PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Link - Battery Assist Lever Device‏

Lancear15
10-08-2009, 7:58 AM
Has anyone used this? Think it's worth having?

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/60v56z6pnl4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/60v56z6pnl4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

ChrisO
10-08-2009, 8:05 AM
Same thing as the MAGPUL BAD correct? seems like a pretty practical add on, Im a lefty though so I don't have much of a need for one.

Lancear15
10-08-2009, 8:12 AM
Ya but where can I buy the magpul version? This one is available now.

Merc1138
10-08-2009, 8:12 AM
Looks pretty much identical to the magpul BAD and other similar devices. Yes, it's very nice to have something like that. Even if you aren't doing tactical reloads and what not, it really takes care of the "hand swapping bs" as they call it in the video there. I can lock my bolt back without taking my right hand off the grip or changing which direction I'm pointing the rifle in, I can release the bolt without slapping the side of the rifle(while it is simple to just slap the rifle, this is simple as well, and less... dumb).

Combine this with a tactical latch for the charging handle(or bcm gunfighter, have that too and it's nice) and you make it even easier to operate and take a whole lot of wasted movement out of the operation of the rifle.

slappomatt
10-08-2009, 8:13 AM
being as most on here are stuck with bullet buttons its not very useful. now if you have a featureless build then it would be great. And please buy the magpul and not some lame ripoff.

Merc1138
10-08-2009, 8:15 AM
Ya but where can I buy the magpul version? This one is available now.

alliedarmory.com midwestpx.com bravocompanyusa.com carry them, you'd need to wait till they get it back in stock though. They will get it back in stock. Plenty of other resellers as well.

being as most on here are stuck with bullet buttons its not very useful. now if you have a featureless build then it would be great. And please buy the magpul and not some lame ripoff.

Even with a BB, it makes the operation of the rifle a whole lot less awkward. Like I said, you don't have to be trying for half second tactical speed reloads.

k3nnex
10-08-2009, 8:15 AM
For $30 it is useless with bullet button.

ChrisO
10-08-2009, 8:25 AM
I don't really agree with people saying it's useless for a BB if anything speeds up our reloads then I think it's serving a purpose, As someone stated it takes some of the wasted movement out. Im lucky im a lefty it makes it somewhat easier to reload with the bullet button as I can keep the weapon shouldered with one hand and use my tool with my right and being able to see where im putting my tool.

Juice5610
10-08-2009, 8:45 AM
Has anyone else had any flexing of the lever with the magpul one? A couple of buddies have told me that they get some flexing and have advise to stay away from the polymer ones, any similar experiences?

Lancear15
10-08-2009, 8:49 AM

I would never use a BB, featureless or RAW or bust.

Merc1138
10-08-2009, 8:51 AM
Has anyone else had any flexing of the lever with the magpul one? A couple of buddies have told me that they get some flexing and have advise to stay away from the polymer ones, any similar experiences?

I would advise you immediately visit all of your buddies that have told you this, and bludgeon them with a hammer, they are liars. The magpul BAD is NOT polymer.

Alternatively since they're buddies, ask them to show you their polymer magpul BAD, and then bludgeon them for lying to you when they show you a metal object.

ChrisO
10-08-2009, 9:05 AM
I run BB's I have plenty of pre ban mags mostly for guns I don't have but I still chose to run a BB as I don't want to nueter the gun I love having a collapsable stock and the option of a VFG if I wan't. 10 rounders suck but like I said it's not so bad because I shoot lefty but im ambi so I can keep my left on fire control while tilting the gun and getting the BB with my tool, I usually use a Pilot G2 pen as I always have a pen on me and it is easy to use.

technique
10-08-2009, 10:53 AM

1) The "lame ripoffs" were out long before the BAD..including some made here by our own members and are actually in some cases equal or better than the BAD.

2) A battery assist device has nothing to do with if you have a BB or not. It has less to do with reloading and more to do with clearing malfunctions more efficient.

Lancear15
10-08-2009, 10:55 AM
hmm 100 rounds with no pistol grip, or 10 rounds with anything you want except fast mag changes. Hard to decide.

till44
10-08-2009, 11:18 AM
I wonder when Magpul will be srving these guys for patent infringement. Seems to be a good amount of that going on lately.

BB or not, these devices mainly come in handy when clearing malfunctions. They will speed up your reloads as well. I don't use a BB and have a BAD or Tango5 on all my guns.

Merc1138
10-08-2009, 11:33 AM
2) A battery assist device has nothing to do with if you have a BB or not. It has less to do with reloading and more to do with clearing malfunctions more efficient.

It actually helps with clearing malfunctions with a BB a lot, mostly because it saves you from a few extra movements, which may not sound like much, but saving extra movement when having to fiddle around with a tool in your hand makes a difference. It's not just for the sake of trying to be like this guy

OL4soX9ml2E

mds2004
10-08-2009, 11:37 AM
I wonder when Magpul will be srving these guys for patent infringement. Seems to be a good amount of that going on lately.

BB or not, these devices mainly come in handy when clearing malfunctions. They will speed up your reloads as well. I don't use a BB and have a BAD or Tango5 on all my guns.

Didnt the BTC or whatever its called come out before Magpuls? Also I know there was another one that has been out for years. Its just the new hype now so everyone is getting into it.

technique
10-08-2009, 11:52 AM
It actually helps with clearing malfunctions with a BB a lot, mostly because it saves you from a few extra movements, which may not sound like much, but saving extra movement when having to fiddle around with a tool in your hand makes a difference. It's not just for the sake of trying to be like this guy

Thats true..its still basically the same...either way once say, a double feed is identified...you use the device to lock the bolt to the rear (using the device saves you those extra steps), strip the mag (with tool or without)..if the first offending round falls out with the mag being stripped...work the charging handle till the chambered round is cleared, some people then lock the bolt back again and insert a fresh mag, and use the battery assist again to sent the bolt home...while others insert the fresh mag on a closed bolt and rack the charging handle.

I get funny looks because I use them without a redimag or redimod:rolleyes:

Didnt the BTC or whatever its called come out before Magpuls? Also I know there was another one that has been out for years. Its just the new hype now so everyone is getting into it.

There have been these type of devices used for years in the 3 gun or competitive communities....long before magpul even had a prototype. I ran the phase5 and tango5 long before the BADs were available to us....magpul will probly not go after anyone.

Flying Bones
10-08-2009, 12:09 PM
I'd bet money on Magpul copying ken's "uni-design" before they "went after" anyone.

freakshow10mm
10-08-2009, 12:14 PM
The bobsled guy has been making his for quite some time too.

ChrisO
10-08-2009, 12:32 PM
hmm 100 rounds with no pistol grip, or 10 rounds with anything you want except fast mag changes. Hard to decide.

A lot of members on here are not fortunate enough to have prebans like some of us, Hopefully you can hit what you're aiming at, Just because you have faster reloads doesn't mean you can hit crap. I wonder what the many dead soldiers of Germany would say about you're 10 round MAG BS WW2 was fought with 8 round clips :p.

Lancear15
10-08-2009, 1:12 PM
A lot of members on here are not fortunate enough to have prebans like some of us, Hopefully you can hit what you're aiming at, Just because you have faster reloads doesn't mean you can hit crap. I wonder what the many dead soldiers of Germany would say about you're 10 round MAG BS WW2 was fought with 8 round clips :p.

I can probably spray and pray the extra 20 rounds (10 vs 30) in less time than it takes you to reload once. I've never missed anything closer then 500 yards with 20 rounds. :p

Also you have no idea what my shooting skills are so why even postulate?

Merc1138
10-08-2009, 1:20 PM
Who knows, but battery assist devices/levers/attachments/etc have nothing to do with your magazine capacity or accuracy.

Lancear15
10-08-2009, 1:26 PM
Who knows, but battery assist devices/levers/attachments/etc have nothing to do with your magazine capacity or accuracy.

we where talking BB vs featureless.

Merc1138
10-08-2009, 1:33 PM
Really? I could have sworn battery assist devices had nothing to do with having a BB, or being featureless, in addition to your accuracy and magazine capacity making no difference in the use of a battery assist device.

Josh3239
10-08-2009, 1:54 PM

Apparently this needs to be posted again ^^^

These extended releases primary roles are for locking the bolt to the rear during a malfuction. Releasing the bolt is secondary.

ChrisO
10-08-2009, 3:34 PM
I can probably spray and pray the extra 20 rounds (10 vs 30) in less time than it takes you to reload once. I've never missed anything closer then 500 yards with 20 rounds. :p

I highly doubt you can SPRAY the extra 20 round out of you're SEMI AUTOMATIC faster than I can reload a mag but hey ok. You're right I dont know squat about you're shooting skills, You were obviously being sarcastic with the statement about 100 rounds vs 10 and I am saying that you can have as many extra rounds as you want but I plan on hitting what Im shooting in a lot less than that. I also stated not everyone is as fortunate as us to have pre bans. I was making it clear that I would rather not alter the way the rifle is supposed to be held just for a extra 20 rounds, Yeah it sucks we cant have the extra 20 without changing the rifle but I don't feel it is as much of a hindrance as you make it out to be. I'm not bashing featureless but Ill stick with my BB and if the stuff really hits the fan bad then the free lock gets unscrewed a couple turns and it's time to rock n roll.

dieselpower
10-08-2009, 6:56 PM
Those of us who have our tool on a finger of your glove can still use one.

They are ok, right up until you press up on the lever while pulling the trigger....seen it happen with another design...not funny.

technique
10-08-2009, 6:58 PM

They are ok, right up until you press up on the lever while pulling the trigger....seen it happen with another design...not funny.

What design was that? Sounds more like operator error...

Merc1138
10-08-2009, 7:51 PM

I just checked out of curiosity with my magpul bad.

With my right index finger on the trigger, I can fit my left index finger between the might and the bad, and barely contact the bad. That's 2 full finger widths. About the only way I could inadvertently move the thing while firing, would be to have a glove on that doubles the diameter of my trigger finger, and I would need to be exerting some upward force with my trigger finger while firing to do it. That's one hell of a case of either operator error, or wearing gigantic arctic mittens.

Where do you guys hear this stuff? One person claims someone told him it was made of polymer, and now someone claims they heard one of the many designs can actuate the bolt catch while firing?

technique
10-08-2009, 7:58 PM
perhaps a serious case of sausage fingers...
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll42/technique408/freddy-got-fingered1.jpg

Merc1138
10-08-2009, 8:04 PM
LOL, damn I hate Tom Green, but that movie was pretty funny.

Sausage fingers though... You'd need bratwurst fingers to screw that up.

Wait a second, you know what. I happen to have a bratwurst available. Yes, I'm going to come back and report whether or not an actual sausage finger could cause that. Brb.

Merc1138
10-08-2009, 8:09 PM
With a bratwurst, a layer of saran wrap, and plenty of boredom not only did I dryfire my ar-15, I was unable to actuate the Magpul BAD while pulling the trigger using said bratwurst. Nor with just the bratwurst resting on the trigger did any up or down movement from the aforementioned bratwurst, actuate the BAD.

In conclusion, sausage fingers do not inadvertently actuate the magpul BAD. Severe operator error would be required to actuate it while firing.

Fjold
10-08-2009, 8:11 PM

An aspirin tablet? :D

technique
10-08-2009, 8:22 PM
In conclusion, sausage fingers do not inadvertently actuate the magpul BAD. Severe operator error would be required to actuate it while firing.

Not to mention....Most only lift the firing finger when done with a string of fire. Just removing enough pressure to get to the reset point is all thats needed.

Operator error indeed.

tango5
10-11-2009, 3:10 PM

How is that possible? Unless what you saw was someone operating the lever with their finger inside the trigger well. For those of you that are skeptical about this lever, or the Tango5, or the Phase 5, or the Magpul BAD, you gotta try it before you can make an educated opinion about the idea. For instance, before Magpul released their version, and before Phase 5 (Ken) made his, i was selling the Tango5 EBR (Extended Bolt Release). Its basically the same idea, made differently, looks different, and designed different that any of the others, but in the end, it worked the same. No patent has been issued on Travis Haley's (Magpul) design, and if he did have one, someone can make the same thing as his, change it up a bit like the design or how it bolts to the rifle, and he has no say in it. It has to be an exact replica/clone of his. Thats how patents work.

Also, it doesnt have to do with mag releases, mag capacity, or any of that. It simply removes a few steps from the way you charge the bolt and release it. If you like doing the 3 handed way of charing and locking the bolt to the rear, then you dont need this. If your looking for a way to lock the bolt back and release it while keeping your right hand on the grip and the rifle in the ready position, them this might be something you want to check out. It does make things easier and faster.