PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Ruff for San Diego County Sheriff

RandyD
10-09-2009, 8:34 PM
I attended a fund raising dinner tonight and sat next to Bruce Ruff who is a candidate for San Diego County Sheriff. I was impressed with him. He has some very good ideas; too many to publish here at this time but for starters; He is in opposition to the federal government exercising unconstitutional powers. He wants to prosecute political fraud and corruption. He is against the City of San Diego giving sanctuary to illegal aliens. I directed the topic to the Second Amendment and he is clearly a proponent of concealed carry. During our conversation, he told me "I will issue a Bazillion concealed carry permits if elected. I will issue as many concealed carry permits as I possibly can." So there you have it; confirmation of good news.

I believe this man deserves our attention and support. I intend to assist him in his campaign and will be contacting him. I would like to write about more of our conversation but I had a beer, I was not taking notes, my wife was talking to me and it was hard to hear so, I'll report more when I can be certain that my written comments on this board are accurate.

bearing01
10-09-2009, 9:22 PM
Bruce Ruff for Sheriff.

... when can I apply for my CCW?

Fjold
10-09-2009, 9:28 PM
I would like to write about more of our conversation but I had a few beers, I was not taking notes, my wife was talking to me and it was hard to hear so, I'll report more when I can be certain that my written comments on this board are accurate.

No problem, perfectly understandable. Been there, suffered through that.

pullnshoot25
10-10-2009, 1:10 AM
He is an ******* that cares not for the Constitution nor his constituents.

jinggoyd1967
10-10-2009, 4:41 AM
Bruce Ruff, Jay Lauer, Jim Duffy-take your pick. Anyone but Bill Gore please.

randy
10-10-2009, 5:43 AM

Don't know the guy don't live in SD but I'm interested in why you say something like that and then don't follow up with an example.

I'm going to shoot 3 gun in Pala on Sunday the guys I shoot with are SDSD and Police. I'll ask them who they want and why then post.

loather
10-10-2009, 8:32 AM
Don't know the guy don't live in SD but I'm interested in why you say something like that and then don't follow up with an example.

It's in reference to a quote by Ruff, when asked questions about open carrying. The response to the question was along the lines of, "If I saw someone open carrying, I'd do them in an instant." He posts reference to it in another thread that I'm simply too lazy to look up at the moment :D

ETA: So I'm not too lazy to look it up. :) http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=3063734&postcount=11

pullnshoot25
10-10-2009, 9:08 AM
I wrote about it in my blog...

http://caopencarry.blogspot.com/2009/04/ruff-time.html

Part of the conversation is in this audio...

https://pullnshoot25.sugarsync.com/getfiles/bgmstnn44zpfi

Everything that I have written down can be verified in its entirety by...

1) Lincoln Pickard
2) NoHammer
3) KylaGWolf
4) The Nomadd
5) Macadelic4
6) Macadelic4's roommate, Victor.
7) Flintlock Tom

The man is a monumental tool and can only be likened to a Gestapo agent. I have seen better law enforcement officers in Mexico, if you can believe that.

pullnshoot25
10-10-2009, 9:17 AM

I'm going to shoot 3 gun in Pala on Sunday the guys I shoot with are SDSD and Police. I'll ask them who they want and why then post.

Sorry, I forget that sometimes what I know isn't common knowledge.

GuyW
10-10-2009, 5:26 PM
Jay La Suer for Sheriff....

GuyW
10-10-2009, 5:29 PM
The man is a monumental tool and can only be likened to a Gestapo agent.

Well, to be fair he can't hold a candle to Gore in those 2 categories....

pullnshoot25
10-10-2009, 6:02 PM
I keep waiting for the commentary on this but I get none. SOMEONE has to have an opinion on this!

Once A Marine
10-10-2009, 6:05 PM

+1.

RandyD
10-11-2009, 6:08 PM

To Pullnshoot25,

I have read your posts, your website, interviews and many of your prior posts on the topic of open carry. I previously recall others who are prominent Second Amendment advocates submitting posts encouraging you to stop holding open carry events, but you ignored their requests and subsequently held an open carry demonstration. I have also read Bruce Ruff’s entire website, and have communicated with him on this topic and below are some of my comments and observations.

Your allegations that Bruce Ruff does not care about the constitution or his constituents are baseless and unsupported by what you posted on your website. In my opinion, he is the strongest supporter of the Second Amendment of any of the candidates running for Sheriff. If you would devote your resources to getting him elected, you may be able to carry a concealed firearm instead of having to engage in demonstrations of openly carrying firearms. Further he is the only candidate for Sheriff who has actually worked as a Deputy Sheriff in the County of San Diego.

As I recall from previous posts you are a college student living in your parents’ home, and in contrast Bruce Ruff is a retired law enforcement officer with more than 30 years service who has also successfully raised his family and is reentering law enforcement due to the lack of leadership in the Sheriff’s Department. He was protecting this community before you were ever born. My comments are not intended to be critical of you, because we were all young once and many have been in your current situation. Instead my comments are intended to illustrate the differences in life experience between you and Bruce Ruff. You are entitled to your opinions, but your lack of life experience has to be considered in weighing your opinions and defamatory name calling of Bruce Ruff.

Earlier in this thread you wrote; “I keep waiting for the commentary on this but I get none. SOMEONE has to have an opinion on this!” You are clearly looking for validation, and your previous writings and articles in which you have given interviews also support that you like to draw attention to yourself. In conducting your open carry demonstrations, you have clearly indicated that you anticipated law enforcement to contact you. When a law enforcement agency receives a call regarding persons with firearms, that situation becomes a priority and detracts from other incidents deserving attention. It hinders the law enforcement agency from doing its duty of protecting the citizens of this county, just so you can obtain the attention you are desiring.

Bruce Ruff informed me that the meeting at Denny’s in Clairemont, which is the event you wrote about on your website, that you were openly carrying a 12 gauge shotgun slung over your shoulder. You failed to even mention that fact in your posts or on your website. I question your judgment in deciding to walk around our community carrying a shotgun and then enter a restaurant with it. If I were sitting in that restaurant with my wife and daughter and saw a man walk up to or in the restaurant with a firearm, I would have been extremely concerned for my family’s safety, and would done everything in my power to immediately get them out of the building via the back door. Such a reaction is reasonable given the fact that is what Huberty did at the McDonalds in San Ysidro before he wounded or killed 40+ people. Is this the reaction you want from your fellow citizens?

It appears that Bruce Ruff has drawn your ire because he did not join your fan club, and it is not a surprise that you and Bruce Ruff did not become instant friends when you showed up at an event carrying a shotgun. With budget cuts, law enforcement agencies are being stretched thinner than they should and now they have to drop what they are doing to investigate your activities. You may think this is harmless but it is not. Many citizens do not receive the services they should from law enforcement due to the lack of resources and you are intentionally engaging in activities that lessen law enforcement’s ability to provide services. I have also noted in your interviews that you are baiting these law enforcement officers when they contact you with hopes that they violate your civil rights so you can then file a lawsuit. Given all of this, I question what your true motive is for openly carrying a firearm.

Sincerely,

Randy Dierlam

Once A Marine
10-11-2009, 6:29 PM
In my opinion, he is the strongest supporter of the Second Amendment of any of the candidates running for Sheriff. If you would devote your resources to getting him elected, you may be able to carry a concealed firearm instead of having to engage in demonstrations of openly carrying firearms.

Do you have anything to back this up? His website says nothing of 2nd amendment rights - what is his stance on CCW and other 2nd Amendment stuff, and where is it documented?

Further he is the only candidate for Sheriff who has actually worked as a Deputy Sheriff in the County of San Diego.

You need to check your facts on this one.

GuyW
10-11-2009, 6:35 PM
Randy, you are entitled to your opinions. However, your facts are way off.

Further he is the only candidate for Sheriff who has actually worked as a Deputy Sheriff in the County of San Diego.

Jay La Suer joined the San Diego Police Department in 1961. In 1967 Jay resigned from the San Diego Police Department to attend San Diego State University. He received a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Public Administration in 1969. He joined the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department in 1970. He advanced through the ranks of Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain and ultimately obtained the rank of Undersheriff.

And for the record - Duffy also worked many years as a Deputy Sheriff.

Only Herr Gore was never a peace officer or Deputy Sheriff.

In my opinion, he is the strongest supporter of the Second Amendment of any of the candidates running for Sheriff.

Yes, your opinion.

"Many elected officials seem to have forgotten that when they took their oath of office they swore to uphold, defend and protect the Constitution of the United States. The last time I read the U.S. Constitution, it still contained the Bill of Rights, including the 2nd Amendment. These same elected officials also seem to have forgotten that when this nation declared its independence, the founding fathers stated that our creator gave us certain inalienable rights, among them life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness; which I believe includes citizen’s and their family’s safety.

There are many other elected officials who act as though they believe only they are trustworthy and law abiding citizens; that law abiding citizens must look to them for their quality of life and their protection from violence. In other words, these elected officials do not trust those law abiding citizens, the very people who built this nation, and whose sons, daughters, husbands and wives have served in our armed forces to guarantee the freedoms and rights our founding fathers intended for all citizens, past, present and future to hold and enjoy.

Law enforcement will admit that even if a law enforcement officer was assigned to every city block and every rural area, they could not guarantee the safety of those they are sworn to protect and serve.

Currently, 40 states have “Right to Carry” laws (RTC) and 36 states have “Shall Issue” laws pertaining to the right of their law abiding citizens to have Concealed Carry Permits (CCW). Many predicted enactment of such laws would cause violence and crime to soar. This has not been the case. States where “Shall Issue” laws exist follow certain criteria which must be met prior to issuing such permits. Persons not eligible for the license include, but are not limited to the following:

•Convicted felons.
•Persons who have had restraining orders issued against them.
•Minors.
•Persons with mental illness and/or psychological problems that would prohibit them from functioning without medication.
•Persons who have been convicted of the manufacture, sales or distribution of illegal substance(s).
•Those who have a history of numerous encounters with law enforcement.
•Plus a few others.

Those who apply for a concealed carry permit must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the laws pertaining to the use of lethal force and competency with their firearm. And, they must pass a law enforcement background check to verify the statements contained within their application.

Once the above criteria have been met, the applicant must be issued the permit. The issuance is based on these criteria and these criteria only, not on the whim of some bureaucrat. There are also rules which must be adhered to by those persons who have qualified for and obtained a CCW permit. For example, if a person who has been issued a CCW permit is arrested and convicted for driving under the influence (DUI), that persons permit, is immediately revoked.

Many “Politically Correct” officials will raise the shrill alarm that such action is nothing less than creating an armed camp in our neighborhoods. But historically this is an untrue belief with no basis in fact.

I believe we should glean the knowledge and experience from the thirty-six states with “Shall Issue’ laws and follow suit. The history of the thirty-six “Shall Issue” states proves that issuance of CCW permits helps protect citizens and actually prevents crime. In my over thirty years of law enforcement experience, I have encountered many individuals with concealed carry permits. I have never had a bad experience with any of these citizens. I have, however, arrested numerous criminals illegally carrying concealed firearms. None of the criminals would have been eligible to legally carry a concealed firearm – their only purpose was to prey on law abiding citizens who had not been granted the right to carry a concealed firearm."

-Jay La Suer-

Maybe you should ask yourself why almost all San Diego gun activists and aware gun owners are supporting Jay La Suer for Sheriff?

RandyD
10-11-2009, 7:03 PM
Do you have anything to back this up? His website says nothing of 2nd amendment rights - what is his stance on CCW and other 2nd Amendment stuff, and where is it documented?

You need to check your facts on this one.

My conversation with him on Friday evening was mostly about the Second Amendment issues. My opening post in this thread quotes him on his stance on issuing CCW permits.

RandyD
10-11-2009, 7:07 PM
Randy, you are entitled to your opinions. However, your facts are way off.

Jay La Suer joined the San Diego Police Department in 1961. In 1967 Jay resigned from the San Diego Police Department to attend San Diego State University. He received a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Public Administration in 1969. He joined the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department in 1970. He advanced through the ranks of Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain and ultimately obtained the rank of Undersheriff.

And for the record - Duffy also worked many years as a Deputy Sheriff.

Only Herr Gore was never a peace officer or Deputy Sheriff.

I stand corrected

Once A Marine
10-11-2009, 7:18 PM
My conversation with him on Friday evening was mostly about the Second Amendment issues. My opening post in this thread quotes him on his stance on issuing CCW permits.

Third party information. Where is it documented coming from his mouth, in a public forum?

I hope what you say is true - then we have 2 candidates that could come through for us. But in my book, Jay LaSuer is the only one on record to have commented positively on 2nd amendment/CCW stuff.

The Nomadd
10-11-2009, 7:51 PM
Hey Randy, hate to break it to you, but Pullnshoot is right on the money: Ruff is a douchbag. YOU weren't there that night, at that meeting. The comment that he would "DO" anyone he saw open carrying IS true. Ruff actually said that TO Pullnshoot, and there were numerous Calguns members, including myself, who were there and witnessed it. The man is a belligerent a-hole, who at the beginning of the night, probably had everyone in that room willing to vote for him. After that comment, and several others, he pretty much lost any support he had from the people in attendance. Oh yeah, the guy comes across as your typical slimy politician, looking to be elected. I'm actually ashamed to addmit that I voted for him the first time he ran for office. Not again.
And commenting on Nate's being young and a college student is irrelevant in regards to his opinions about Ruff. Ruff's actions and behavior that night is what shaped Nate's, and many other people including my self's, opinion of him.

pullnshoot25
10-11-2009, 8:09 PM
To Pullnshoot25,

I have read your posts, your website, interviews and many of your prior posts on the topic of open carry. I previously recall others who are prominent Second Amendment advocates submitting posts encouraging you to stop holding open carry events, but you ignored their requests and subsequently held an open carry demonstration. I have also read Bruce Ruff’s entire website, and have communicated with him on this topic and below are some of my comments and observations.

Good start.

Your allegations that Bruce Ruff does not care about the constitution or his constituents are baseless and unsupported by what you posted on your website. In my opinion, he is the strongest supporter of the Second Amendment of any of the candidates running for Sheriff. If you would devote your resources to getting him elected, you may be able to carry a concealed firearm instead of having to engage in demonstrations of openly carrying firearms. Further he is the only candidate for Sheriff who has actually worked as a Deputy Sheriff in the County of San Diego.

1) He is not the strongest supporter of the Second Amendment, especially when he threatened me with homicide if he ever saw me open carrying on the street, in addition to stating that we should all submit to a taxed privilege. No thanks.

2) I have him ON RECORD and WITH *MULTIPLE* WITNESSES stating that he does not care about a few of the amendments (1/2/4/5 come to mind). If you read my story on it, you could clearly see that. Take another read, I think you missed a bunch of details.

As I recall from previous posts you are a college student living in your parents’ home, and in contrast Bruce Ruff is a retired law enforcement officer with more than 30 years service who has also successfully raised his family and is reentering law enforcement due to the lack of leadership in the Sheriff’s Department. He was protecting this community before you were ever born. My comments are not intended to be critical of you, because we were all young once and many have been in your current situation. Instead my comments are intended to illustrate the differences in life experience between you and Bruce Ruff. You are entitled to your opinions, but your lack of life experience has to be considered in weighing your opinions and defamatory name calling of Bruce Ruff.

1) I pay rent. Plus I made/saved my parents over 100K so I have more than paid my way. No, they didn't switch to Geico.

2) Bruce Ruff is a government agent and is therefore exempt from knowing the law in its entirety. I am a citizen and I must know the law in its entirety, especially when I deal with (on a regular basis, no less) mentally substandard cops. Regardless of how old Bruce Ruff is or how much experience he has, it does not mean that he is better than me or knows better than me. That can be clearly seen when he ADVOCATED USING HIS POLICE POWERS TO BREAK THE LAW IN FRONT OF MULTIPLE WITNESSES! If you don't believe me, just ask the witnesses. Here is a list for you to check out.

1) NoHammer
2) KylaGWolf
3) TheNomadd
4) Macadelic4
5) Flintlock Tom
6) Macadelic4's roomie, Victor (no screen name, though I am certain he can pop on and write a commentary)
7) Lincoln Pickard

Earlier in this thread you wrote; “I keep waiting for the commentary on this but I get none. SOMEONE has to have an opinion on this!” You are clearly looking for validation, and your previous writings and articles in which you have given interviews also support that you like to draw attention to yourself. In conducting your open carry demonstrations, you have clearly indicated that you anticipated law enforcement to contact you. When a law enforcement agency receives a call regarding persons with firearms, that situation becomes a priority and detracts from other incidents deserving attention. It hinders the law enforcement agency from doing its duty of protecting the citizens of this county, just so you can obtain the attention you are desiring.

1) I don't need (emotional) validation when I have (physical) facts. I was merely interested in people's take on it (especially since that one guy asked why I didn't post my facts, even when I already did) and I got the commentary that I needed (in the form of your fairly well-written yet severely inaccurate post)

2) I never sought media attention. They came to me. In addition, they were coordinated with other Calgunners to make sure they were kosher. You know not of what you speak.

3) Of course I anticipate law enforcement contact, that is why I carry a voice recorder. It isn't my fault they choose to voluntarily enforce an inherently illegal (yet currently unchallengeable) piece of the law. I didn't ask them to come out and break the laws, they chose to do that. Also, they are not legally required to respond to those calls.

(In fact, Bruce Ruff made a very clear statement about that very facet of the law. You should ask KylaGWolf about it, she has a GREAT story to impart. Possibly the only thing he got right the entire night)

4) I do what I do, in part, to get a bunch of closet gun owners out of their proverbial closets and interested in the sport and the fight for our rights, in addition to all of my other goals. A lot of gun owners are afraid to say and do anything for fear of backlash. By doing what I do, I help break A LOT of ice and get people talking. You wouldn't believe the stories that people tell me and the interest that they have in knowing that we have at least SOMETHING in this state, no matter how bastardized and arcane that it may be.

Bruce Ruff informed me that the meeting at Denny’s in Clairemont, which is the event you wrote about on your website, that you were openly carrying a 12 gauge shotgun slung over your shoulder. You failed to even mention that fact in your posts or on your website. I question your judgment in deciding to walk around our community carrying a shotgun and then enter a restaurant with it. If I were sitting in that restaurant with my wife and daughter and saw a man walk up to or in the restaurant with a firearm, I would have been extremely concerned for my family’s safety, and would done everything in my power to immediately get them out of the building via the back door. Such a reaction is reasonable given the fact that is what Huberty did at the McDonalds in San Ysidro before he wounded or killed 40+ people. Is this the reaction you want from your fellow citizens?

1) I carried the gun in concealed. That is legal. I unveiled it when we were in our PRIVATE room. However, I carried it out like a normal human being and I got a bunch of smiles from the help there. It may actually get me a phone number sometime with it being a Freudian phallic extension and all.

2) I did not fail to mention it. I removed it at a later date due to some concerns. In any case, it is mentioned in the audio recording. Good job on that.

3) It is legal to carry a long gun in California and if I am not doing anything wrong then you should not be concerned. Overall, I find your tepid emotions and hypersensitive hoplophobia to be a misplaced on a GUN forum.

4) The reason that 40 people were killed that day is because the state decided not to allow us lowly peons to be armed while enabling police officers to turn a blind eye whenever they feel like it, a trend that I have been fighting.

It appears that Bruce Ruff has drawn your ire because he did not join your fan club, and it is not a surprise that you and Bruce Ruff did not become instant friends when you showed up at an event carrying a shotgun. With budget cuts, law enforcement agencies are being stretched thinner than they should and now they have to drop what they are doing to investigate your activities. You may think this is harmless but it is not. Many citizens do not receive the services they should from law enforcement due to the lack of resources and you are intentionally engaging in activities that lessen law enforcement’s ability to provide services. I have also noted in your interviews that you are baiting these law enforcement officers when they contact you with hopes that they violate your civil rights so you can then file a lawsuit. Given all of this, I question what your true motive is for openly carrying a firearm.

1) Ruff drew my ire when he threatened to murder me, said he could violate the Constitution and SCOTUS precedents on a mere whim and stated that OCing would incite automatic gunfire from our friends south of the border, THEN saying (after I left) that that lame Escondido cop was justified in turning off my voice recorder.

(I'm sorry, I am forgetting which part of the Constitution Ruff dislikes the most...)

2) I was invited to give a talk at this event and was urged to bring my gun. Considering the proximity to a schoolzone, I felt it would be OK to pack a long gun. Again, it was legal and even your idol Ruff said that he "didn't care." Perhaps you should take a queue from him, eh?

3) I have MUCH better things to do than bait police officers. Even if I ever did bait these officers, I have never asked them to break the law. That is their own damn fault for not upholding the laws they swore to uphold. For instance, I've never begged cops to turn off my voice recorder or empty my pockets, they did that on their own.

If you can point me to where I baited these officers I would greatly appreciate it. The last I checked I can't remember when I last crammed a copy of the Constitution into a donut.

4) You don't even have to question my motives, as I listed them quite clearly in my first blog post. Take a read, the link is in my sig line.

Sincerely,

Randy Dierlam

AIB

pullnshoot25
10-11-2009, 8:09 PM
Should you or anyone else have any emphatic arguments aimed at the creation of FUD to help foster the growth of our current police state, feel free to drop on by.

CARRY ON!

-N8

U2BassAce
10-11-2009, 8:17 PM

;) +10000

pullnshoot25
10-11-2009, 8:36 PM
One last thing that I just noticed in your post, RandyD... there hasn't been an open carry demonstration (with me coordinating or carrying) since June. In fact, I have only OC'd to gun shops (friendly territory, save SoCalGuns) since July.

Thanks for your antiquated, baseless, unfounded, fictitious, fabricated, imaginary and otherwise hallucinated concerns!

sevensix2x51
10-11-2009, 8:44 PM
+1 for laSuer

SanSacto
10-11-2009, 8:51 PM
+1 for laSuer

Yup.

Ron-Solo
10-11-2009, 9:08 PM
As someone who works for a large Sheriff's Department who has to work for someone that is elected, I hope you look at ALL the issues before deciding who to vote for.

There is much more to running a Sheriff's Department than issuing CCW permits.

While I totally agree that change needs to be made in the way CCW permits are issued, that should not be the SOLE reason for voting someone into an important position as Sheriff.

PLEASE, look at all the issues. A man can RUN a department, or RUIN a department.

Dr. Peter Venkman
10-11-2009, 9:12 PM
PullnShoot open carried a shotgun at a Dennys? What?

pullnshoot25
10-11-2009, 9:15 PM
PullnShoot open carried a shotgun at a Dennys? What?

Oh, the insanity of it all! What was I thinking!

Dr. Peter Venkman
10-11-2009, 9:19 PM

You tell me!

sevensix2x51
10-11-2009, 9:19 PM
You tell me...

where to sign up!

HondaMasterTech
10-11-2009, 9:21 PM
As someone who works for a large Sheriff's Department who has to work for someone that is elected, I hope you look at ALL the issues before deciding who to vote for.

While I totally agree that change needs to be made in the way CCW permits are issued, that should not be the SOLE reason for voting someone into an important position as Sheriff.

PLEASE, look at all the issues. A man can RUN a department, or RUIN a department.

A sheriff has the power to allow or disallow you the tools to protect your life. What is more important than that?

A sheriff could be elected on other issues if the sheriff wansn't the discretionary authority in this matter.

Dr Rockso
10-11-2009, 9:21 PM

No, seriously dude...that sounds a little :nuts:

How do you CC a 12 gauge anyway? IWB?

HondaMasterTech
10-11-2009, 9:25 PM

Shirt sleeve. With mittens.

pullnshoot25
10-11-2009, 9:29 PM

1) No, its not nuts. It was an open carry talk and I brought a shotgun instead of my handgun. Big whoop.

2) Its a shotgun dude, you just throw a coat on it or shove it in a case.

3) IWB? You tempt me, good sir!

All this internet gasping is making me want to get ice cream at the local feed store across from the local PD while packing my levergun. Then I would actually be (apparently) "BAITING" officers into action, as RandyD alleges that I have done in the past. I mean, what cop can't resist breaking the law by harassing an ice cream consuming gun owner that is committing no crime?

Dr. Peter Venkman
10-11-2009, 9:33 PM
Sometimes I wish "discretion" was listed as a right. Maybe more people would be likely to use it.

pullnshoot25
10-11-2009, 9:39 PM
Sometimes I wish "discretion" was listed as a right. Maybe more people would be likely to use it.

Are you sure you are an American and not a Socialist of some sort?

Sheriff's have a "right" to "discretion" right now and look where that has put us.

No thanks!

wildhawker
10-11-2009, 9:40 PM
Honda, shall-issue is coming- what happens when GC doesn't matter and carry permits are a non-issue? Sheriffs should be elected (esp now) on their ability to effectively and efficiently run a dept, which is what (I believe) Ron-Solo was trying to convey.

With all the "education" coming through the courts, CGN and SDOC, I doubt it's very long before SD area LE gets wise to constitutional rights and protections.

berto
10-11-2009, 9:41 PM

Sheriff's have a "right" to "discretion" right now and look where that has put us.

No thanks!

Step back from the keyboard dude, we're all on the same team.

pullnshoot25
10-11-2009, 9:43 PM
Honda, shall-issue is coming- what happens when GC doesn't matter and carry permits are a non-issue? Sheriffs should be elected (esp now) on their ability to effectively and efficiently run a dept, which is what (I believe) Ron-Solo was trying to convey.

With all the "education" coming through the courts, CGN and SDOC, I doubt it's very long before SD area LE gets wise to constitutional rights and protections.

Or better yet, even WISER to the same crap that police officers have had 20-40 years to become proficient in... you know, Terry, Lawson, Hiibel, FL v JL, etc.

HondaMasterTech
10-11-2009, 9:45 PM

An old wise man once told me, "$#!7 happens!" I'm glad at your confidence. And, you're probably right about shall-issue.

But, my point is that I understand if someone votes for a sheriff based solely on CCW issuance policy. It shouldn't have to be that way.

Dr. Peter Venkman
10-11-2009, 9:49 PM

No thanks!

:rolleyes:

Ron-Solo
10-11-2009, 10:30 PM

That's exactly what I was trying to say.

CCW is so screwed up right now and needs some serious change. I've been in LE for 31 years and can't get one for my wife of 29 years, even though my life has been threatened more times than I can count. I can protect myself. I can only protect my family when I'm with them. There's something wrong there, just like it is wrong for law abiding individuals to be unable to protect themselves when necessary.

My point was, there are so many issues facing law enforcement right now that CCW is only a small portion of the big picture.

I believe that we should be a shall issue state for law abiding individuals. Period.

Aloha,

Ron

HondaMasterTech
10-11-2009, 10:34 PM
And, my statement still stands. There is nothing in the world more important to a person who is standing face to face with someone who wants to destroy their family than having the tools to stop that from happening. I realize there are many important issues that a sheriff deals with and it IS important that the sheriff has the capacity to deal with them. However, our lives are in our own hands. Please don't misunderstand what I'm trying to say.

Ron-Solo
10-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Honda,

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but to me your post sounds like you would vote for someone you know who would run a Department into the ground (Like some around here) just because he/she is willing to grant CCWs. If your Sheriff's Department is destroyed from within, your CCW isn't going to be worth it in the long run.

Aloha,

Ron

HondaMasterTech
10-11-2009, 11:45 PM
We can probably agree that there are LOTS of problems that need to be resolved. But, no, I am not saying we should have a sheriff that gives out CCW and runs a department bankrupt or worse. That is not what I am saying.

Once A Marine
10-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Honda,

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but to me your post sounds like you would vote for someone you know who would run a Department into the ground (Like some around here) just because he/she is willing to grant CCWs. If your Sheriff's Department is destroyed from within, your CCW isn't going to be worth it in the long run.

Aloha,

Ron

I'd like to know who it is that you are insinuating will run the Dept. into the ground :detective:

robitrocks
10-12-2009, 5:43 AM
I'd like to know who it is that you are insinuating will run the Dept. into the ground :detective:

+1 :)

Bill_in_SD
10-12-2009, 7:32 AM
I personally like Jay La Suer for Sheriff since he has been on both sides of the fence. As budgets are being cut, I believe that a politician is needed for this political office. At the same time, he also has local LEO experience that is valuable for the day-to-day organizational challenges of the Sheriff's Department.

Gore is only out for him self, and I think the others lack the political experience to be effective in that environment.

pullnshoot25
10-12-2009, 7:44 AM
I'm still waiting for RandyD's rebuttal. Also, a name of who will ruin SDPD any more than it is.

RandyD
10-12-2009, 8:47 AM
1) Ruff drew my ire when he threatened to murder me, said he could violate the Constitution and SCOTUS precedents on a mere whim and stated that OCing would incite automatic gunfire from our friends south of the border, THEN saying (after I left) that that lame Escondido cop was justified in turning off my voice recorder.

I don't believe that a he threaten to murder you or any of the other allegations quoted above. Did you report this crime? Since you had a tape recorder, why don't you post a transcript of what was actually stated.

GuyW
10-12-2009, 8:53 AM
I don't believe that a he threaten to murder you or any of the other allegations quoted above. Did you report this crime? Since you had a tape recorder, why don't you post a transcript of what was actually stated.

Several individuals present at that exchange have already verified the incident in various CalGuns posts. I'm satisfied that Ruff said he would shoot an OCer on sight, without any other negative factors involved. That is so highly illegal (and immoral) that one can justifiably compare it to murder.

You've been misled - but only you can decide to stop drinking the Ruffaid....

grammaton76
10-12-2009, 9:33 AM
I'll tell you my biggest concern in the SD Sheriff's race.

We have THREE pro-CCW candidates and ONE incumbent.

If we had ONE pro-CCW candidate, I would be much less worried. I'd really like to see at least one of them drop out rather than split the vote and let Gore win by default.

pullnshoot25
10-12-2009, 12:11 PM

1) Stating rather explicitly that he would "do me and be completely justified" if he were to see me walking down the street with a gun on my hip with no other extraneous circumstances present (read: NO CRIME BEING COMMITTED!), then that is a threat of murder. Even worse, it is a threat of murder by a GOVERNMENT AGENT... you know, the same people that are apparently supposed to "protect the community?"

2) I only recorded part of what Ruff said (towards the very end) because I honestly did not know that incompetent codger was going to open his Fascist perogie hole and spew forth such wonderfully classless interpretations of the Constitution. In fact, I didn't even know that clown was going to be there, as I was informed that it was Bruce Colodny that was going to give some legal guidance on the OC matter.

3) Like I have said before, you can ask ANY of the people on the list about what he said that night. He DID say it and he DID advocate for abusing citizens with police power. You can curl up with whatever pipe you like to puff to keep your pipe dream going, but that doesn't make reality any less real.

For the record, TheNomadd has already posted his testimony. I will message the others for you just so you can see what gullible sheep you have proven yourself to be.

Macadelic4
10-12-2009, 1:19 PM

The recording wasn't of very good quality/recorder was off at the time (pullnshoot can elaborate). Aside from this issue, Ruff had demonstrated a very severe lack of understanding when it comes to case law (mostly 4A-related instead of 2A) which is enough to have me not vote for him. Jay La Suer is by far a favorite for a very good reason.

Several individuals present at that exchange have already verified the incident in various CalGuns posts. I'm satisfied that Ruff said he would shoot an OCer on sight, without any other negative factors involved.

+1 to this. Or, RandyD, you can call all of us liars and keep sipping the Ruffaid.

grammaton76
10-12-2009, 1:25 PM
1) Stating rather explicitly that he would "do me and be completely justified" if he were to see me walking down the street with a gun on my hip with no other extraneous circumstances present (read: NO CRIME BEING COMMITTED!), then that is a threat of murder. Even worse, it is a threat of murder by a GOVERNMENT AGENT... you know, the same people that are apparently supposed to "protect the community?"

I think you meant exigent circumstances?

pullnshoot25
10-12-2009, 1:37 PM
Yeah, that too.

RandyD
10-12-2009, 2:46 PM
Several individuals present at that exchange have already verified the incident in various CalGuns posts. I'm satisfied that Ruff said he would shoot an OCer on sight, without any other negative factors involved. That is so highly illegal (and immoral) that one can justifiably compare it to murder.

You've been misled - but only you can decide to stop drinking the Ruffaid....

The statement that pullnshoot attributes to Bruce Huff is ambigious at best and is not a clear expression of an intent to commit murder. I do not know pullnshoot or any of his friends that heard the comment, and given those simple but important facts, I have elected to tentatively not believe the statement until I am persuaded otherwise.

In my previous post, I asked if a police report was made. Apparently it was not because my question went unanswered, which supports my tentative position that he had no reasonable fear that his life was being threatened.

In response to the alleged death threat, I simply asked for a transcript of what was said so I could determine for myself the context of the conversation and judge for myself the intent and meaning of what was said. Prior to my request, pullnshoot said he had recorded the conversation. After I requested a transcript, then the story changes to the recorder not being on when the comment was made. Hmmmm

In response to your comment that I have been mislead, the only information that I have relied upon is contained in this thread and the attached links to which I referenced in my post, so if you think I have been mislead, then please state what I read is false or what I said is false.

Your characterization of me drinking Koolaid is an old debating tactic known as an ad hominem attack. Its purpose is not to persuade me but to persuade the audience. It is a weak attempt that lacks substance.

FS00008
10-12-2009, 2:55 PM
RandyD, You're wrong. Sorry.

RandyD
10-12-2009, 2:56 PM

2) I only recorded part of what Ruff said (towards the very end) because I honestly did not know that incompetent codger was going to open his Fascist perogie hole and spew forth such wonderfully classless interpretations of the Constitution. In fact, I didn't even know that clown was going to be there, as I was informed that it was Bruce Colodny that was going to give some legal guidance on the OC matter.

3) Like I have said before, you can ask ANY of the people on the list about what he said that night. He DID say it and he DID advocate for abusing citizens with police power. You can curl up with whatever pipe you like to puff to keep your pipe dream going, but that doesn't make reality any less real.

For the record, TheNomadd has already posted his testimony. I will message the others for you just so you can see what gullible sheep you have proven yourself to be.

All you have accomplished with the above quoted post is restate what you previously stated. You have not provided any context as to what was being discussed, who was present, the tone of the conversation ect.

reidnez
10-12-2009, 2:59 PM

If we had ONE pro-CCW candidate, I would be much less worried. I'd really like to see at least one of them drop out rather than split the vote and let Gore win by default.

At least someone is challenging him. I can't stand seeing elected officials running unopposed. It shows terrible voter apathy :(

pullnshoot25
10-12-2009, 3:33 PM
If you cannot see what is directly in front of you, then I cannot help you. I have not lied nor misrepresented anything.

However, for the sake of the community, I will try to help you one last time once I get back to an actual computer.

pullnshoot25
10-12-2009, 4:26 PM
The statement that pullnshoot attributes to Bruce Huff is ambigious at best and is not a clear expression of an intent to commit murder. I do not know pullnshoot or any of his friends that heard the comment, and given those simple but important facts, I have elected to tentatively not believe the statement until I am persuaded otherwise.

1) It is not ambiguous. He very clearly stated that if he were to see me walking down the street with a gun on my hip that he would waste me. Can't get much clearer than that. That is before all his statements about his will to violate the 1/4/5 amendments.

2) You don't know Bruce Ruff either yet you choose to believe him. Why should you believe one cop (or former cop), a person whose profession has been responsible for MILLIONS of deaths (worldwide) and widespread corruption when there are 6+ citizens (and many more) that can testify to his words?

In my previous post, I asked if a police report was made. Apparently it was not because my question went unanswered, which supports my tentative position that he had no reasonable fear that his life was being threatened.

[B]1) It was not reasonable to make a police report for several reasons. One of them being that this vomitous mass (er, man) is a cop (or at least a former cop) and cops cover for cops all the time. The other reason I didn't make a police complaint over this is because I was under no immediate threat, just a future threat in the scope of him being on duty or in some theoretical setting. Regardless, the words did exit his mouth.

In response to the alleged death threat, I simply asked for a transcript of what was said so I could determine for myself the context of the conversation and judge for myself the intent and meaning of what was said. Prior to my request, pullnshoot said he had recorded the conversation. After I requested a transcript, then the story changes to the recorder not being on when the comment was made. Hmmmm

1) I believe that I told you that I did not have my recorder on for most of the debate with Ruff as I didn't think about it until the last 20 minutes or so. Kind of like when I made this statement a few posts back....

About 75 percent of the meeting was spent with me talking about open carry. Hindsight being 20/20, I will never go to a meeting like this without my recorder going the entire time. He made the comment during my presentation when someone asked him what he thought of the OC topic, at which point he said he would "do me" if he ever saw me with a gun and he would be "completely justified." Trust me, were I to have recorded him stating that beaut of a phrase, we would not be having this post war right now.

I have posted what audio I have on this thread. If you listened to it, you would be able to see what I am talking about. Being that you are (apparently) a lawyer, you should be able to FULLY COMPREHEND how wrong Ruff is with what he said.

In response to your comment that I have been mislead, the only information that I have relied upon is contained in this thread and the attached links to which I referenced in my post, so if you think I have been mislead, then please state what I read is false or what I said is false.

1) I have multiple witnesses (who may or may not be getting around to responding) that were there that can corroborate my story. The Nomadd has already confirmed that Bruce said what he said.
Your characterization of me drinking Koolaid is an old debating tactic known as an ad hominem attack. Its purpose is not to persuade me but to persuade the audience. It is a weak attempt that lacks substance.

1) I didn't make that reference.

2) The crap you spread about me in post 14 is FILLED with ad hominem attacks in the form of a half-assed psychological analysis. There isn't much substance in your spewed garbage either. I am actually scared to know you are a lawyer and hope that your legal documents are not written in such a bastardized and ill-informed manner.

All you have accomplished with the above quoted post is restate what you previously stated. You have not provided any context as to what was being discussed, who was present, the tone of the conversation ect.

I feel that I must restate the obvious because you seem to be missing the BIG PICTURE.

In any case, I have dumped enough time into this and I get a very good feeling that it is an unprofitable endeavor. If you aren't willing to see the truth then that is your problem.

KylaGWolf
10-12-2009, 4:38 PM
I attended a fund raising dinner tonight and sat next to Bruce Ruff who is a candidate for San Diego County Sheriff. I was impressed with him. He has some very good ideas; too many to publish here at this time but for starters; He is in opposition to the federal government exercising unconstitutional powers. He wants to prosecute political fraud and corruption. He is against the City of San Diego giving sanctuary to illegal aliens. I directed the topic to the Second Amendment and he is clearly a proponent of concealed carry. During our conversation, he told me "I will issue a Bazillion concealed carry permits if elected. I will issue as many concealed carry permits as I possibly can." So there you have it; confirmation of good news.

I believe this man deserves our attention and support. I intend to assist him in his campaign and will be contacting him. I would like to write about more of our conversation but I had a beer, I was not taking notes, my wife was talking to me and it was hard to hear so, I'll report more when I can be certain that my written comments on this board are accurate.

Oh Ruff talks a good game till you ask him serious questions. Then he totally BLOWS it. I was at the meeting where he said he "would do" anyone that open carries. That is a out and out threat to kill someone that is doing something totally legal. You claim that it was not said then you are an idiot and a moron since the freaking meeting was ON TAPE AND POSTED.(ok I didn't know all of it was not recorded) but I was there so I HEARD what was said makes me a witness. So do me a freaking favor get your facts straight before you go supporting someoone that is just doing the political lip service. Yes Nate took a shotgun to the meeting he was freaking ASKED to. He deserves attention alright the attention to call him on his BS. I was going to vote for him till he basically started the double speak. Now I wouldn't vote for him even if he was the only pro ccw sheriff canidate since he cannot be trusted to speak honestly I cannot count on him to do his job honestly!

KylaGWolf
10-12-2009, 4:44 PM
To Pullnshoot25,

Sincerely,

Randy Dierlam

Randy did you even BOTHER to listen to the video that was posted at the meeting that Ruff was at that he threatened to shoot open carriers. Obviously not. Oh by the way I am NOT a college nor do I live at my parents house. I have degrees in criminal justtice as well as worked within the juvenile probation system. Dude I did NOT bait any law enforcement officers in the stop that I had with several others while open carrying in fact I was not even open carrying and had MY fourth amendment rights violated. Furthermore the open carriers here in San Diego had already stood down BEFORE they were asked to do so. You need to get YOUR facts straight BEFORE YOU post.

KylaGWolf
10-12-2009, 4:50 PM

I agree with you on that one. That is one thing that some forget that even though yes CCW is important there are many other issues that can make or break a department.

KylaGWolf
10-12-2009, 4:54 PM

Dude there IS a tape recording of the whole dang conversation what part of this do you NOT seem to get.

KylaGWolf
10-12-2009, 4:56 PM

Get out of my head damn it. And I know who I vote to drop out :devil:

KylaGWolf
10-12-2009, 5:01 PM

The context was this "I would do anyone I saw carrying a gun in the open in a heartbeat." Oh and another gem "gangbangers openly carry guns as they go to rob a bank" as for the tone it was HOSTILE! Oh yeah and here is another gem he can quote how bad guys in Mexico have guns but doesn't want to hear about the states that open carry and how they have lower crime rates. His comment was this is not Arizona. Well this is NOT Mexico either so his comments about Mexico don't mean squat.

Once A Marine
10-12-2009, 6:02 PM
At least someone is challenging him. I can't stand seeing elected officials running unopposed. It shows terrible voter apathy :(

And remember, Gore wasn't voted into office. It would be even worse apathy.

KylaGWolf
10-12-2009, 6:10 PM
Exactly and I refuse to be apathetic.

pullnshoot25
10-13-2009, 3:14 PM
Any thoughts, RandyD?

Flintlock Tom
10-13-2009, 6:48 PM
Apart from a little hyperbole, I agree with Pullnshoot25s characterization of Bruce Ruffs comments.
He made it very clear that he would feel justified, in the hypothetical case if he was sheriff and saw someone openly carrying a gun, in "doing him". I took that to mean that he would shoot the guy (or gal, sorry KylaG).

Alaric
10-13-2009, 7:13 PM
I'll reiterate what Guy and others have said, the bottom line is Jay LaSuer for Sheriff!

KylaGWolf
10-13-2009, 8:48 PM
Apart from a little hyperbole, I agree with Pullnshoot25s characterization of Bruce Ruffs comments.
He made it very clear that he would feel justified, in the hypothetical case if he was sheriff and saw someone openly carrying a gun, in "doing him". I took that to mean that he would shoot the guy (or gal, sorry KylaG).

No offense taken Tom....I had someone call me a dude on another thread here :).

Tom what was sad till he said that crap I was ready to vote for him.

And what I am beginning to wonder just how much Ruff is paying Randy to try to pimp him out on this forum.

pullnshoot25
10-14-2009, 12:18 AM
I am feeling the need for justification now... RandyD, got any more priceless words to throw out there?

SanSacto
10-14-2009, 12:20 AM
Any thoughts, RandyD?

I am feeling the need for justification now... RandyD, got any more priceless words to throw out there?

:beatdeadhorse5:

pullnshoot25
10-14-2009, 12:21 AM
:beatdeadhorse5:

Not really, I just want to see if RandyD has anything worthwhile to add or provide as a rebuttal, seeing as he is such a staunch supporter of fascism.

wildhawker
10-14-2009, 12:27 AM
I think the points have been made and it might be more appropriate to simply move on.

I'm of the mind that it might be worthwhile to address the issue of political candidate endorsements in the forums with the rest of the Board. They don't seem to be very productive.

ENTHUSIAST
10-14-2009, 1:14 AM
Hey Randy D I wasnt there but I can vouch for Pullnshoot being accurate in his assessment of Bruce Ruff as I have seen his commitment to the 2A first hand he is a stand up guy.

Oh and one more thing...
+1http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/781/z4ad5963734333.gif (http://www.commenthaven.com/glitter-text-generator)

wildhawker
10-14-2009, 1:36 AM
:banghead:

Right, Jay (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=2059778&postcount=294) doesn't have (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=2057036&postcount=212) any skeletons (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=2057515&postcount=221). :rolleyes:

KylaGWolf
10-14-2009, 6:07 AM
I think the points have been made and it might be more appropriate to simply move on.

I'm of the mind that it might be worthwhile to address the issue of political candidate endorsements in the forums with the rest of the Board. They don't seem to be very productive.

The discussion can be productive, although I will admit this one doesn't seem to be at the moment. I think that what bothered me is I was at that meeting with Ruff and was upset when it happened. It still bothers me that someone that is an LEO would even think like that. I also know that Jay has his issues which those issues bother me enough to make me wonder if he is a good choice. I don't know much about the other pro ccw candidates so cannot make a decision on if I would vote for them at this point. I can say though that I wouldn't vote for Gore regardless though. I would actually love if we would be able to get written statements as to where the candidates stand on CCW, UOC, LOC and other 2A issues. The only trouble with that is right now I am drawing a blank on what I should put in a letter to that request. Then again I just got home from an eight day trip with little sleep and lots of worry and my brain doesn't want to function since at the moment it thinks it is on east coast time.

I do think that with the number of candidates that are running for sheriff here in San Diego though may do more damage than good when it comes time to counting the votes I just hope that there is enough press for those that vote in this county actually go to the polls knowing who and why they are voting them into office. Of course that is something I wish would happen in all elections but I fear most people don't look past the surface of things before they make a choice.

pullnshoot25
10-14-2009, 7:58 AM

Right, Jay (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=2059778&postcount=294) doesn't have (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=2057036&postcount=212) any skeletons (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=2057515&postcount=221). :rolleyes:

Everyone has a skeleton or two. However, how big those skeletons are or if they come back to life (a la zombie) is the big issue.

GuyW
10-14-2009, 10:45 AM

You are bound and determined to see Herr Gore as Sheriff of San Diego.

Please tell us with specificity how electing an anti-gun, Constitutional-rights violator and civil-rights violator as Sheriff helps San Diego gunowners and residents.

grammaton76
10-14-2009, 12:27 PM
You are bound and determined to see Herr Gore as Sheriff of San Diego.

Please tell us with specificity how electing an anti-gun, Constitutional-rights and civil-rights violator as Sheriff helps San Diego gunowners and residents.

That's a bit of an unfair characterization of Wildhawker's comments.

Look, we have FOUR candidates, only one of whom is Gore.

If we're going to try and vote for one, then we need to make sure we know the right one. I personally think we're going to wind up with Gore in charge only because we have three pro-CCW sheriff candidates (one of whom is rabidly anti-OC, another of which has a spotty legislative history) that are going to split the anti-Gore vote three ways.

Alaric
10-14-2009, 12:32 PM

And here I was under the mistaken impression that we had beaten that particular horse dead at least 3 times over, months ago. Apparently not, as here comes someone else from Northern California to disparage the local candidate that the vast majority of us San Diego Calgunners are lined up to support.

Anyone know if there's a strong pro-gun candidate for Sheriff in Contra Costa or Santa Clara Counties that we can defame and undermine to the detriment of our cause? :rolleyes:

GuyW
10-14-2009, 12:35 PM
And here I was under the mistaken impression that we had beaten that particular horse dead at least 3 times over, months ago. Apparently not, as here comes someone else from Northern California to disparage the local candidate that the vast majority of us San Diego Calgunners are lined up to support.

Anyone know if there's a strong pro-gun candidate for Sheriff in Contra Costa or Santa Clara Counties that we can defame and undermine to the detriment of our cause? :rolleyes:

Oh! you wouldn't $%^& in their punchbowl, would you?

Alaric
10-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Oh! you wouldn't $%^& in their punchbowl, would you?

Nope. I'm above that.

As for those who still claim that La Suer can't win, maybe they missed this thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=200098). Jay has more money than his opponents, and money tends to be a big factor in winning elections.

GuyW
10-14-2009, 12:43 PM
That's a bit of an unfair characterization of Wildhawker's comments.

No, it's fair. These guys would foist off Diane Feinswine on us as Sheriff if it they felt it assuaged their hurt-NRA-feelings.

We have ONE CHANCE in this race to beat Gore - that is to coalesce behind Jay La Suer, who is a strong, experienced candidate and LEO and who is the sole 100% gold-plated pro-gun candidate......

Votes for Ruff or Duffy will effectively be votes FOR Gore.

Alaric
10-14-2009, 12:54 PM

When you say "the Board" do you mean the CGF Board? If so, wouldn't that be a problem in relation to the CGF's tax-exempt status? Issues = OK, candidates = no-no.

CGF fights for firearms related civil rights. We're unlikely to go very far afield of that. As a (c)(3) we are specifically not allowed to be involved in elections of politicians generally.

-Gene

wildhawker
10-14-2009, 1:02 PM
When I said Board, I mean the Board of Calguns, Inc., of which this forum is a part.

When you say "the Board" do you mean the CGF Board? If so, wouldn't that be a problem in relation to the CGF's tax-exempt status? Issues = OK, candidates = no-no.

Alaric
10-14-2009, 1:04 PM
When I said Board, I mean the Board of Calguns, Inc., of which this forum is a part.

Ah, ok, thanks for the clarification. CGF is too important to the cause to let a little misunderstanding about Boards and local candidates endanger it.

Ron-Solo
10-14-2009, 1:27 PM

Since I live in Riverside County and work in another heavily populated county I do not know any of the candidates for Sheriff in San Diego County, nor am I aware of all the issues facing the county in general, so I am not commenting on any of the candidates because that would be foolish on my part.

My post was to make people think of the big picture and all of the issues facing the Sheriff's Department. I once knew a guy running for LA County Sheriff who said he would issue CCW's to just about anyone who wanted one, but there was no way he was qualified to lead a group of Cub Scouts, let along a Sheriff's Department with 9,000+ sworn and 7,000+ non-sworn personnel.

He would have ruined the Department. A person's stance on CCW doesn't mean he can lead a law enforcement agency in a positive direction.

With that being said, I'll repeat my belief that law abiding citizens should be allowed to get a CCW. I can't get one for my wife from the county I live in, or the county I've worked for the last 31 years. I've put a lot of very bad people away over the years and some of those individuals have the capability to carry out some of the threats I've received.

I just want people to make an informed decision and weigh all the facts before deciding which candidate to support.

Aloha,

Ron