PDA

View Full Version : Finally my AR is complete.

POLICESTATE
10-08-2009, 8:09 PM
CMMG lower with CMMG parts kit.
Standard bullet button
Magpul MIAD Grip
RRA Stock kit
GG&G Dominator upper receiver, free float barrel
Denny's GTS BCG
LMT Tactical Charging Handle
Aimpoint Comp ML2 on GG&G Accupoint Cantilever

Can't wait to get it out to the range!

Interesting that when I put on the aimpoint and checked the BUIS it was already lined up when you co-witness, but I'm sure I'm in for a bit of zeroing just the same. Also the Aimpoint has to sit at a 45 degree angle to accomodate the mount ring of the cantilever.

http://strang.newtomorrow.org/ar/BUIS_down.jpg
http://strang.newtomorrow.org/ar/BUIS_up.jpg

tomd1584
10-08-2009, 8:12 PM
very nice!

osis32
10-08-2009, 8:15 PM
I feel your joy and excitement! just got my upper today myself.

xibunkrlilkidsx
10-08-2009, 9:20 PM
gah....this sucks i want my ar15 to be done...but its going to be a while for funds.

very nice.

Jak1
10-08-2009, 9:26 PM
Sweet rifle. I just picked up two lowers and assembled both rifles last night. My carbine shot a 1/2" group at 100yds (4 shots) today. Split from work early as I couldn't wait for the weekend. Let us know how it shoots.

Gio
10-08-2009, 9:27 PM
Looking good, now it's time to go get some ZoMbIeS!!! :43:

-Gio

SanSacto
10-08-2009, 9:34 PM
That is one ugly rifle.........I like it! :tt1:

evidens83
10-08-2009, 9:35 PM
Lookin good! How do you like the RRA stock?

POLICESTATE
10-08-2009, 9:52 PM
The RRA is a bit thicker than I would normally like, but it has 2 slim storage compartment that are good for batteries and a solid feel to the butt. We'll see how well I like it after I zero tomorrow and break in with 100 rounds.

To earlier post, yes it is ugly, and brutal looking. Like a good EBR should :43:

dchang0
10-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Nice build. You're going to want to get two more toys:

1) ambi safety selector (Stag's is good--stay away from RRA's design).

2) nicer sling--bungie slings aren't tight enough. Go with an Urban ERT sling for an awesome 1pt/2pt quickly-convertible sling or Vickers for 2pt. Magpul's sling, while nice, is too skinny to use for carry purposes

POLICESTATE
10-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Nice build. You're going to want to get two more toys:

1) ambi safety selector (Stag's is good--stay away from RRA's design).

2) nicer sling--bungie slings aren't tight enough. Go with an Urban ERT sling for an awesome 1pt/2pt quickly-convertible sling or Vickers for 2pt. Magpul's sling, while nice, is too skinny to use for carry purposes

Yeah I am thinking of the ambi safety, will take a look at the stag then.

I'm not that stoked about the bungie sling myself, it hangs too low for me to be of much use unless I'm wearing a tac vest. Who makes the Urban ERT?

osis32
10-08-2009, 10:10 PM
I dunno about you bug I cant stop fondling mine. Im quite pleased my charles daly lower and stag upper match so well. wasnt expecting that.

War Machine
10-09-2009, 1:28 AM
Nice AR. I just picked up a Daniels Defence lower complete from Riflegear. Hopefully you'll see mine up here in the next few weeks.

missiontrails
10-09-2009, 5:44 AM
Hey, I recognize that upper.....

WeekendWarrior
10-09-2009, 7:34 AM
WWRTW

POLICESTATE
10-09-2009, 8:21 AM
PoliceState, I knew you would put together a mean looking rifle, I expected no less from you! Come shoot that thing at the Halloween Zombie Shoot listed in my signature!

Hmmm it is on a Saturday, I might be able to get away from the family but isn't that a bit of a drive from the SJ area?

Ian
10-09-2009, 8:33 AM
nice build! how do you like those rail covers

Acorn556
10-09-2009, 8:37 AM
Hmmm it is on a Saturday, I might be able to get away from the family but isn't that a bit of a drive from the SJ area?

I think it's about 2 hours. It's a little south of Los Banos.....out by the hot springs.

dchang0
10-09-2009, 8:53 AM
Yeah I am thinking of the ambi safety, will take a look at the stag then.

I'm not that stoked about the bungie sling myself, it hangs too low for me to be of much use unless I'm wearing a tac vest. Who makes the Urban ERT?

You'll dig the Urban ERT hybrid sling then. Magpul stole the idea from these guys at the SHOT show, as the MS2 has the same functionality, but the Urban ERT is far better made, with faster adjustments and much, much more comfort. I like especially like the speed clips--the MS2's brass clip is very hard to attach to your rifle quickly. The Urban ERT is equally fast at attachment as it is at detachment.

http://urbanertslings.com/siposl.html

If you're a skinny guy like me (around 40R chest), be sure to send in your measurement when you order--otherwise, the sling will hang a bit low in 1pt mode. The factory will modify your sling for free. (I shipped both of mine back for a free resizing.) Take a tape measure and measure around where the single point sling would go--over right shoulder, just under left armpit if you're a rightie--and cinch it tight. Mine came out to 30 in, and they returned my resized slings in less than a week. Now, they fit perfect, and my rifle's not hitting me in the family jewels.

This is THE sling I keep coming back to, out of all the ones I've tried. Depending on what modular weapon adapters/attachments you buy, it can actually cost less than other lower-quality slings.

POLICESTATE
10-09-2009, 7:51 PM
Okay I have a dumb question:

The BUIS sight, standard A2 style, the bigger ring is marked for ranges 0-200, but what about the smaller aperture? That one is normally for 300-500 yards or something right?

Flogger23m
10-09-2009, 7:58 PM
Nice.

Still need an upper, grip slip, and ambi safety for mine. Will probably take me a full year to get the funds and parts together. :(

willm952
10-09-2009, 8:04 PM
Yup, the big ring (aperture) is also used for poor weather (rain, etc.) by Marines. You can actually shoot 500 meters using the small aperture while prone.

You might want to get a eotech holosight. The cheapest I've seen is on sportsmanguide.com $400 or there was a place selling it for $370.

Makes a big difference. Its pricey but worth it. An example, my friend bought an airsoft pistol belt said it was the same as my Wilderness belt ($5 vs $30).
During the handgun course drawing from the holster at Frontsight he learned it pays to pay for good equipment. Something you can trust your life with.

Sorry for the long winded answer.

Hope this helps out.

tomd1584
10-09-2009, 9:16 PM
Yup, the big ring (aperture) is also used for poor weather (rain, etc.) by Marines. You can actually shoot 500 meters using the small aperture while prone.

You might want to get a eotech holosight. The cheapest I've seen is on sportsmanguide.com $400 or there was a place selling it for $370.

Makes a big difference. Its pricey but worth it. An example, my friend bought an airsoft pistol belt said it was the same as my Wilderness belt ($5 vs $30).
During the handgun course drawing from the holster at Frontsight he learned it pays to pay for good equipment. Something you can trust your life with.

Sorry for the long winded answer.

Hope this helps out.

why would he get an eotech if he already has an aimpoint? so he can get worse battery life?

POLICESTATE
10-09-2009, 9:37 PM
Ah it's okay, i know there are hardcore EOtech folks just like there are hardcore Aimpoint folks (like me).

My question is more on the smaller aperture on an A2 iron sight, it's marked C-4 while the larger is marked 0-2. I'm not sure if they will have the same POI or not, but I will find out tomorrow morning when I zero the rifle anyway :)

DK9mm
10-10-2009, 8:25 AM
Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!