PDA

View Full Version : New Gun Shop in Lincoln?

gdr_11
10-08-2009, 4:21 PM
My wife just told me she had heard that a new gun shop was opening in downtown Lincoln in the old Feed Mill building where Awful Annie's is located. Any info from the locals?

packnrat
10-09-2009, 5:17 AM
Iam still waiting on word about the shop opening in woodland.

But if one is opening in lincolin, will make the drive to check it out.

JeffCinSac
10-09-2009, 7:58 AM
Ooh, I hope so. I live in Lincoln. Thread tagged.

scoob_i_e
10-09-2009, 12:08 PM
That'd be nice.

sprintcar
10-09-2009, 5:52 PM
If you live in Lincoln go over and check it out. I will be going through Lincoln tomorrow and I will look for any signs.

RERAIL1982
10-09-2009, 6:00 PM
OH man that would be the best news I've heard all week if a gun shop opened in Lincoln, I mean I would get divorced for sure but...

sprintcar
10-09-2009, 8:10 PM
I just found out that it is the Lincoln Rifle Club's new headquarter moving into the building. Not a gun store sorry guys.

gdr_11
10-10-2009, 8:04 PM
Well, it was exciting for a while anyway.

BTW, I was in Sportsmans Warehouse on Thursday and their 1911 display case had 5-6 Kimbers. I had never seen anything other than S&Ws there before. Too bad Oct. Is a cash short month for me.

BLD
10-10-2009, 10:36 PM
My wife was just by there the other day and said that she saw a sign that said Lincoln Gun Exchange and also mentioned something about transfers. And yes it is in the same building as the new Lincoln Rifle Club headquarters. Maybe I'll stop by there myself tomorrow morning on the way to the range and let you all know what I find out.

leitung
10-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Cool, new FFL.. more places to lose a paycheck..

BLD
10-11-2009, 6:49 PM
The place is called Lincoln Gun Exchange, and according to the sign they are coming soon. A little flier in the window said something to the effect of buy, sell, consingment. At the bottom of the flier it also said something about by appointment only?!? and had the phone numbers listed. By peeking in the window I could see that the place was coming along. They already had a bunch of glass counters in place and some inventory. They are on Hwy 65 in the same brick building as TCBY and the new LRC Headquarters.

I wish them the best even though they opened the same business I wanted to on the same strech of highway I was looking at.:)

mosinnagantm9130
10-11-2009, 7:12 PM
There used to be a shop in there, but it went under. I haven't heard about any shop going into the old feed store, I'll have to check it out over the next couple of days.

gdr_11
10-13-2009, 7:33 AM
The place is called Lincoln Gun Exchange, and according to the sign they are coming soon. A little flier in the window said something to the effect of buy, sell, consingment. At the bottom of the flier it also said something about by appointment only?!? and had the phone numbers listed. By peeking in the window I could see that the place was coming along. They already had a bunch of glass counters in place and some inventory. They are on Hwy 65 in the same brick building as TCBY and the new LRC Headquarters.

I wish them the best even though they opened the same business I wanted to on the same strech of highway I was looking at.:)

Ditto on that; I had lunch at Awful Annie's yesterday and strolled by and looked in the front door; there was construction activity, but no one visible who I could talk to.

We need to keep an eye/ear open and post when you find out something definitive in terms of opening date, hours, stock, etc. :D

gdr_11
12-24-2009, 2:39 PM
Well, after all this time, I stopped by the Lincoln Gun Exchange after lunch at Awful Annie's. Met Randy and Helen, the owners of the shop; very nice people. He had recently picked up a large lot of new, unfired rifles and pistols so he had a good selection for a shop this size (RIA 1911, 2 S&W 629s, Springfield XD, etc.). Has a small ammo selection in the case.

We chatted a bit about my search for a modestly priced 30-06 bolt action for my grandson, and he had a new Remington 710 with a Redfield scope for $435. Also had a couple of much nicer rifles but a bit out of my gift price range. We browsed through his supplier catalogs and he offered to order anything I wanted. (did not inquire about OLL)

He does take consignments and I verified that his transfer fee for external or internet purchases is $60.

I recommend you check it out and see if we can't support this local shop and keep them in business.

Hours are still a bit unsettled (he has another job), but he has a board on which he updates them. Phone number to call before you come out is (916) 671-4867.

un_ave
03-23-2010, 8:51 AM
Happened to come across this posting and thought I'd write back.

The Lincoln Gun Exchange store is back in business (not sure if it's the same owner or not). I was there this weekend 03/20/2010!! He has a few hand guns and some long guns as well. Prices were reasonable. He also had some ammo, priced the same as Sportsman's Warehouse (when they used to have ammo) and Walmart, so rather support the local shop for the same price.

He sells new and consigned guns. Check it out!!