View Full Version : I just joined the NRA...

10-07-2009, 9:10 PM
...and I don't know why I've neglected to for so long. I really feel a bit guilty for enjoying all the freedoms that others have devoted such time and money to preserve, while failing to do my part. Time to step up and support the only powerful lobby we have.

So, join up if you haven't already. It's $25 for a year and you get a free knife :D

10-07-2009, 9:14 PM
Next, CRPA.:79:

10-07-2009, 9:15 PM
easy pay life ftw

10-07-2009, 9:22 PM
Three years in December here. Looking at life membership easy pay style.

10-07-2009, 9:24 PM
Thank you

10-07-2009, 9:25 PM
Congrats and thanks for being counted.

10-07-2009, 9:44 PM
Reidnez, *FANTASTIC*!!

*We* are the NRA; glad that you see the value in the organization. I hope others see your post and decide to join themselves.

Let's all go kick some gun control ***, shall we? First up: kill AB962/SB585!

Mssr. Eleganté
10-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Thanks for coming on board. :thumbsup: Be sure to ask them to put you on the "Do Not Promote" list if you want to avoid all of the mail they send out.

10-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Thank you.

That +1 number you added to our membership is politically valuable... "everyone and every one counts".

Honestly, if we got NRA membership to consistently hover at 6-8 Million we will OWN the FedGov. Forever. Those numbers'd cower staff/legislators.

Just think: Obama is one of the most anti-gun Presidents ever and we're still in good shape despite him. Congressional/senate seats changed hands and pro-gun seats still remained pro-gun seats, in general.

Yes, court nominees are a worry. That's why we have to drive good cases and good legislation while the "Heller 5" are in good shape.

If we get CRPA to 100K we'll have some good luck in Sacto too.

10-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Congrats and thank you..... You are an example of a person that not only enjoys the freedoms that the NRA defends but knows that you must give back so that both you and others can enjoy those freedoms as well.

10-07-2009, 10:51 PM
I think Obama is too politically savvy to push any real gun control measures forward, but we'll see. It seems to me that as an issue, it has lost some steam with the left as of late. Maybe they feel defeated, watching the federal AWB die a glorious death and the list of shall-issue CCW states rise to 40 (and simultaneously watching violent crime rates fall--oops!) :D

On the other hand, there is likely no other issue that more effectively unifies the right (including Libertarians like me) than gun-grabbing laws. The Dems know this and likely don't want to touch it with a 10' pole. The NRA does have some serious power, and it's the right kind of the power because it is genuinely citizen-driven.

I'm guessing that the Obama camp has looked at gun control from a pure cost/benefit analysis, and decided they'd lose more political capital than they stand to gain. And we need to keep it that way.