PDA

View Full Version : AB 962 costs

wildog8812
10-09-2009, 9:20 AM
I know and have read the entire bill line by line, however if they make every seller of ammo get your finger print and do a quick background check do you guys for see that they may add a fee, such as the DROS for guns?

Phil3
10-09-2009, 9:22 AM
It would not be a DROS in my opinion, but easy to see that a "fee" of some sort could be added later. It is not so hard to incrementally make this bill, if passed into law, more onerous with revisions.

- Phil

bwiese
10-09-2009, 9:53 AM
Yes, and that would require DOJ BoF to administer the fee collection, update computers, etc.

This costs $money$ in a broke state.

This is also just one reason why this is not supported by DOJ Senior Leadership.

loather
10-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Even if it does get passed into law, there are plenty of ways to get it stricken. I don't think it'll last long at all, even if Arnold decides to sign it or let it enact without signature.

bwiese
10-09-2009, 10:06 AM
Even if it does get passed into law, there are SOME of ways to get it stricken.

Changed it for you.

sd_shooter
10-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Even if it does get passed into law, there are plenty of ways to get it stricken. I don't think it'll last long at all, even if Arnold decides to sign it or let it enact without signature.

Could you list three of those ways? (Just to end the week on a good note..)

Mayhem
10-09-2009, 11:02 AM
I was under the impression the new language of ab962 doesn't require the retailer to run a back ground check but only requires the retailer to check I.D. (Already a requirement) Record personal info and take a thumb print. It would be up to state and local agencies to run the checks if they choose to do so.

Once ab962 becomes law it would open the door for future regulations such as mandatory back ground checks, Fees for back ground checks ($10-30 per purchase), and mandatory waiting periods for purchases.

This would kill retail sales from anyone but a gun shop. Make ammo expensive and very hard for a law abiding citizen to get.

Then would come restrictions on reloading components and equipment as people shift to hand loading and reloading.

Deleon has stated "the life blood of the gun is it's ammunition" and Deleon is like a rabid dog when it comes to guns as opposed to being just a typical political whore. I wouldn't consider it paranoia to say Deleon and palls are out for your guns ammo bullet brass primers and powder, And they don't give a rats behind about crime.

Scratch705
10-09-2009, 11:23 AM
no background checks, but requires all the personal info needed to run one later.

Driver license, name, fingerprint, residence, DOB, and telephone #

Mayhem
10-09-2009, 12:41 PM
no background checks, but requires all the personal info needed to run one later.

Driver license, name, fingerprint, residence, DOB, and telephone #

and that sounds like a set up for mandatory background checks (not done on site but by an agency like the DOJ). Mandatory wait on ammo (So back ground checks can be processed) if this bill becomes law and fails to slow crime and it will fail.

loather
10-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Could you list three of those ways? (Just to end the week on a good note..)

Well, first and foremost, it interferes with interstate commerce. That's likely the route through which it'll be defeated.

Can't think of a second and third one at the moment, but that's the one off the top of my head that holds the most water.