX man shoots violent burglar in self

October 10, 2009

Sheriff: Revenge likely motive for fatal home invasion

Posted: Oct. 2, 2009
Updated: Oct. 5, 2009

Cops: 2 shot in home invasion face charges

October 6, 2009

Neighbors back store owner

Chicago man killed in confrontation behind neighborhood market

Published on Saturday, Oct 03, 2009

Homeowner Opens Fire on Burglar

Carlton L. Burgess

Ann Butler Created: 10/7/2009 Updated: 10/7/2009 3:40:56 PM

I already knew anti-gun libs have a propensity for lying and distorting the evidence to fit their agenda but you dude...you are really pathetic.

It's been a displeasure to talk to you.
T.P.

hoffmang
10-10-2009, 3:02 PM
So lets find him some current self defense ones:

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/Vineland_Robbery_Murder_10_10_09

http://www.kbmt12.com/news/local/63854422.html

Clayton Cramer catalogs such things here: http://www.claytoncramer.com/gundefenseblog/blogger.html

-Gene

woodsman
10-10-2009, 3:43 PM
Well, we will see if he posts my comment containing this..

http://www.examiner.com/x-18149-SelfDefense-Examiner~y2009m7d26-Americans-use-a-gun-in-self-defense-every-13-seconds

hoffmang
10-10-2009, 3:47 PM
I posted all the Cramer posts in a similar format. I expect him to delete them since they are cognitively dissonant to his position.

-Gene

Nodda Duma
10-10-2009, 4:17 PM
I asked him why he's been deleting replies which point to use of firearms by law abiding citizens to defend themselves against thugs and criminals. Bet he ignores that, too.

-Jason

lrdchivalry
10-10-2009, 4:40 PM
Here is what Mr. Licht emailed me

He basically emailed me the same thing. Apparently if it didn't happen today it is not important.

He uses that as an excuse to avoid stories of people using guns for self-defense.

My response to his email was:

I noticed that you deleted all the posts I made showing people using guns in self-defense. What are you afraid of? Are you afraid that you will be shown to be a hypocrite and that guns are used more in self-defense then in crime?

http://saf.org/LawReviews/SouthwickJr1.htm (http://saf.org/LawReviews/SouthwickJr1.htm)

Recent stories of self-defense with guns

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/Bank_Manager_Pulls_Gun_on_Armed_Robber_100809 (http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/Bank_Manager_Pulls_Gun_on_Armed_Robber_100809)
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/usworld/news-article.aspx?storyid=146293&catid=6 (http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/usworld/news-article.aspx?storyid=146293&catid=6)
http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/hourlyupdate/312141.php (http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/hourlyupdate/312141.php)

These stories posted to your blog, however, I suspect they will get deleted as well.

M. Haven called you a hoplophobe and I believe he is right. My reason to believe that is due to the stories of people who used guns in self-defense that you asked for and were provided but chose to delete them.

D

hoffmang
10-10-2009, 5:33 PM
Woodsman's post made it. I put him in a pickle on my posts as they mirror his rules yet they're not up...

He'll delete them.

-Gene

SJgunguy24
10-10-2009, 5:49 PM
This dude is fricken lame. If you take him into space and show him the earth is round, he'll still say it's flat.

Kinda reminds me of a 4 year old plugging his ears with his fingers and yelling
while your trying to talk to him.

lrdchivalry
10-10-2009, 6:32 PM
Woodsman's post made it. I put him in a pickle on my posts as they mirror his rules yet they're not up...

He'll delete them.

-Gene

I am still waiting for him to approve the 14 article I posted but alas I know it will not happen since they still show as waiting for moderation and he continues to post negative gun stories.

Sleepy1988
10-10-2009, 7:10 PM
The second amendment means what it says, these ********** need to get that through their thick skulls. Don't like it? Move to another country.

woodsman
10-10-2009, 8:33 PM
His blog is not intended for debate. He wants to control the information to show just one side.

Those pro 2A and supporting the right of self-defense in D.C. should make their own blogs to counter this one sided agenda of his.

hoffmang
10-10-2009, 8:39 PM
We should all be quite proud. We pissed him off. He spent three hours surfing as hard as he could to prove to himself that his hopolophobia was real. I posted another comment to him that will never make it through but basically thanking him for being a sheep and responding to my posts with anger and censorship.

-Gene