PDA

View Full Version : The odd case of Sylvester Stallone's CCW permit

1JimMarch
10-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Check this out:

http://blog.riflegear.com/articles/the-hypocrisy-of-sylvester-stallone.aspx

Stallone is publicly a gun-grabber, and has a CCW permit. No big news there.

Slightly bigger news is his well publicized arrest in 2007 in Japan for smuggling synthetic Chinese human growth hormone, which is also banned in the US. Was his permit revoked? Don't know yet.

But the BIG news to me is that LASD tried to lie about Stallone's permit status. We knew some departments didn't like admitting certain fairly obvious crony issuance; here we have a documented case of a bald-faced lie.

Therefore, if we wanted to go after the master database of all permit issuance held by the DOJ, these documents (assuming this guy will write a declaration backing them up) would be gold if Cal-DOJ continues to insist that records from local agencies are public but the same records from Cal-DOJ are private.

bwiese
10-08-2009, 10:24 AM
It may not be relevant, because that crime is apparently not relevant over here to gunrights.

Of course it'll be an interesting PRAR exercise nonetheless.

The Director
10-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Why is this surprising? Arnold has fired of probably more .50 BMG in his films than most soldiers have in combat, and he was still behind the .50 BMG ban.

packnrat
10-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Can you say hipacret.

I can say it... But not spell it.

Beelzy
10-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Whoever liked his sorry butt anyway??

M1A Rifleman
10-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Ugh, I didn't know he was an anti, I thought he was one of the good guys - its so sad, no more Rambo for me :(

On a similar note, whats the story with Penn? He was convited of assault in the 80's, he has a CCW, and I hear on the news he beat another photog just this week.

kertong
10-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Don't forget that Penn also got his buick grand national stolen back on 03 or 04, which had an unlocked and loaded glock in the glove compartment.

I don't know about you, but if I *somehow* managed to get a CCW in this damn police state, leaving it "unsafely stored" like that would be an instant CCW revokation for me. One of my good friends' dad had a house registered in Napa, and he was able to get a CCW from the napa county sheriff. He's about 70 years old now, credit score of 800+, not so much as a traffic violation on his record, real nice guy, government worker. Stop everything! This man has a CCW! The sheriffs actually went to his napa house to stake it out, and interviewed all his neighbors to find out if he really lived there. Once they found out he was only at the napa house 2-3 months out of the year, they took his CCW away.

Forget the rapists, murders, burglars, and gang members - a 70 year old senior citizen with a spotless record has a ccw! OMG!

****ing "nobility" class.

rkt88edmo
10-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Why is this surprising? Arnold has fired of probably more .50 BMG in his films than most soldiers have in combat, and he was still behind the .50 BMG ban.

Its more about proving that there is favoritism in the process and CCWs issued citizens who are "more equal" than the rest of us.

Glock22Fan
10-08-2009, 12:38 PM
snip

One of my good friends' dad had a house registered in Napa, and he was able to get a CCW from the napa county sheriff. He's about 70 years old now, credit score of 800+, not so much as a traffic violation on his record, real nice guy, government worker. Stop everything! This man has a CCW! The sheriffs actually went to his napa house to stake it out, and interviewed all his neighbors to find out if he really lived there. Once they found out he was only at the napa house 2-3 months out of the year, they took his CCW away.

Forget the rapists, murders, burglars, and gang members - a 70 year old senior citizen with a spotless record has a ccw! OMG!

****ing "nobility" class.

Interesting this: TBJ got an email a couple of weeks back telling us (respectfully) that we spoke a load of cr@p (on our website) for saying that you must use your primary residence, and that this will be checked.

I have read your FAQ’s and believe you are incorrect on the topic of multiple residences in different counties.
There is no California Penal Code reference to or use of the word "PRIMARY" in describing the residence CCW residence requirement in any of the sections pertaining to California CCW applications.

In the example given, the vacation property is still a residence and can be used for CCW application purposes unless specifically prohibited by law.
I respectfully believe that your response to the question is seriously flawed and will soon become a topic of litigation.

FAQ:

I own a vacation property in XX County, and permits are easier to get there than where my primary residence is. Can I use that address?

No. Even if you can fudge the application to make it appear as the other address is your primary residence, you are lying on an official form. This site does not endorse intentional illegal acts. Rest assured, anything you claim on the application will be verified. Anything you state that is untruthful will come to light and will likely jeopardize your ability to ever get a permit.

Believe it or not, what we say is based on experience as well as the law.

Be interesting to see if there is litigation to upset the situation, but until then, TBJ has it right.

Kharn
10-08-2009, 2:35 PM
1JimMarch:
Small v US (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_v._United_States) was a Supreme Court decision from 2005 holding that foreign convictions do not disqualify a person from firearms ownership in the US.

Billy Jack
10-08-2009, 4:52 PM
http://californiaconcealedcarry.com/blog/index.php

Billy Jack

bigstick61
10-08-2009, 5:04 PM
I had thought for some time that Stallone was pro-gun.

obeygiant
10-08-2009, 5:18 PM
Can you say hypocrite? I can say it and spell it.

fixed it for ya. ;)

Glock22Fan
10-08-2009, 5:26 PM
fixed it for ya. ;)

I always thought that hypocritters were large African game animals :D

bodger
10-08-2009, 5:40 PM

He's pro-whatever makes him look good at any given time.

Having a CCW is just another way for these celebs to feel special.

The fact that Sean Penn has a CCW, considering his criminal record replete with jail time, is a travesty.

Fjold
10-08-2009, 5:44 PM

He's a public supporter of the Brady Bunch and Handgun Control Int.

loather
10-08-2009, 5:45 PM
The fact that Sean Penn has a CCW, considering his criminal record replete with jail time, is a travesty.

... And the sheriff who issued the permit should go to jail.

vrand
10-08-2009, 6:15 PM
Ugh, I didn't know he was an anti, I thought he was one of the good guys - its so sad, no more Rambo for me :(

On a similar note, whats the story with Penn? He was convited of assault in the 80's, he has a CCW, and I hear on the news he beat another photog just this week.

same here. what a turkey

1JimMarch
10-08-2009, 6:33 PM
1JimMarch:
Small v US was a Supreme Court decision from 2005 holding that foreign convictions do not disqualify a person from firearms ownership in the US.

Doesn't mean a sheriff can't factor it into CCW in Kali.

Then again, this is Baca we're talking about. Celebs can do no wrong.

Bleah.

jinggoyd1967
10-08-2009, 6:41 PM
Doesn't mean a sheriff can't factor it into CCW in Kali.

Then again, this is Baca we're talking about. Celebs can do no wrong.

Bleah.

While on this subject, isn't Baca up for re-election 2010? If so, is there anyone we can stand behind as a Sheriff candidate like LaSuer or Hunt?

obeygiant
10-08-2009, 6:43 PM

you may be right, that's what my daughter calls them.:D

GuyW
10-08-2009, 6:53 PM

Don't get them confused with RINOs.....however, science is about to declare them to be closely related to the (in)famous demon-rat....

Biff...
10-08-2009, 7:09 PM
... And the sheriff who issued the permit should go to jail.

Wouldn't that be Baca?

GuyW
10-08-2009, 7:13 PM
Wouldn't that be Baca?

I wish his cousin would come around and have a SERIOUS talk with him, maybe thump on him a little....

(.....that would of course be.....................Chew Baca...)

:)

7x57
10-08-2009, 8:01 PM
Wouldn't that be Baca?

Fine with me. I'm tired of being oppressed by the old Lord High Sheriff anyway--I think I'd like to try a new Lord High Sheriff with his own angle on how I should be oppressed.

Because "at least oppression doesn't have to be boring." :D

7x57

wildhawker
10-08-2009, 8:23 PM
Nicely played, 7.

It'd be nice if the candidates to get behind were not pigs with bright red lipstick (JLS).

PutTogether
10-08-2009, 9:46 PM
While on this subject, isn't Baca up for re-election 2010? If so, is there anyone we can stand behind as a Sheriff candidate like LaSuer or Hunt?

Woah, woah, WOAH back off there buddy.

Mr. Hunt is going to be too busy being MY Sheriff to worry about LA.

...... which reminds me I should stop in and write him a check....

Meplat
10-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Can you say hipacret.

I can say it... But not spell it.

:rofl2::rofl2:

MudCamper
10-09-2009, 7:39 AM
Slight side-track here:

Interesting this: TBJ got an email a couple of weeks back telling us (respectfully) that we spoke a load of cr@p (on our website) for saying that you must use your primary residence, and that this will be checked.

I have read your FAQ’s and believe you are incorrect on the topic of multiple residences in different counties.
There is no California Penal Code reference to or use of the word "PRIMARY" in describing the residence CCW residence requirement in any of the sections pertaining to California CCW applications.

In the example given, the vacation property is still a residence and can be used for CCW application purposes unless specifically prohibited by law.
I respectfully believe that your response to the question is seriously flawed and will soon become a topic of litigation.

FAQ:

I own a vacation property in XX County, and permits are easier to get there than where my primary residence is. Can I use that address?

No. Even if you can fudge the application to make it appear as the other address is your primary residence, you are lying on an official form. This site does not endorse intentional illegal acts. Rest assured, anything you claim on the application will be verified. Anything you state that is untruthful will come to light and will likely jeopardize your ability to ever get a permit.

Believe it or not, what we say is based on experience as well as the law.

Be interesting to see if there is litigation to upset the situation, but until then, TBJ has it right.

Your FAQ assumes that a person will lie on the form and state that their secondary residence is primary. Since there is no requirement that the residence be primary, why even try and state it? Let's say I have a residence in a county with a very pro-CCW Sheriff (I do BTW) and I apply there and clearly state it's my secondary residence. Couldn't the Sheriff issue? There is nothing in any code that states it has to be primary. Why do you guys continue to say that it does?

jdogg2000
10-09-2009, 7:59 AM

He IS pro-gun... he just wants to be the only one with guns.

B Strong
10-09-2009, 8:22 AM
Stallone's a gold plated tool.

Perfect example of how success can remove someone from any connection with reality.

M. D. Van Norman
10-09-2009, 8:25 AM
Why do you guys continue to say that it does?

It is a long-standing convention to interpret gun-control laws more strictly than they are written.

Casual_Shooter
10-09-2009, 8:31 AM
Wait a minute... Stallone is 5'10"? I always heard he was shorter- 5'7", 5'8" etc.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o147/dvflyer/ccw_page03-1.jpg