PDA

View Full Version : Tapco Stock on saiga

Gun_Fanatic
10-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Just wanted to hear if these stocks are any good cause they are pretty cheap.

Jax Smirking Revenge
10-08-2009, 9:17 AM
Which one are you talking about? The one with the pistol grip attached? If so, don't waste your money. It is a quality part but you will just want to convert your rifle after you get the feel for it with a pistol grip. The ergonomics will be just a bit off and the rifle will be unbalanced with the all in one Tapco stock (not to mention ugly). Do some research until you feel comfortable with the process, then do the conversion. It took me about 3-4 hours total including paint prep and Duracoating (optional).

reidnez
10-08-2009, 9:19 AM
Which one are you talking about? The one with the pistol grip attached? If so, don't waste your money. It is a quality part but you will just want to convert your rifle after you get the feel for it with a pistol grip. The ergonomics will be just a bit off and the rifle will be unbalanced with the all in one Tapco stock (not to mention ugly). Do some research until you feel comfortable with the process, then do the conversion. It took me about 3-4 hours total including paint prep and Duracoating (optional).

:iagree:

IMO the only two options with a Saiga are to leave it stock--which is fine--or do a full conversion. Anything in-between is kind of half-arsed.

Fot
10-08-2009, 10:36 AM

The one piece Tapco stocks can also be used later on a converted Saiga. The pistol grip is juts bolted on. Unbolt it buy a tee nut and now you have the same set up with the new FCG. I guy on the Saiga 223 forum did just that.

I have shot a few Tapco stocked guns Always nice and solid when locked into postion.

stix213
10-08-2009, 2:08 PM
If you aren't doing a conversion, I'm partial to the RAA thumbhole/skeleton stock personally. Some of the rifles are imported with it, and it doesn't trigger 922r. Its the one on my Saiga in my signature pic.

Henry Hill
10-08-2009, 6:01 PM
Are you referring to these?

http://www.thecountryshed.com/TapcoSaigaStock.jpg

Whats wrong with them? They look pretty good

CSACANNONEER
10-08-2009, 6:04 PM
Are you referring to these?

http://www.thecountryshed.com/TapcoSaigaStock.jpg

Whats wrong with them? They look pretty good

Too each his own. But, I think that any AR style stock on any AK looks stupid and silly. You'ld never catch a gun that looks like that in my safes.

Gun_Fanatic
10-08-2009, 6:27 PM
I thought it looked fine too. I'm just not sure about the conversion and the way it shoots now is fine. I just want a vertical grip that I won't have to invest to much money into. Also the gun will look more natural with everything on it like the saiga picatinny rail the front hand guard and the verti grip. this is the rifle with it on cause thats the shotgun.http://ak47armory.com/images/post-14887-1231029279_thumb.jpg

Henry Hill
10-08-2009, 7:26 PM
Too each his own. But, I think that any AR style stock on any AK looks stupid and silly. You'ld never catch a gun that looks like that in my safes.

Yeah, it looks a little strange but not horrible, plus it looks cheap, what stock would you suggest for a saiga?