PDA

View Full Version : Oaktree isnt lookin' so hot...

Paul E
10-08-2009, 9:24 AM
I guess their pistol range shop burned town recently, so they're in the process of rebuilding, which is completely understandable. They're running the shop out of a small portable which isnt horrible, still has a small selection of accessories and rentals.

Unfortunately the actual pistol range is in horrible shape it seems. I remember the targets being relatively interactive, swinging, shooting ducks in a row, and various other targets. Now, none of the targets are swinging, a lot of the steel is broken and its just in otherwise really poor shape especially for the 20.00 range fee. Angeles has a much nicer pistol range at this point.

It was disappointing since Oaktree is super close to my house and usually had the nicest facilities I've seen in my limited experience. Now I think I'll wait to return and hopefully once the pistol shop is rebuilt they'll spend some time on getting the range back to where it was.

radio2
10-08-2009, 9:38 PM
Wow, This is news to me as I also live close to Oaktree, I haven't been there in about 4 weeks.

randy
10-10-2009, 1:09 AM
I hope you let it be known you weren't happy. I know they've been under some extreme conditions but they should still know how you feel.

Millions-Knives
10-10-2009, 1:13 AM
Oh wow, I haven't been there in a month or two but their Clay course is top notch. I'll have to check it out this weekend.

Paul E
10-10-2009, 7:55 AM
It could just be me being picky, but I havent been there in nearly a year and it seems over that year its massively gone downhill.

gunsnrovers
10-10-2009, 10:05 AM
We were there this summer for the Wounded Warrior Shoot. I wasn't aware of the fire. The .22/pistol range was fine when we were there and they were excitedly talking about a proper rifle range by years end and OLL shooters using the facility.

What happened?

Millions-Knives
10-10-2009, 11:35 AM
They were in the process of building the rifle range when I was there. Their pattern board was out of order, possibly gone now in its place.