PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Spooktacular Zombie Shoot - PANOCHE - Sat, Nov 7th - ***NEW PREVIEW VIDEO!

Pages : [1] 2

WeekendWarrior
10-08-2009, 10:33 AM
WWRTW

Gio
10-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Is this another I need a BroMance date of shooting? :rofl: :laugh:

-Gio

WeekendWarrior
10-08-2009, 10:41 AM
WWRTW

Gio
10-08-2009, 11:14 AM
No, I got the bromance covered :rolleyes: All joking aside, I think this could be a lot of fun! Stop hating Gio, and make your way out to Panoche for a real zombie shoot!

But it's so much fun to tease you about your BroMance shooting date you set up a while back ;) Depending on what is going on and what day it is I will try to make it out. There is a Clean-Up Day set for the 17th of this month so I will be going up there for that or for a Zombie shoot. Main thing is getting my AK 47 Pistol in my hands before then ;) Either way zombie targets sounds like a whole lot of fun to blast at :43:

-Gio

WeekendWarrior
10-08-2009, 11:40 AM
WWRTW

evollep3
10-08-2009, 11:48 AM
im down for that and the tannerite would be a great IDEA! tape a package of tannerite behind head shots :) hehe

evollep3
10-08-2009, 11:49 AM
the person with the most head shot i will give them a free Magpul stock :)

WeekendWarrior
10-08-2009, 12:30 PM
WWRTW

nagorb
10-08-2009, 3:11 PM
I'm in!!

WeekendWarrior
10-08-2009, 4:15 PM
WWRTW

SheepDoggie
10-08-2009, 4:33 PM
MOST...AWESOME...THREAD /slash/ IDEA..EVER....to bad I live So Cal..

evollep3
10-08-2009, 4:34 PM
i say dont worry about the watermelon i say just get the target you listed so we can get more of them and tannerite :)

WeekendWarrior
10-08-2009, 6:07 PM
WWRTW

evollep3
10-08-2009, 6:11 PM
well let me know if we can do a donation for the event and i can donate another item for the event like may a Midwest rail or if enought contributions i can do a UBR or something. But one thing is no one looks in this section lol

WeekendWarrior
10-08-2009, 6:22 PM
WWRTW

WeekendWarrior
10-08-2009, 6:24 PM
WWRTW

kf6tac
10-08-2009, 6:45 PM
I'm keeping an eye on this thread, but can't commit yet due to possible conflicts with work that weekend. Definitely looks like fun, though -- if I'm able to commit, I will let you guys know ASAP.

evollep3
10-08-2009, 6:54 PM
i sent you a pm weekend

nagorb
10-08-2009, 9:44 PM
Evo,

Yeah I will try and get some interest first. I want to open a thread in centerfire rifles and the handguns sections but afraid Kres will just merge them

Send a pm to Turby.

Turbinator
10-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Ok guys, so what do you want to do?? Have this cross posted to multiple forums?

Turby

nagorb
10-08-2009, 10:06 PM
That would be great if you can do that. Thanks

Turbinator
10-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Well, uh, I think it kind of belongs in this forum. Why don't you go ahead and post this thread's URL in the other two forums (handguns and rifles) as suggested above, and I'll monitor to ensure the pointers don't get removed.

Turby

knucklehead 61
10-08-2009, 10:51 PM
panoche.
tannerite.
zombies.
weapons of mass destruction.
whats not to love?
i think i have to make this one!

WeekendWarrior
10-09-2009, 8:15 AM
WWRTW

Turbinator
10-09-2009, 8:33 AM
Turbinator - You mean just post them in other threads or start a new thread with a link to this thread? Sorry, never done this kind of thing before.

Actually, how about doing what I did - add the URL to this thread in your .sig file - that way everytime you post somewhere else, and someone reads your post, you get exposure?

This way, you can pretty much cross post in EVERY subforum without really spamming the board. :)

Turby

Baron
10-09-2009, 8:38 AM
Sounds awesome
Some friends and I got together a few years ago in Panoche and had our own Zombie Shoot fest
66_-Hhumq_E

Was lots of fun and I drew all the targets myself. I wouldn't mind drawing up some more, if people don't mind shooting getto Zombie targets. Might help keep cost down. I still have something like 60 targets left, but can make more
I also have the stands I made and most did survive, so we could use those too.

I wouldn't mind putting a video together like the one above too, so everybody will have their own video to take home and watch over and over.
What I did with our's is tried to also add everyones pictures and vids to the CD they got, so they didn't have to look at everyones eles pictures... Because who wants to look at a bunch of dudes shooting zombies, when you can look at yourself blasting the undead... I mean who's cooler then yourself... LOL

Let me know
I've been thinking of doing another Zombie shoot and this may be exactly what I'm looking for.

WeekendWarrior
10-09-2009, 8:41 AM
WWRTW

WeekendWarrior
10-09-2009, 8:48 AM
WWRTW

Baron
10-09-2009, 9:05 AM
LMAO.. I'm glad I could inspire someone...lol

I think I have probably around 20 surviving target stands.
They are made out of PVC and wood. I had help making them and we had a sort of assembly line going to get them all together. I think it took us around maybe 10 to 12 hours all together. I think we made close to 30 or 35 stands.
But sadly... well not really sad... with all the bump firing and rapid buck shot shooting some stands didn't make it... LOL

But If I can make it I'll bring all the stands and targets I can fit in my Durango. I also have a stock pile of milk jugs and 2 liter bottles. So I can bring those too. And if everyone wants and if I have room I'll bring my clay thrower and 200+ clay pigeons...

I'll see who I can get to come. The 1919 isn't mine, but I see if my buddy can make it.

man this is sounding more and more fun, now that I'm thinking about it

Maybe what might bee cool too is to list calibers that might be there too, so that and firearms people want to shoot, but don't own, they can bring ammo... As long as people don't mind sharing... just an idea

I'll get a total of how many zombie targets and stands I have and I'll let you know.

Tunis
10-09-2009, 9:09 AM
I wish I could participate, but you guys always seem to plan these events at Panoche Hills BLM the same weekend as the Gun Shows! I missed the Pinata Shoot due to the Cow Palace Show, I'm going to miss the Clean-Up on the 17th due to the Vallejo Show, and now I'm gonna miss this one cuz of the Cow Palace Show. LOL! I'll make it out there one of these days!

Baron
10-09-2009, 9:19 AM
Weekendwarrior I sent you a PM

I'm not gonna be able to make the clean up, happens to fall on the same weekend we are taking my sister out for her first tattoo... Sorry can't miss that

But Weekend I'll send you the schematic I drew up for my target stands too, once I find it....

Acorn556
10-09-2009, 9:44 AM
Well heck....if knucklehead is coming out I'll have to join in. If sorrenson gets on this we will have a timer so we could actually see who's the best for that magpul stock.

I had a target stand made out of PVC and it worked fine until I figured out my EOTech was off. Shot a couple pieces but it lasted all day long. Look up home made targets and it gives you good directions.

I like the idea of a moving target. That would be really interesting. Gives everyone a fair chance to see what they could do when one is coming at them. We all know some zombies are faster than others.

WeekendWarrior
10-09-2009, 10:23 AM
WWRTW

WeekendWarrior
10-09-2009, 10:39 AM
WWRTW

WeekendWarrior
10-09-2009, 10:41 AM
WWRTW

Baron
10-09-2009, 11:06 AM
here was my original plan for my target stands..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/GORZACK/Zombies/targetstand.jpg

You can see the frame that I made... the nice thing about the frame is it folds up pretty compact. the other part of the diagram is my plan on how to make head shots really count

- attach paper zombie target to cardborad backing.
- place loop of twine, string, whatever to back of cardboard right where zombies head is located.
- blow up balloon and attach twine to hang balloon from top of stand.
- slide balloon through loop on back of target.

Now when you shoot at the target the only way to drop the Zombie is to hit it in the head and pop the balloon.

that or just attach the target to the stand and only count head shots....

kf6tac
10-09-2009, 11:22 AM
Well the 7th isnt a firm date, If there are a lot of people saying they cant make it and the following weekend would be better, I am cool with that. I was just throwing that out there. No this Zombie shoot has morphed into a bigger shoot than I expected, and with the fundraising aspect and larger number of people it might make sense to push it back a week to allow for preparations. We will have to see how fast people can get the *spit* together.

I think my work obligations for that time frame just cleared up, but I'm in Tunis' boat, the weekend of the 7th is problematic due to the Cow Palace show - I've volunteered to donate my labor, and will probably need to stop by the show to stock up on ammo anyway.

WeekendWarrior
10-09-2009, 11:27 AM
WWRTW

WeekendWarrior
10-09-2009, 11:28 AM
WWRTW

evollep3
10-09-2009, 11:33 AM
weekend give me a call anytime my phone is always on i will keep a eye on it to catch it also i will go there early to help set up and i will bring a case of water and a cooler
i will probaly bring the following caliber

7.62x39
50 beowulf
50 DTC

and if we need steel plates i can get some too just need a heads up on what size and thickness

frunkis
10-09-2009, 11:36 AM
pm'd you with donation offering

Baron
10-09-2009, 11:48 AM
yeah 7th works for me so far
Not sure how late I'll be able to stay, but a night shoot sounds awesome
I'll probably get there early too

If anyone can get some hands on some old pallets or something, might be cool to set up barricade type shooting

calibers I'll be bringing:
(Mine are easy)
7.62x39
12 gauge

I'm gonna try and get some more 12 gauge online... maybe OO and slugs

:43:I have a creepy feeling this is gonna be a blast:43:

Pistolwhipped
10-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Can someone please plan one of these for So Cal!!? I am sure I speak for all the SoCal Calgunners that this would be freakin awesome!

I'll donate money, time and whatever else is required. Plus if we get these things going all over CA that just means more money raised for CalGuns!

Lets DO IT!!! :devil:

Jel
10-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Oh boy...this sounds like fun..

With most of the Halloween stuff 50% off since this is after Halloween, we should be able to come up with some pretty good zombies to blow up.

I'm in!!

WeekendWarrior
10-09-2009, 1:19 PM
WWRTW

WeekendWarrior
10-09-2009, 1:19 PM
WWRTW

WeekendWarrior
10-09-2009, 1:23 PM
WWRTW

mk3mitch
10-09-2009, 1:29 PM
I will be attending!

Lancear15
10-09-2009, 1:32 PM
I would set it up to have more CQB then what is in the video, so shotguns and handguns can be used more. reactive targets are always great but involve a lot more setup and reseting. It would be awesome to do some driveby strafing from the back of a moving pickup at least for the video sake.

WeekendWarrior
10-09-2009, 2:02 PM
WWRTW

evollep3
10-09-2009, 2:06 PM
yea drive by would be a little dangerous.
anyone have any of those contruction zone signs with the blinking yellow light? those would be cool to use as a course

evollep3
10-09-2009, 2:07 PM
yeah 7th works for me so far
Not sure how late I'll be able to stay, but a night shoot sounds awesome
I'll probably get there early too

If anyone can get some hands on some old pallets or something, might be cool to set up barricade type shooting

calibers I'll be bringing:
(Mine are easy)
7.62x39
12 gauge

I'm gonna try and get some more 12 gauge online... maybe OO and slugs

:43:I have a creepy feeling this is gonna be a blast:43:

you know i forgot about my Saiga 12 i have a bunch of slugs too :43:

nagorb
10-09-2009, 2:23 PM
Looks like a lot of people interested. This is turning out great. I have a bunch of 2x4s that were cut up for Christmas tree stands that can be put together on the range, but they are small about 3ft long, but its cheaper then PVC.

Maybe we should do a poll to see when everyone can go.

If we are going to this as a night thing I will most likely sleep out there just to make sure all the zombies stay dead.

Naming the calibers is a great idea. I'll be bringing

ruger .45-if I still have it
10/22 .22
.223/5.56
12 gauge
7.62x54r-anyone is welcome to use some of my 7.62 ammo as its expensive if not bought in bulk

I'm getting excited:43:

nagorb
10-09-2009, 2:24 PM
I have an rc car but i don't know that it would be able to move a target.

evollep3
10-09-2009, 2:40 PM
i have a rc car too it will move a paper target 70MPH MUAHAHAHAHAaaa lets see you hit that lol

WeekendWarrior
10-09-2009, 3:14 PM
WWRTW

WeekendWarrior
10-09-2009, 3:18 PM
WWRTW

kf6tac
10-09-2009, 3:49 PM
I think i am good enough shot not to blow a hole in your RC car, but I cant guarantee that! ;)

"What? I was trying to get away from the zombie so I shot his legs out from under him!" :D

WeekendWarrior
10-09-2009, 3:51 PM
WWRTW

nagorb
10-09-2009, 4:10 PM
Its a cheap car I bought for my dogs to chase but it just scares the **** out of them so no worries if it gets blow up, hell I wouldn't mind using it as a moving target.

GearHead
10-09-2009, 5:53 PM
Dangit, I really want to go but it's my girlfriend's bday....

kf6tac
10-09-2009, 7:47 PM
Dangit, I really want to go but it's my girlfriend's bday....

Is she into guns? We'll throw her a party... with zombies! Haha.

Stork
10-10-2009, 4:09 AM
Wish one was in SoCal. I don't have time to help organize but if one did happen to come up I'd do all I could to help. Someone in SoCal organize one of these shoots please.

lineman66
10-11-2009, 2:52 AM
Any way this could be changed to a Sunday for those of us who work on Saturday? :D

MrNiceGuy
10-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Man....sounds like fun!
Anyone planning to camp over night (if they even allow camping)?
It's gonna be a long drive back for some of us......

And last I heard BLM don't allow "paid" shoots (please correct me if I'm wrong).
Guys getting together to shoot is fine.
But paying to an organizer to shoot is a no-no.
I'm all for donating to then Calguns Foundation, but we should work out the logistics and how to legally get the funds to the foundation without BLM rangers shutting us down for our good intentions.

BTW....I hope to make it pending work.

diginit
10-11-2009, 5:21 PM
I could really use the magpull stock. Sounds like fun to me. The RC cars will surely get wasted. Camping is allowed and I probably will.
But somehow, I'm afraid the donations will be spent on targets and ammo.

Maybe we can recruit some gang members or Home Dopot guys to wear these. That would be much more realistic than watermelons. ;)

This one is $12:

http://www.hollywoodtoysandcostumes.com/cached/15TA456.jpg

So is this one:

http://www.halloweencostumes4u.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000003/3458.jpg

Looks like the $5 masks I saw are not full masks, but half face size... not nearly as cool

nagorb
10-11-2009, 5:47 PM
Man....sounds like fun!
Anyone planning to camp over night (if they even allow camping)?
It's gonna be a long drive back for some of us......

And last I heard BLM don't allow "paid" shoots (please correct me if I'm wrong).
Guys getting together to shoot is fine.
But paying to an organizer to shoot is a no-no.
I'm all for donating to then Calguns Foundation, but we should work out the logistics and how to legally get the funds to the foundation without BLM rangers shutting us down for our good intentions.

BTW....I hope to make it pending work.

As far as I know there is no fee to shoot.

diginit
10-11-2009, 6:53 PM
Hey Na, I think you missunderstood. There is no use of BLM land allowed for financial gain. We should just call this a FUN raiser. Actually. A Hell raiser seems more fitting.

seanbo
10-11-2009, 8:56 PM
I've been shooting at the BLM at Panoche. So, where is this located, how do you get there? Cost? Sounds cool!

seanbo
10-11-2009, 8:59 PM
sorry I did not read the whole thred! I got it now.

diginit
10-11-2009, 9:05 PM
I've been shooting at the BLM at Panoche. So, where is this located, how do you get there? Cost? Sounds cool!

BLM land. Free! Camping allowed, 2 hours from SJ http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/hollister/panoche_tumeys.html

Just pack out what you pack in. It IS cool.

seanbo
10-11-2009, 9:40 PM
Supper cooool!!!! BTW what is the best zombie movie? I would have to put my money on Dead Alive by Peter Jackson. I love that line " I kick @$$ for the LORD!"

WeekendWarrior
10-13-2009, 1:13 PM
WWRTW

WeekendWarrior
10-13-2009, 1:19 PM
WWRTW

evollep3
10-13-2009, 1:41 PM
$50 is a bit much lets make this work come on guys! i will help with the donation and Taylor are you going to the clean up this saturday?

nagorb
10-13-2009, 1:41 PM
Looks like you can count me out.

WeekendWarrior
10-13-2009, 1:47 PM
WWRTW

WeekendWarrior
10-13-2009, 1:50 PM
WWRTW

evollep3
10-13-2009, 1:59 PM
lets do this anyone can come i will help with the supplies and anyone who would like to make a donation of $10 or more will be in a drawing for a prize and everyone can do the zombie shoot for the stock

Baron
10-13-2009, 3:58 PM
I don't think we should do a minimum donation, but we could try and get a raffle together... and anyone who donates is in the raffle and/or shoot... something like that... I sent an email out to a vendor and just waiting for a reply... But if we can't get a raffle going then maybe just donate something and you can shoot

I used to be a member of a SUV club and every christmas we would do a toy's for tots collection... and anyone who brought a toy got a ticket for a raffle... made it fun ande also helped a good cause... That's kinda my line of thinking for this

Just trying to get stuff together for a raffle... just some thoughts...

on a side note,
I did do my tally of target stands and zombie targets...
As it stands right now:
70 Zombie Targets
17 target stands
I may be able to make more stands if funds allow it

r08ert209cali
10-14-2009, 7:35 AM
I am interested although this lands on the opening day of turkey season I believe. we shall see what happens. If I come I will bring a BBQ,fire permit,lanterns(don't shoot lol),2 strobing flashlights,steel target 7 or so fire extinguishers,camp stove, jeep to run out targets.
.204 Ruger
7.62X39
17hmr
.22 rifles and pistol
7mm mag
30/06
12 gauge
9mm
40S&W
.44 mag
.45 ACP

evollep3
10-14-2009, 10:54 AM
hey robert if you need a hand i can help you out and this way if you want we can head out together or something :)

r08ert209cali
10-15-2009, 6:56 AM
sounds good. I have some flood lights as well,but no room in da jeep for them. I still have to see whats up I will be moving soon and the old lady and me are on the rocks.

josh vw
10-15-2009, 2:53 PM
Hi. I'm really interested in coming! Me and my brother are huge zombie/gun fans. This is perfect!

Just bought myself a Mossberg 500a with 28" and 18.5" barrel with full stock and pistol grip. It's my first shotgun, not my first time shooting.

Hoping to head to Panoche Hills for the first time for some BLM shooting beforehand. I'd like to be able to load up more than 1 shell at a time ;)

So I googled directions from my house to Panoche Hills. But once I get there (the main sign).. where do I go for trap shooting and the zombie range later?

Thanks!

Baron
10-15-2009, 3:12 PM
So I googled directions from my house to Panoche Hills. But once I get there (the main sign).. where do I go for trap shooting and the zombie range later?

I don't think anything has been discused yet of exact location of the shoot... That would probably be a good idea to get locked down... LOL
I know there is a usual spot inside that most calgunners go to and meet up(not the one outside the 3rd gate)... Someone has a google map with it saved... Let me see if I can find it.

On a side note There will probably be a raffle. At least I know I'll be recieving some things to add to a raffle... not sure if anyone else, besides me, has had any luck with any vendors yet... Not sure on quantities yet, but I should have some things to give away to people...

evollep3
10-15-2009, 3:20 PM
I don't think anything has been discused yet of exact location of the shoot... That would probably be a good idea to get locked down... LOL
I know there is a usual spot inside that most calgunners go to and meet up(not the one outside the 3rd gate)... Someone has a google map with it saved... Let me see if I can find it.

On a side note There will probably be a raffle. At least I know I'll be recieving some things to add to a raffle... not sure if anyone else, besides me, has had any luck with any vendors yet... Not sure on quantities yet, but I should have some things to give away to people...

I was going to throw in a Magpul Stock for the zombie shoot but if you got other vendors donating prizes then i wil invest in more targets or tannerite for the shoot

josh vw
10-15-2009, 3:28 PM
I don't think anything has been discussed yet of exact location of the shoot... That would probably be a good idea to get locked down... LOL

Haha, guess you're right.

I've just never been to Panoche Hills.

I've only been to Shaver Lake with a group of friends for some good ol' fashioned clay pigeon hand-throwing shotgun shooting.

I'd like to be able to shoot some clay pigeons with my newly acquired mossberg 500a (which I literally pick up tomorrow at 10am) at Panoche without shell capacity restrictions (like at closed ranges) ;)

So I was wondering, when I go to Panoche, is the land past the "Welcome sign" fair game for public shooting? Of course I'd only fire in a safe enviroment (against a hillside, in full view of anyone, etc.)

Baron
10-15-2009, 3:34 PM
I was going to throw in a Magpul Stock for the zombie shoot but if you got other vendors donating prizes then i wil invest in more targets or tannerite for the shoot

LOL well I only got one vendor... Not sure exactly what yet they are sending, maybe a couple of hats, bumper stickers, and window stickers... not sure on quantities yet. I'm gonna call Weekender tonight and see if we can start getting things together... I thought that the Magpul stock was gonna be for whoever got the most head shots or killed most zombies with the best time or something like that?...

But Target stands might be a good idea... I only have 17 full stands, but I have 70 Zombie Targets... so depending on how many Targets we want at one time, right now we are limited by how many stands I have. Mine are like the picture I posted up above

evollep3
10-15-2009, 4:18 PM
PM me on what you think you guys would like for a drawing i can bring some goodies like

Pair of yhm extended take down pins
Prince rear take down pins
BB
wondertool
Pmag
promag
and a foward grip of some kind

Baron
10-16-2009, 9:33 AM
Evollep3 I sent you a PM

WeekendWarrior
10-16-2009, 10:15 AM
WWRTW

WeekendWarrior
10-16-2009, 10:16 AM
WWRTW

Splinter
10-16-2009, 12:23 PM
Damnit, why isnt this closer to me! This sounds awesome!

WeekendWarrior
10-16-2009, 2:20 PM
WWRTW

knucklehead 61
10-16-2009, 10:20 PM
i have tannerite & target stands.
a 1000 watt generator & halogen work lights.

Baron
10-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Then you are awesome... LOL
Just a question how many stands?
I've always said the more tannerite the better
i have tannerite & target stands.
a 1000 watt generator & halogen work lights.

WeekendWarrior
10-17-2009, 2:50 PM
WWRTW

diginit
10-17-2009, 8:27 PM
Hey Tim, You bringing the mobile command center? It sure would beat a bush or a bucket in a tent. LOL

diginit
10-17-2009, 8:49 PM
I think a raffle is a great idea. All the prizes listed sound fantastic. Especially the mags :D. 10 or $20 sounds reasonable. It's for a good cause. The Rangers will probably show up sometime. Legal configurations only. Maybe we can get them to contribute also. We could charge them inspection fees.... $5 per firearm examined and $10 for each 4th ammendment right broken. ;)
The usual spot would work. I could post signs to direct newcomers to the area. Has a date been confirmed? What is the planned time frame? When can I pick up my new AR mag. :) ? J.

BroncoBob
10-18-2009, 1:36 PM
Man, sure wish I could make this one but it doesn't look too good. Damn :taz:

Ghostwheel
10-18-2009, 8:09 PM
Hey guys, Baron and I are going to have a call tonight to discuss the logistics of the shoot. We will talk about everything we need to get, and how we will structure the event.

Current concerns are:
- number of targets
- Flood Lights (or Shop lights) / Generator - I dont see a good way of doing the night time shoot without them
- Overall Amount of tannerite

[/B]

I've got 50+ pounds I can bring out. :D

-Chris

evollep3
10-18-2009, 8:42 PM
I think a raffle is a great idea. All the prizes listed sound fantastic. Especially the mags :D. 10 or $20 sounds reasonable. It's for a good cause. The Rangers will probably show up sometime. Legal configurations only. Maybe we can get them to contribute also. We could charge them inspection fees.... $5 per firearm examined and $10 for each 4th ammendment right broken. ;)
The usual spot would work. I could post signs to direct newcomers to the area. Has a date been confirmed? What is the planned time frame? When can I pick up my new AR mag. :) ? J.

at panoche! yesterday we scouted the area pretty well and the spot i think will be the best is down in the valley area to the right theres 2 sections divided by a little hill and what the game will be is a time of 90 seconds per a shooter and they will need to go around the hill to "aquire" their target and the one with the most head shot or BOOM :43: will win thats how i think we should do it

diginit
10-18-2009, 9:30 PM
That sounds like the usual spot. Is it? Is there a set of tire tracks (not a legal road) leading up the hill? What if there are 2 booms? No. of shots allowed? I run 30's in my SU. A printed list of rules would help clarify this. Just because I believe in fair play. (Don't you wish everybody did?)
I'll bring a small weber with extra space for anyone's whatever as usual. Some extra hot links or burgers. Cokes, chips, Etc. What else do we need for this to happen in good order?

I think Bob should call in sick. Or he will miss alot of fun like I did on the cleanup shoot. Maybe I'll start a poll to this effect.:D

Invisible_Dave
10-18-2009, 10:14 PM
Is there a spot in the area to camp? (ie Rv dry camping)

nagorb
10-18-2009, 10:16 PM
As long as you park within 15 feet of a road you can camp anywhere.

r08ert209cali
10-19-2009, 6:32 AM
As this shoot is becoming more sophisticated it is time to think safety. especially for the night portion. We are going to need some sort of night time standard color to identify each person. such as the neon necklaces you see at night events,perhaps we can tape them to our backs as I am sure most will be all mall ninjad out in camo.
I am by all means not a party pooper but we are now talking action shooter in an open environment and am sure many have never tried that before. We really need an RO with experience at this point.

evollep3
10-19-2009, 10:16 AM
As this shoot is becoming more sophisticated it is time to think safety. especially for the night portion. We are going to need some sort of night time standard color to identify each person. such as the neon necklaces you see at night events,perhaps we can tape them to our backs as I am sure most will be all mall ninjad out in camo.
I am by all means not a party pooper but we are now talking action shooter in an open environment and am sure many have never tried that before. We really need an RO with experience at this point.

i vote rob! lol i will volunteer but i think we should have one more

Ghostwheel
10-19-2009, 10:25 AM

Night time body illumination is a must. Also, a clearly defined range line that only the active shooter crosses.

I very much like the idea of the targets being on the other side of the hill from our staging area. No amount of body lighting will save us if someone trips in the dark with their finger on the trigger.

-Chris

BroncoBob
10-19-2009, 11:10 AM
What ever you guys do, make sure to be on the safe side. Don't cut any corners with regard to range safety. As fun as a night shoot can be, the live range area should be lit up to provide adequate lighting to prevent any injuries. One screw up could shut Panoche down. Just my 2 cents.

evollep3
10-19-2009, 11:15 AM
dont worry bob i will make sure all the RO have whisles and pepper spray for members like nagorb jk

BroncoBob
10-19-2009, 12:43 PM
dont worry bob i will make sure all the RO have whisles and pepper spray for members like nagorb jk

Keep your eye for his buddy in crime that Acorn556 fellow..... lol

Oh yeah that nagorb fellow likes to spray hot brass on you too. Stay to his left when ever possible.

jk
A couple good guys Scott and Mike are.

WeekendWarrior
10-19-2009, 1:12 PM
WWRTW

nagorb
10-19-2009, 2:40 PM
Keep your eye for his buddy in crime that Acorn556 fellow..... lol

Oh yeah that nagorb fellow likes to spray hot brass on you too. Stay to his left when ever possible.

jk
A couple good guys Scott and Mike are.

If I remember correctly I had to kick a few old guys off the range last time, as I was the self designated RO.

Definitely a good Idea to have the staging area protected. Scout out the portion of the range where people will be moving around to find anything that can trip up a shooter.

evollep3
10-19-2009, 3:07 PM
well if anyone want to go there early with me we can set up the range

BroncoBob
10-19-2009, 3:32 PM
If I remember correctly I had to kick a few old guys off the range last time, as I was the self designated RO.
Definitely a good Idea to have the staging area protected. Scout out the portion of the range where people will be moving around to find anything that can trip up a shooter.

LOl, yeah us old guys are really **** starters.......

WeekendWarrior
10-19-2009, 3:36 PM
WWRTW

evollep3
10-19-2009, 3:41 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/Evollep3/panochehills.jpg
now that i looked at the picture we might want to move the parking up hill more just in case people want to do target shooting past the 250+ yards

nagorb
10-19-2009, 3:54 PM
Both myself and Baron will be there to help get things set up before hand with you. Nagorb, you in?

With school going how it is no, but I wont be sure till the week before.

WeekendWarrior
10-19-2009, 4:18 PM
WWRTW

BroncoBob
10-19-2009, 4:24 PM
See you got to anticipate the event. Put an extra hour of studying or work in each night during the week before the shoot to free uop your Saturday. Then you have all day Sunday to do whatever work is left over. No Excuses! The zombies are coming, you going to leave us out to dry?

Hah, now you know nagorb's m o....

evollep3
10-19-2009, 4:25 PM
Hah, now you know nagorb's m o....

hey Bob your in no position to say anything right now as we sit to hold off zombies your at home kicking up your feet! :(

nagorb
10-19-2009, 4:29 PM
That's what I did last week but it still wasn't enough, I was up till 7am Saturday and today doing work and I still have some to finish tonight. And that's only for one class which we have a new project for every week.

Bobs right I like to use school as an excuse:coolgleamA:

nagorb
10-19-2009, 4:30 PM
hey Bob your in no position to say anything right now as we sit to hold off zombies your at home kicking up your feet! :(

Yeah what he said!

BroncoBob
10-19-2009, 4:31 PM

Prior obligations to family trumps any shoot. At least I'll commit when I say I'll be there.

nagorb
10-19-2009, 4:33 PM
I said I was in as long as school didn't get in the way.

nagorb
10-19-2009, 4:34 PM
Are you just sad you didn't get to see me again?

not everyone lives an hour away, which I still hate you for. I have to drive 3 hrs either way.

BroncoBob
10-19-2009, 4:37 PM
I said I was in as long as school didn't get in the way.

Mike all kidding aside. I agree with you school trumps any shoots. Plenty of time in the future for shoots once you get your education. At least you have your priorities in correct order.

nagorb
10-19-2009, 4:40 PM
Its usually not a problem but this semester is an *** kicker.

Not sure how much shooting there will be in the future if things keep going the way they are.

BroncoBob
10-19-2009, 4:43 PM
Its usually not a problem but this semester is an *** kicker.

Not sure how much shooting there will be in the future if things keep going the way they are.

Plenty of shooting in the future.

evollep3
10-19-2009, 4:44 PM

+1 family and school is always #1

evollep3
10-19-2009, 6:06 PM
WeekendWarrior; baron; diginit Pm inbound

WeekendWarrior
10-19-2009, 7:33 PM
WWRTW

nagorb
10-19-2009, 8:31 PM

If calguns, NRA, CRPA etc can stop these dumb laws that politicians keep coming up with.

Baron
10-19-2009, 10:38 PM
Well sems how I just got released from Jury duty in oakland today... Now I really gotta get out and blast some zombies... I almost finished reading "Monster Planet" (A zombie novel) book 3 of 3, waiting in the jury assembly room.

It's awesome to see so many people stepping up to help out... This is going to be fun...
My plan so far is to try and get there early... like 10:00 and start setting things up and plan things out.
I think we need to get a list together of what, and how much, everyone is planning on bringing... like, target stands, targets, ect

Evollep3 pm reply inbound..

evollep3
10-20-2009, 1:33 AM
i just took this from another source

How to make tannerite

evollep3
10-20-2009, 1:33 AM
how to make tannerite

The below information is for educational purposes only. I take no responsibility of its contents. I am not a lawyer or an expert. So if it doesn’t work, or you get in trouble with the law its your own fault. Do not email me questions about this.

Well after a week of people begging me to post the recipe to a "reactive target" I decided to type this up. I was going to have pictures and suppliers listed but the demand for me to post it has prevented me from finishing what I had planed.

This reactive target is very similar to a name brand version already popular to the shooting community. They share some similarities and some differences. My version does not produce as much smoke and only works in enclosed containers of about 10 ounces or more. The trade off is that mine produced a bright flash, which looks cooler.

This reactive target is similar to the popular commercial version (Tannerite) in that it's a binary explosive. Which means it’s made up of two parts, and why it is legal to own.

You must follow all the below rules or else you will be in violation of the law.

Rules:
1. The two parts must be stored and transported separately (in different containers).
2. Once you mix them together you must use them immediately. You cannot mix them together and then drive to the shoot site or store them. This is why its legal to use this mixture. When the two parts are stored and transported separately it is legal. However once you mix them together it is an explosive and must be used on site.
3. Use of the explosive must not harm any one or any thing(except for targets at the shoot site) or be used in any way that is unlawful.

Ok now that's out of the way below is the mixture.

95% AN 5% AL by weight

AN = Ammonium Nitrate
AL = ALUMINUM POWDER

AN can be found online or at a local agricultural/fertilizer store. It comes in a 50lb bags at about 0.27-0.33 cents a pound. Very cheap. Make sure you get the bags marked as

34-0-0

and NOT urea nitrate.

When you purchase the AN in this form its coated with a some stuff that allows it to release slowly so you must prepare it for use. This is very easy to do.

Go purchase a cheap blender (actually buy 2) at Wal-Mart for $13 bucks.

Next fill the blinder about halfway and turn it on. Grind the stuff up until its about the consistency of about table salt. Since every blender is different you will have to experiment with the correct setting to get it correct.

Since AN is actually pretty stable until around 840 degrees Fahrenheit the heat generated in the blender will not set it off. But to be safe do this in a well ventilated area with NO open flames.

Once its ground up I recommend you purchase some of those re-sealable paint buckets sold at Wal-Mart for a few bucks that are air tight.

Store it in this because it is hydrosorbic meaning it sucks up the moisture from the air. You can tell if its absorbed moisture from the air if it is clumped together in hard clumps. If this happens break the clumps apart and dry it out.

Now the AL is just as easy to prepare. You can find it online really cheap at about $7.00 a pound. You want to purchase it in 300-600 mesh but you can save some money by purchasing it in meshes less then 300 and grind it up your self with the second blender you purchased.

It's a good idea not to use the same blender you used for the AN because it can cause contamination.

To grind up the AL fill the blender up about half way. You want to get it to a very fine powder like flour. Since every blender is different you will have to see what power setting works the best.

Once its ground up I recommend you purchase some of those re-sealable paint buckets sold at Wal-Mart for a few bucks that are air tight.

Store it in this because it is hydrosorbic meaning it sucks up the moisture from the air. You cant tell if its absorbed moisture from the air if it is clumped together in hard clumps. If this happens break the clumps apart and dry it out.

Now that you have your two containers one with AN and the other with AL its time to go to the range. Once there to mix it together you are going to need a kitchen scale. You can find these at Wal-Mart cheap.

Start with the following to make sure it works:

100g AN mixed with 5g AL

Using a 20-ounce coke bottle with screw on top works best. Pour the amounts into the container and shake them up until they are mixed together. Remember once you mix them together you must use them at the site. You cannot drive or store the stuff mixed together.

Also remember the formula for mixing:

X * 0.05 = Y

X = Weight of AN

Y = Weight of AL to mix with that amount of AN

50 pounds of AN = 22,679.6185 grams

so using the above formula

22679.6185 * 0.05 = 1,133.980925

1133.980925 grams = 2.5 pounds of AL

So for every 50lb of AN you purchase you will need around 2.5lb of AL.

Now once the stuff is mixed the only way you can set it off is by shooting it with a .223 or above rifle or a number 8 blasting cap. Don't try setting it on fire, it makes a big gooey mess and around 840 degrees Fahrenheit nasty things can happen.

Once you have the stuff at the place you want to shoot it get back about at least 100 yards.

Have fun.

Ok below are some places I found to get the materials online.

E-bay has lots of people selling Aluminum Powder, this is probably the best place to get it.

Ammonium Nitrate can be hard to find locally if you don't live in a state that is primary agricultural. I found it was best to call around to local farm supply stores and ask. If they don't carry it, ask them if they know any one whom sales it. So long as you are not purchasing the stuff in huge amounts most people pay no mind.

You can purchase the stuff online, but shipping can be expensive to some areas.

This place has the stuff, the link goes to 50 pound bags for like $12, there online order cart didn't work for me. But you can call and order it that way with a credit card. Remember you want bags of 34-0-0 fertilizer.

ATF Regs.

17. Are binary explosives subject to regulation under Federal explosives laws?
Until the compounds are mixed, they are not classified as explosives and, therefore, are not subject to control. However, once mixed, binary explosives are “explosive materials” and are subject to all applicable Federal requirements. A person who mixes or combines compounds of binary explosives for the purpose of sale or distribution or for the person’s own business use is a “manufacturer” of explosive materials and must be licensed as a manufacturer under the law. [18 U.S.C. 841(h); 27 CFR 555.11: definition of “manufacturer”]

48. Is a manufacturer’s license required to acquire and mix binary explosives?
If the individual purchasing the binary explosives is engaged in the business of manufacturing explosives, i.e., mixes and uses them in the operation of a commercial business (for example, operating a quarry, or providing the service of removing stumps or boulders from a farm field), then a manufacturer’s license is required.
An individual farmer who merely wishes to mix the binary explosives to remove obstacles from his field and provides no other outside service would not need a manufacturer’s license.
Please note, however: A Federal explosives license or permit would be required to obtain any explosive device, such as detona¬tors, used to initiate the mixed binary explosives. In addition, transportation of any explosive material, including mixed binary explosives, without a Federal license or permit is prohibited. [27 CFR 555.11:

81. Is smokeless powder designed for use in small arms ammunition subject to the explosives storage requirements?
Smokeless propellants designed for use in small arms ammuni¬tion are exempt from regulation under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 40 and the regulations in 27 CFR Part 555. However, it should be noted that persons engaged in the business of importing or manufactur¬ing smokeless propellants must have a Federal explosives license. Additionally, smokeless propellant designed for use other than small arms ammunition is not exempt. Therefore, explosives products such as squibs, fireworks, theatrical special effects, or other articles that may be utilizing smokeless propellants are regulated and must be stored accordingly.

86. Are there storage requirements for oxidiz¬ers, such as ammonium nitrate?
In general, no. However, when a magazine or bin containing ammonium nitrate is located within the sympathetic detonation distance of other explosives or blasting agents, it must be stored in accordance with the table of distances in 27 CFR 555.220.

WeekendWarrior
10-20-2009, 9:48 AM
WWRTW

BroncoBob
10-20-2009, 10:02 AM
I think we need to get the word out a little better about the Zombie Shoot. I might PM people I see in the threads a lot around the general area with invites and see if that can get some responses. Thoughts on this? I wouldn't do it if you guys think that is a bad idea.

PM's are good to use, about 95-98% will respond.

Foulball
10-20-2009, 12:36 PM
If you still need some targets, Law Enforcement Targets, Inc. has some pretty good ones. I've bought from them before and had a good experience.

Linky: https://www.letargets.com/index.aspx

BroncoBob
10-20-2009, 12:56 PM
If you still need some targets, Law Enforcement Targets, Inc. has some pretty good ones. I've bought from them before and had a good experience.

Linky: https://www.letargets.com/index.aspx

Excellent Zombie Targets

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk75/223Bob/zombies_r1_c1.jpghttp://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk75/223Bob/zombies_r3_c2.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk75/223Bob/zombies_r3_c3-1.jpghttp://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk75/223Bob/zombies_r3_c4.jpghttp://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk75/223Bob/zombies_r3_c6.jpghttp://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk75/223Bob/zombies_r3_c3.jpg

WeekendWarrior
10-20-2009, 2:15 PM
WWRTW

BroncoBob
10-20-2009, 6:18 PM
how to make tannerite

The below information is for educational purposes only. I take no responsibility of its contents. I am not a lawyer or an expert. So if it doesn’t work, or you get in trouble with the law its your own fault. Do not email me questions about this.

Well after a week of people begging me to post the recipe to a "reactive target" I decided to type this up. I was going to have pictures and suppliers listed but the demand for me to post it has prevented me from finishing what I had planed.

This reactive target is very similar to a name brand version already popular to the shooting community. They share some similarities and some differences. My version does not produce as much smoke and only works in enclosed containers of about 10 ounces or more. The trade off is that mine produced a bright flash, which looks cooler.

This reactive target is similar to the popular commercial version (Tannerite) in that it's a binary explosive. Which means it’s made up of two parts, and why it is legal to own.

You must follow all the below rules or else you will be in violation of the law.

Rules:
1. The two parts must be stored and transported separately (in different containers).
2. Once you mix them together you must use them immediately. You cannot mix them together and then drive to the shoot site or store them. This is why its legal to use this mixture. When the two parts are stored and transported separately it is legal. However once you mix them together it is an explosive and must be used on site.
3. Use of the explosive must not harm any one or any thing(except for targets at the shoot site) or be used in any way that is unlawful.

Ok now that's out of the way below is the mixture.

95% AN 5% AL by weight

AN = Ammonium Nitrate
AL = ALUMINUM POWDER

AN can be found online or at a local agricultural/fertilizer store. It comes in a 50lb bags at about 0.27-0.33 cents a pound. Very cheap. Make sure you get the bags marked as

34-0-0

and NOT urea nitrate.

When you purchase the AN in this form its coated with a some stuff that allows it to release slowly so you must prepare it for use. This is very easy to do.

Go purchase a cheap blender (actually buy 2) at Wal-Mart for $13 bucks.

Next fill the blinder about halfway and turn it on. Grind the stuff up until its about the consistency of about table salt. Since every blender is different you will have to experiment with the correct setting to get it correct.

Since AN is actually pretty stable until around 840 degrees Fahrenheit the heat generated in the blender will not set it off. But to be safe do this in a well ventilated area with NO open flames.

Store it in this because it is hydrosorbic meaning it sucks up the moisture from the air. You can tell if its absorbed moisture from the air if it is clumped together in hard clumps. If this happens break the clumps apart and dry it out.

Now the AL is just as easy to prepare. You can find it online really cheap at about $7.00 a pound. You want to purchase it in 300-600 mesh but you can save some money by purchasing it in meshes less then 300 and grind it up your self with the second blender you purchased.

It's a good idea not to use the same blender you used for the AN because it can cause contamination.

To grind up the AL fill the blender up about half way. You want to get it to a very fine powder like flour. Since every blender is different you will have to see what power setting works the best.

Store it in this because it is hydrosorbic meaning it sucks up the moisture from the air. You cant tell if its absorbed moisture from the air if it is clumped together in hard clumps. If this happens break the clumps apart and dry it out.

Now that you have your two containers one with AN and the other with AL its time to go to the range. Once there to mix it together you are going to need a kitchen scale. You can find these at Wal-Mart cheap.

Start with the following to make sure it works:

100g AN mixed with 5g AL

Using a 20-ounce coke bottle with screw on top works best. Pour the amounts into the container and shake them up until they are mixed together. Remember once you mix them together you must use them at the site. You cannot drive or store the stuff mixed together.

Also remember the formula for mixing:

X * 0.05 = Y

X = Weight of AN

Y = Weight of AL to mix with that amount of AN

50 pounds of AN = 22,679.6185 grams

so using the above formula

22679.6185 * 0.05 = 1,133.980925

1133.980925 grams = 2.5 pounds of AL

So for every 50lb of AN you purchase you will need around 2.5lb of AL.

Now once the stuff is mixed the only way you can set it off is by shooting it with a .223 or above rifle or a number 8 blasting cap. Don't try setting it on fire, it makes a big gooey mess and around 840 degrees Fahrenheit nasty things can happen.

Once you have the stuff at the place you want to shoot it get back about at least 100 yards.

Have fun.

Ok below are some places I found to get the materials online.

E-bay has lots of people selling Aluminum Powder, this is probably the best place to get it.

Ammonium Nitrate can be hard to find locally if you don't live in a state that is primary agricultural. I found it was best to call around to local farm supply stores and ask. If they don't carry it, ask them if they know any one whom sales it. So long as you are not purchasing the stuff in huge amounts most people pay no mind.

You can purchase the stuff online, but shipping can be expensive to some areas.

This place has the stuff, the link goes to 50 pound bags for like $12, there online order cart didn't work for me. But you can call and order it that way with a credit card. Remember you want bags of 34-0-0 fertilizer.

ATF Regs.

17. Are binary explosives subject to regulation under Federal explosives laws?
Until the compounds are mixed, they are not classified as explosives and, therefore, are not subject to control. However, once mixed, binary explosives are “explosive materials” and are subject to all applicable Federal requirements. A person who mixes or combines compounds of binary explosives for the purpose of sale or distribution or for the person’s own business use is a “manufacturer” of explosive materials and must be licensed as a manufacturer under the law. [18 U.S.C. 841(h); 27 CFR 555.11: definition of “manufacturer”]

48. Is a manufacturer’s license required to acquire and mix binary explosives?
If the individual purchasing the binary explosives is engaged in the business of manufacturing explosives, i.e., mixes and uses them in the operation of a commercial business (for example, operating a quarry, or providing the service of removing stumps or boulders from a farm field), then a manufacturer’s license is required.
An individual farmer who merely wishes to mix the binary explosives to remove obstacles from his field and provides no other outside service would not need a manufacturer’s license.
Please note, however: A Federal explosives license or permit would be required to obtain any explosive device, such as detona¬tors, used to initiate the mixed binary explosives. In addition, transportation of any explosive material, including mixed binary explosives, without a Federal license or permit is prohibited. [27 CFR 555.11:

81. Is smokeless powder designed for use in small arms ammunition subject to the explosives storage requirements?
Smokeless propellants designed for use in small arms ammuni¬tion are exempt from regulation under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 40 and the regulations in 27 CFR Part 555. However, it should be noted that persons engaged in the business of importing or manufactur¬ing smokeless propellants must have a Federal explosives license. Additionally, smokeless propellant designed for use other than small arms ammunition is not exempt. Therefore, explosives products such as squibs, fireworks, theatrical special effects, or other articles that may be utilizing smokeless propellants are regulated and must be stored accordingly.

86. Are there storage requirements for oxidiz¬ers, such as ammonium nitrate?
In general, no. However, when a magazine or bin containing ammonium nitrate is located within the sympathetic detonation distance of other explosives or blasting agents, it must be stored in accordance with the table of distances in 27 CFR 555.220.

Wait a minute, how did I miss this the first time around?

evollep3
10-20-2009, 6:37 PM
old age kicking in? lol it was something with cal guns

nagorb
10-20-2009, 6:47 PM
Yeah I missed that too. Does that mean I'm old too?

BroncoBob
10-20-2009, 6:49 PM
I think someone is messing with my head.................:eek:

nagorb
10-20-2009, 6:57 PM
Haven't you noticed weird things happening to your computer? Maybe someone hacked it:nuts:

evollep3
10-20-2009, 7:17 PM
so whos cooking 200lbs?

BroncoBob
10-20-2009, 8:16 PM
so whos cooking 200lbs?

OK now I know I'm old as I don't have a clue to what you're talking about.....

diginit
10-20-2009, 8:37 PM
Is it weird I think the blond Zombie is hot... Depending on if people are using slugs or not, might bring one home for some fun :Angel_anim:

EEK!

I'd like to shoot Hans. But I'd hate to shoot a woman even if she is a total B**ch. But then again, when I think about my X...... I guess there is a possibility......;) She very much resembles that blonde.

BroncoBob
10-20-2009, 8:57 PM
EEK!

I'd like to shoot Hans. But I'd hate to shoot a woman even if she is a total B**ch. But then again, when I think about my X...... I guess there is a possibility......;) She very much resembles that blonde.

Hey James, bring a pic of your ex and I'll bring a pic of my ex and we'll shoot the **** out of them the next time were both up at Panoche. My ex was the ex from hell. In fact Zombie Roxie looks just like her as I remember her....... nk

Bob

evollep3
10-20-2009, 10:01 PM
boy do we have something in store for you guys :)

r08ert209cali
10-21-2009, 6:36 AM
Ok I am in as turkey season opens on the 14th. Also have a coworker who will be making targets and has a generator. I have some flood lights 2 to be specific.they are good ones two lamps each on a tripod.

Also talked to my Snap-On dealer and he said he would kick in some stuff for the fundraiser raffle. Perhaps gloves and safety glasses and I am working him to give up a streamlight stinger.He is cool. A gun guy. If you need tools pm me and I can give you his info.He services Livermore and Antioch.

We need more people to show.

As far as being an R/O I have no experience but can help out if need be. I have an eye for safety.

Me and my co worker will be there early to help setup.

JamesY
10-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Wish I can go. I'll be targeting dungeness as the season opener is midnight on the 7th. If the date changes for this shoot, I might be in.

Baron, I have a few target stands I made out of pvc. I can give them to you if you need more.

evollep3
10-21-2009, 11:00 AM
what is the head count so far? i know so far its

Evollep3
Baron
WeekendWarrior
diginit
Kahunanaz
Ro8ert209cali +1
nagorb (Maybe?)
Ghostwheel
Knucklehead (Maybe?)
Joshvw +1
MrNiceguy (maybe?)
Jel
Mk3Mitch
Acorn556
Kf6tac
aemergin +friends

How many are actually firm on going i have no clue and if i am missing anyone else

doughboy334
10-21-2009, 11:10 AM
Are you just sad you didn't get to see me again?

not everyone lives an hour away, which I still hate you for. I have to drive 3 hrs either way.

More like 2 hours and 10 - 30 minutes if you trail the speeders going on I-5 and make sure you're not the one leading the pack! ;)

evollep3
10-21-2009, 12:01 PM
iits a hour 45 mins for me

aemergin
10-21-2009, 12:03 PM
I'll go .. and bring a couple more with me most likely.

I have some zombie headshot targets .. I think they are from Zombie Squad's website. I'll copy a hundred or so. They aren't big, just 8.5 x 11 but would be great for close range targets.

I'll bring at least one RC car and try to have a target stand rigged up for it beforehand. I don't care if it gets blasted as long as I get some shots in before hand - and after. :D

.22lr, 9mm, .45, .223 and 12g at a minimum, might bring some others and not sure what my partners will bring.

I have a bright red Jeep, I can help run targets if needed.

I won't have room for work lights, generators, etc.

-Erik

evollep3
10-21-2009, 12:20 PM
For all that is attending for a little sneak peek see below

Zombie hunters Creed

-I am a Guardian of the Zombie Extermination Task Force (ZETF).
-I am a member of the most highly-trained fighting force in the world. Great responsibility comes with this.
-As we are bound by duty to mankind to execute and destroy all Zombies foreign and domestic
-Although our enemy is powerful and merciless, we will not be afraid.
-We will never leave a fallen Comrade no matter what the circumstances.
-Nor will we quit or accept defeat for the faith of mankind.
-We stand ready in dedication to deploy, engage and destroy with our skills against all mindless, unfeeling, undead, who hunger for human flesh.
-We are the Guardians of humanity who protect all ways of life..
-We are ZETF.

I will be having shirts with something with this and something else that will be very very worth your while!

Baron
10-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Evollep3,
There will be a possible 5 more with me... I'm waiting to hear back from my group

JamesY, PM inbound
To bad you can't make it on the 7th man, would be cool to get the team back together... LOL

evollep3
10-21-2009, 12:40 PM
Evollep3,
There will be a possible 5 more with me... I'm waiting to hear back from my group

JamesY, PM inbound
To bad you can't make it on the 7th man, would be cool to get the team back together... LOL

koo if we can get a group of 25-30 people i think we should be GTG

evollep3
10-21-2009, 12:42 PM
also another thing is do everyone want to chip in for like a pot luck type BBQ or do your own thing? everyone will need to either bring plenty of fluids out there

nagorb
10-21-2009, 2:19 PM
Yeah but coming home on 101 you have to be more careful. I don't like taking 5 home when its dark and I'm tired makes me sleepy.
More like 2 hours and 10 - 30 minutes if you trail the speeders going on I-5 and make sure you're not the one leading the pack! ;)

tango5
10-21-2009, 7:04 PM
I am going to mark my calander for this event. Sounds like a lot of fun. I never been out there, let a lone shooting on open BLM land, what are the nesseities that i will need other than guns, ammo, food, and water?

evollep3
10-21-2009, 7:25 PM
something to keep warm if your going to be part of the night shoot

Darklyte27
10-21-2009, 7:57 PM
im a maybe but if i do go ill be going with tango5, so its shoot from afternoon to night?

evollep3
10-21-2009, 7:59 PM
im a maybe but if i do go ill be going with tango5, so its shoot from afternoon to night?

yes sir

nagorb
10-21-2009, 8:02 PM
If I end up going I'll probably be sleeping there.

Darklyte27
10-21-2009, 8:28 PM
It would probably be good to bring 2way radios for communication?

diginit
10-21-2009, 8:39 PM
Hey James, bring a pic of your ex and I'll bring a pic of my ex and we'll shoot the **** out of them the next time were both up at Panoche. My ex was the ex from hell. In fact Zombie Roxie looks just like her as I remember her....... nk
Bob

Now I know why Roxie is posted twice. :D Becky really does look like my X. I destroyed her pics a long time ago. I hope someone brings that target and lets me shoot it. I'll unload a 30. Maybe 2.
It's the next best thing to her being there.....

diginit
10-21-2009, 8:49 PM

And the next day for the hardcores. I'll post pics to prove it happened. ;)

BroncoBob
10-21-2009, 9:53 PM
I am going to mark my calander for this event. Sounds like a lot of fun. I never been out there, let a lone shooting on open BLM land, what are the nesseities that i will need other than guns, ammo, food, and water?

No one ever mentions it but there are no facilities up there. So don't forget about paper products if you know what I mean.

doughboy334
10-21-2009, 10:58 PM
Still debating whether to go.

WeekendWarrior
10-22-2009, 9:05 AM
WWRTW

WeekendWarrior
10-22-2009, 11:27 AM
WWRTW

Agent Akin
10-22-2009, 1:12 PM
Holy cow that sounds awesome! if only it weren't a four-hour drive... that'd make for a heckuva long day...

WeekendWarrior
10-22-2009, 1:25 PM
WWRTW

Agent Akin
10-22-2009, 2:37 PM
Agent, you can camp overnight there.

Please, call me Akin... for some reason it wouldn't let me use my normal name, so I had to add something to it...

Anyway, are there any kind of facilities? I don't mind tent camping but I lost my enthusiasm for digging a hole in order to take care of business a long time ago...

Apologies if this is already covered in this large thread, I haven't read through the whole thing yet... once I'm at home I'll probably go through it all.

I'll also check out the videos... the City blocks YouTube...

evollep3
10-22-2009, 2:56 PM
i think there is i just cant remember extactly where

WeekendWarrior
10-22-2009, 4:20 PM
WWRTW

evollep3
10-22-2009, 4:22 PM
I love how our shoot has spawned imitators all over the State. Zombie Shoots are the New EBRs of the Gun Community!

lol i know but none others have.............................. TANNERITE! WHOOP WHOOP!

evollep3
10-22-2009, 6:13 PM
alright guys got some shirts in the press coming these are rough drafts they will be $20 a shirt and for every shirt bought $5 will be donated CGF

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/Evollep3/shirtfront.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/Evollep3/shirtback.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/Evollep3/textonbackofshirt.jpg

nagorb
10-22-2009, 6:46 PM
No facilities, i just bring a bucket for #2.

Please, call me Akin... for some reason it wouldn't let me use my normal name, so I had to add something to it...

Anyway, are there any kind of facilities? I don't mind tent camping but I lost my enthusiasm for digging a hole in order to take care of business a long time ago...

Apologies if this is already covered in this large thread, I haven't read through the whole thing yet... once I'm at home I'll probably go through it all.

JeffW
10-22-2009, 8:44 PM
PM sent, I may attend.

evollep3
10-22-2009, 8:48 PM
one thing i thought of for the night shooters go to walmart and get 3 glow in the dark sticks that should help

BroncoBob
10-22-2009, 10:05 PM

Sorry Akin, there are No Facilities, dig a hole or find a bush. See below an earlier post of mine.

Originally Posted by tango5

No one ever mentions it but there are no facilities up there. So don't forget about paper products if you know what I mean.

WeekendWarrior
10-23-2009, 7:36 AM
WWRTW

diginit
10-23-2009, 11:13 PM
No facilities, i just bring a bucket for #2.

We can set up a tent and a bucket for the women that want to try to show us up....

Baron
10-24-2009, 12:14 AM
We can set up a tent and a bucket for the women that want to try to show us up....
Now that's what I'm talking about...
but my wife already told me she would rather save her date night for one that didn't involve... Zomies, Guns,and explosions... LOL

I just told her.... Babe what do you expect?

evollep3
10-24-2009, 10:11 PM
hey guys the shirts are here

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/Evollep3/shirts.jpg

tommygunr
10-24-2009, 11:24 PM
I might be able to this depending on funds . I will build some nock down targets and put zombie heads on them . Similar to the Oct. clean up shoot but they will be stronger . Will bring steel as well for long distance shooting.

BroncoBob
10-25-2009, 8:03 PM
hey guys the shirts are here

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/Evollep3/shirts.jpg

Damn, those shirts are awesome! So like buy a shirt get a gun?........:smilielol5::smilielol5:

How much are the shirts?

diginit
10-25-2009, 8:45 PM
Nope, Buy a gun and get a shirt.....:seeya:

diginit
10-25-2009, 8:49 PM
:threadjacked:
This thread has been hijacked......The new one is a poll for attendance:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=234020

If you want to attend the dance:party:

I need another shot.....Goodnight!

BroncoBob
10-25-2009, 9:23 PM
Nope, Buy a gun and get a shirt.....:seeya:

Party pooper........

Next time I see you I tell you about my experience at Coalinga Gun Club this weekend..

evollep3
10-25-2009, 9:51 PM
Party pooper........

Next time I see you I tell you about my experience at Coalinga Gun Club this weekend..

$20 a shirt and $5 of it going to CalGuns

BroncoBob
10-25-2009, 9:52 PM
$20 a shirt and $5 of it going to CalGuns

Excellent price for a sweet looking shirt

evollep3
10-26-2009, 1:31 PM
BTT its coming 2 more weeks also one more thing is i will also have a prizze for the person with the longest travel to this event!

nagorb
10-26-2009, 2:58 PM
BTT its coming 2 more weeks also one more thing is i will also have a prizze for the person with the longest travel to this event!

oh well um I just moved to Arcata:43:

evollep3
10-26-2009, 3:10 PM
this is what im going by for you now :D

nagorb
10-26-2009, 3:22 PM
:detective:

evollep3
10-26-2009, 3:23 PM
did you find out yet if your going for sure yet?

dasmi
10-26-2009, 3:31 PM
Wish this was in SoCal, but you have the support of my organization, the Tactical Zombie Deanimation Team.
http://i35.tinypic.com/16gac89.jpg

nagorb
10-26-2009, 4:08 PM
did you find out yet if your going for sure yet?

I wont be sure until next week, but it doesn't look good.

WeekendWarrior
10-26-2009, 5:43 PM
WWRTW

Baron
10-27-2009, 9:03 AM
Just to let everyone know... there may be a change in venue (Shooting location) it may be a little farther down I5.. Per disscussion with BLM ranger.... I'm gonna check it out this weekend, There may be problems with spot lights and shooting during the night shoot, So I'm checking out another location this weekend and gonna see if it will meet our needs better... So stay tuned

WeekendWarrior
10-27-2009, 10:59 AM
WWRTW

SJgunguy24
10-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Ok no spot lights , i'll bring my NV not mounted to my rifle and i'll bring my hunting license. See coyote, shoot coyote.

evollep3
10-27-2009, 11:26 AM
Ok no spot lights , i'll bring my NV not mounted to my rifle and i'll bring my hunting license. See coyote, shoot coyote.

SJ have i ever told you that i would be your best friend in the whole wide world if you let me play with you NV gear lol

Baron
10-27-2009, 12:34 PM
yeah.. I'm going on Sunday to check out the location... I'll take some pics and stuff so everyone can see it too...

Looking on google maps it almost looks better seems how it looks to be in a valley with hills on 3 sides, one way in and out.

Plus it'll allow me to get some additional footage for the Zombie Shoot Video as well:43:

I'll keep y'all posted
The rangers are being really cool with us, so it only fair to follow some friendly advice... Plus this will make next years Zombie Shoot that much easier to plan and who knows... maybe bigger...LOL
But as it stands right now... this year's ZSF is gonna be a "BLAST!"

WeekendWarrior
10-27-2009, 1:07 PM
WWRTW

SJgunguy24
10-27-2009, 1:30 PM
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. The person who told me about this spot was saying it would be perfect because the terrain provides a backstop all the way around where we are shooting and would let us shoot at different angles, maximizing the amount of shooting we can do at once!

SJgunguy, perfectly fine for you to do in some yotes with your NVGs or optics, but good luck calling them in with the amount of gunfire that will be going on!

Shhhhhhhhh........ not really, who says we gotta be quiet?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wTvKwWXwgpM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wTvKwWXwgpM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SJgunguy24
10-27-2009, 1:36 PM
I have a hook up for old propane tanks too.
Last time I was out there we launched one about a 1/4 mile.

WeekendWarrior
10-27-2009, 1:52 PM
WWRTW

SJgunguy24
10-27-2009, 2:05 PM
By all means, please bring them out with you! Nothing like shooting compressed gas canisters!

Hahaha, maybe yotes like the sound of gunfire and tannerite!

How many pounds of tannerite were used on those yotes? We had the same idea for varmint hunting. Find a big nest of varmints, put 5 pounds of tannerite down, bait it, and then play the waiting game!

I have no clue but I have 20lbs laying around

SJgunguy24
10-27-2009, 2:16 PM
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/SJgunguy24/005-8.jpg
This is one tank we had pre launch.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yXxgd1LPr7s&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yXxgd1LPr7s&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
This was the launch.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/SJgunguy24/008-8.jpg
Post launch and after landing.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/SJgunguy24/010-3.jpg
The crater that was left, if you look closely there is a pair of safety glasses to give a little contrast to the size of the crater. BTW that was only 1 lb:43:

WeekendWarrior
10-27-2009, 2:52 PM
WWRTW

diginit
10-27-2009, 5:34 PM
Lets be real. We will be shooting all day, No animals are going to be around by nightfall.
Let me rephrase that, All the animals will run away to escape the noise before nightfall. Think about it....

WeekendWarrior
10-27-2009, 7:51 PM
WWRTW

diginit
10-27-2009, 8:29 PM
I don't shoot any animal I won't eat. If anyone loses the respect that anything living has a right to live, They shouldn't hunt. To kill something just for the sake of killing is wrong. My 2 sense. But thanks anyways.

nagorb
10-27-2009, 8:36 PM
Thats what I was always taught.

JeffW
10-28-2009, 1:02 AM
I'll be there, shooting targets not animals, day shoot only.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you jokers.

Gio
10-28-2009, 1:26 AM
I want to join in the fun, only thing is I have to be back sometime Saturday night. I want to do a little night firing too :D If possible I will be there all day and some of the night ;) Also trying to pick up the ZETF shirt there at the meet :)

-Gio

BroncoBob
10-28-2009, 6:13 AM
I don't shoot any animal I won't eat. If anyone loses the respect that anything living has a right to live, They shouldn't hunt. To kill something just for the sake of killing is wrong. My 2 sense. But thanks anyways.

Well spoken James, couldn't agree more. :thumbsup:

WeekendWarrior
10-28-2009, 10:23 AM
WWRTW

nagorb
10-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Well spoken James, couldn't agree more. :thumbsup:

I thought you hunt coyotes?

Gio
10-28-2009, 12:49 PM
I like to go to bars and hunt Cougars :thumbsup:

-Gio

WeekendWarrior
10-28-2009, 2:19 PM
WWRTW

JeffW
10-28-2009, 3:33 PM
Cool zombie makeup video:

http://www.break.com/break-originals/other-funny-stuff/make-up-zombie.html

BroncoBob
10-28-2009, 4:49 PM
I thought you hunt coyotes?

I have no problem shooting varmints who distroy crops or predator animals to thin the herds out. One must remember that you must have a valid hunting license to take any animal, game or not.

diginit
10-28-2009, 9:40 PM
Cool zombie makeup video:

http://www.break.com/break-originals/other-funny-stuff/make-up-zombie.html

I don't need any makeup.....Every time I look in the mirror, I'm scared to death.:D

Anyways. I make alot of jokes on this site. It's nice to know that some people know when I am serious. If there is a valid reason to kill. Self defence or the defence of innocent others, including livestock. I have no problems. To take a life to survive is acceptable even in the Bible. (there's a word I haven't read on the net) An eye for an eye. Live and let live is the rule I live by. But both hold equal ammunition.

Gio
10-28-2009, 9:42 PM
I don't need any makeup.....Every time I look in the mirror, I'm scared to death.:D

Anyways. I make alot of jokes on this site. It's nice to know that some people know when I am serious. If there is a valid reason to kill. Self defence or the defence of innocent others, including livestock. I have no problems. To take a life to survive is acceptable even in the Bible. (there's a word I haven't read on the net) An eye for an eye. Live and let live is the rule I live by. But both hold equal ammunition.

I can vouch for his scaryness factor :D Just playing James ;)

-Gio

diginit
10-28-2009, 10:07 PM
I can vouch for his scaryness factor :D Just playing James ;)

-Gio

I can take a joke! Not bad...:stuart:

Baron
10-30-2009, 8:58 AM
OK so I have counted a possible 42 poeple going so far..
At least that's everyone who has posted on the "Are you going" Poll thread

If you are going, and have not yet, PLEASE post in the poll thread
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=234020

I will be sending emails and/or PM next week to everyoone who post in the poll thread with direction to the New possible location. So please if you want to shott in the zombie shoot please post in the poll thread

WeekendWarrior
11-02-2009, 8:43 AM
WWRTW

SJgunguy24
11-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Baron,

Any word on the new spot? How did it look?

My friend and I went by Party America, or whatever the store is called, on Sunday to pick up some halloween decorations. There was nothing to get! I looked extremely hard for something to blow up...

Here is what i did end up getting:

- 5 pumpkins (2 large ones, and 3 medium size ones - Got them all for $10 bucks!) These gourds are extremely fun to blow up!

-1 unicorn pinata!

- 10 Pack of glow sticks with cords (I don't know about you guys, but for the nighttime portion I plan on attaching some glow sticks to myself to make me more visible...

-Picked up some Mall Ninja gear specifically for the event too - I typically would not do this, but it sounded like way more fun to shoot wave after wave of zombies in military like gear.

Did you try a spirit store? They always have halloween crap for sale through Thanksgiving.

WeekendWarrior
11-02-2009, 11:22 AM
WWRTW

BroncoBob
11-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Try Target, RiteAid, Wallyworld etc. There has to be left over Halloween junk on sale for 50% off.

SJgunguy24
11-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Yeah I did try that store as well, I went last Friday. They had plenty of costumes and other junk, but no Halloween props like skeletons or anything like that. I have gone to 3 different places and found prop selection to be extremely limited :(

(I assume you mean a Spirit Halloween). There is one right next to my job, so I have gone over there a few times.

I gotta go by Oakridge mall, there's a party america and a spirit there. I'll take a look, I don't have much money but i'll see what I can do. Unemployment sucks.

Jel
11-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Guys,

I'm looking forward to this meet like everyone else. I want to thank the guys that are organizing it and I hope we have a great zombie killing time.

I'm sure that safety is the number one factor here as there will be a considerable amount of people, guns, and tannerite.

Which brings up the main point of my post.

I have absolutely no problems with tannerite and setting things up to get blown up by it or setting things on top of a tannerite charge in order to launch it into the air. I get a huge kick out of it and I'm sure everyone else does, judging by the amount people are saying they'll be bringing.

However, I do have an issue with anything setup for "launch" at NIGHT. By launch I mean, anything of significant size, that will most probably go up a significant height and it being night, not knowing where it will come down. During the day this isn't too much of an issue as we can all pretty much try and run out of the way.

We've all seen videos of propane tanks, steel drums, etc, shooting hundreds of feet in the air. In some cases, right up, over and landing BEHIND the firing line. I'm sure we can all agree that this poses a big threat to our safety as well as our property (picture a 55 gal drum coming down on the hood of your truck).

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but just looking out for us.

Comments?

evollep3
11-02-2009, 12:15 PM
Guys,

I'm looking forward to this meet like everyone else. I want to thank the guys that are organizing it and I hope we have a great zombie killing time.

I'm sure that safety is the number one factor here as there will be a considerable amount of people, guns, and tannerite.

I have absolutely no problems with tannerite and setting things up to get blown up by it or setting things on top of a tannerite charge in order to launch it into the air. I get a huge kick out of it and I'm sure everyone else does, judging by the amount people are saying they'll be bringing.

However, I do have an issue with anything setup for "launch" at NIGHT. By launch I mean, anything of significant size, that will most probably go up a significant height and it being night, not knowing where it will come down. During the day this isn't too much of an issue as we can all pretty much try and run out of the way.

We've all seen videos of propane tanks, steel drums, etc, shooting hundreds of feet in the air. In some cases, right up, over and landing BEHIND the firing line. I'm sure we can all agree that this poses a big threat to our safety as well as our property (picture a 55 gal drum coming down on the hood of your truck).

Comments?

I am 100% behind you on this one and this has been talked about and the last we spoke of i think we wont be doing much blowing up at night (target head shots was the only thing i was aware of or maybe pumpkin full of tannerite which is great idea someone brought up but i really dont think we are launching anything at all past dawn

Henry47
11-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Guys,

Comments?

I agree. objects should not be falling from the sky at night time. I have no problem with them falling during the day though.

SJgunguy24
11-02-2009, 12:31 PM
I agree. objects should not be falling from the sky at night time. I have no problem with them falling during the day though.

Wear a helmet

BroncoBob
11-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Much good is coming out of the safety discussions. It would be important to make sure all shooters are aware of the rules. Maybe someone could write up the rules for a safe shoot and hand out a copy to all that show up. Also it should be agreed upon to assign a couple of guys to RO duties to keep order and safety on the minds of all if this hasn't been already discussed.

Hope all you guys have a great time and please take lots of pics for posting.

evollep3
11-02-2009, 12:47 PM
bob you think you can meet me on the 5 side on saturday on my way out there that day?
as for safety easy break the rules and i will let SJgunguy take care of you :D

BroncoBob
11-02-2009, 1:20 PM
bob you think you can meet me on the 5 side on saturday on my way out there that day?
as for safety easy break the rules and i will let SJgunguy take care of you :D

PM sent

tango5
11-02-2009, 7:09 PM
How many guys are going to the shoot who are from the east bay area, Concord, WC, P Hill, Antioch, San Ramon, Dublin area? Would it be good to caravan down together, maybe meet up before everyone hits the road at say, Ihop or some place for breakfast, eat, then convoy down together? It eliminates people getting lost and stragglers. We are planning to head out at around 9:30am, and be back later that evening. Who wants to join in? Gio? Baron?

diginit
11-02-2009, 7:56 PM
Diginit,

I thought the same thing, but after talking with the ranger I have been enlightened. In fact, it turns out most of the critters are nocturnal and are active after nightfall. Some of them are stupid enough to not be frightened by loud noises coming from 50 to 100 yards away. There are even endangered types of mice there, just to give you an idea. I was at Richmond range a couple of weeks ago and a cat meandered accross the line of targets on the 100 yard line while people were firing very actively all around. Just saying if you see something dont get tempted... :43:

These are wild animals. They're smart and know how to survive. Not some stupid domestic that is used to the sound because it was raised next door.

nagorb
11-02-2009, 7:58 PM
so whats the deal with the new location?

diginit
11-02-2009, 8:15 PM
Nobody knows. See the "are you attending" thread for more info.

SJgunguy24
11-03-2009, 12:31 AM
This is Barons post about the other spot. Looks perfect to me. As laong as were not in a firefight from the high ground.

Sorry guys I'm fighting a head cold today...

But I did check out the second spot. It's perfect and yes you guys are correct on the location... The driving wasn't as bad as what was posted above. It seemed really really compacted to me and I don't see any reason why a 2wd car couldn't make it. I never had to put my durango in 4wd and never slipped or anything.

BLM did contact us. And yes they did tell us about the need for a permit for this large of a group. They are willing to waive the permit this one time due to us not knowing about it and there wouldn't be enough time to obtain one anyways. BLM is being real cool with us. They do know about everything we are planning for this event and they have no problem with any of it. I have talked with them personally and they actually do like us out there (CALGUNS) because we take out more then we take in and do a good job cleaning the place up. Heck Sunday I took out 2 garbage bags full of old Brass and cassings, plus some old shoes others have left out there. DFG was really the one who was getting worried, but BLM has talked to them and it's all good. Like I said BLM is being really cool with us. So I feel it's only fair to consider a friendly suggestion. Plus the location had a real "end of the world feel to it... Kinda like a "Hills have Eyes" sort of feel.

Here's some pics of the Location from Sunday

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/GORZACK/Shooting/TumneyHills11-01-09021s.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/GORZACK/Shooting/TumneyHills11-01-09018s.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/GORZACK/Shooting/TumneyHills11-01-09019s.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/GORZACK/Shooting/TumneyHills11-01-09009s.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/GORZACK/Shooting/TumneyHills11-01-09016s.jpg

I think this spot would be perfect for the shoot.
There's good backstops all the way around. There's only one way in and out, so no chances of any random person driving through the shooting lanes. Also it will be easy to set up 2 shooting courses in opposite directions at the same time... as long as we have enough RO's...
Lots of room for parking and camping

I have recieve Items for the raffle, so that's pretty cool
But if some people don't want to go to the new location and want to shoot at the usual spot it's all good, I'll return what ever doesn't get raffled off.
I'll have my 17 targets and 80 plus zombies for whoever wants to shoot.
I'll send out emails tomorrow with the exact location, but it sounds like most people already know where it's at

Right now I have to get to bed and get rid of this cold in time for this saturday. So hang tight I'll be in touch people