PDA

View Full Version : AR-10 Finally Finished

skkeeter
10-07-2009, 9:04 PM
Aero lower, Armalite AR-10(T) upper from http://www.762sass.com/catalog.php?session=8d22eb10c9021738fdd82dd4c918ce 06
I think I got the last one for now. Bushnell glass, Armalite one pice scope mount, and Voltor Emod stock. This thing sure is heavy, but I can't wait to see how it shoots. I had some doubts about the Armalite upper, but not anymore. I slapped on my hunting Harris bipod for the pics and plan to get a shorter version soon. This thing is built like a tank. Range report to come.

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq65/pablo4surf/IMGP1408.jpg
http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq65/pablo4surf/IMGP1412.jpg
http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq65/pablo4surf/IMGP1410.jpg

technique
10-07-2009, 9:10 PM
Nice. When you get rid of that upper, give me a PM!

Flying Bones
10-07-2009, 9:13 PM
Very nice. I'm jealous...someday...someday...
so how's it fly?

The helicopter that is...

JTROKS
10-07-2009, 9:18 PM
Ahhhh... that is awesome. Can't wait for the range report.

fliparch
10-07-2009, 9:20 PM
That is SWEEEEET! Congrats.

slick_711
so how's it fly?

Odd, I was wondering how good he is with that bow.

Good lookin rifle Skkeeter, glad you're finished with it!

skkeeter
Nice. When you get rid of that upper, give me a PM!

Now why would I want to sell it, I just got it:D I suppose if it shoots like my SocomII, then you might just receive a pm.

so how's it fly?

My Blade CX2 is the shizzznits. My dog wants to kill it:43:

technique
10-07-2009, 9:23 PM
Now why would I want to sell it, I just got it:D I suppose if it shoots like my SocomII, then you might just receive a pm.

Ha, I misread your post....you want to get a shorter bipod, not upper. I thought you wanted a shorter upper....Hahaha.

nosmatt
10-07-2009, 9:25 PM
Bring on the F'N Zombies already!

220RR
10-07-2009, 9:28 PM
nice....

Jpach
10-08-2009, 12:49 AM
Nice SKeet Skeet, give us a range report ASAP! Im happy for you that you are now in the .308 AR club, you wont be disappointed. Itl spank the **** out of your SOCOM II. Or else.

Solidsnake87
10-08-2009, 1:09 AM
I'm jealous you have an upper. I have been waiting for some stripped uppers from armalite for about a year now............

swerv512
10-08-2009, 5:05 AM
:drool5:
Nicely put together.....
Now hurry up and shoot it!

viras
10-08-2009, 1:38 PM
I absolutely hate you. :mad:

I was gonna buy that upper, but you beat me to it, probably by a few minutes.

ARGHHHHHH! - I regret not clicking on the "Buy It Now" button...

I was going back and forth between that upper on 762sass and a Noveske Upper on Riflegear. At the time, there was an error on Riflegear's site which made it look like they had a Noveske 18" in stock, but they didn't. :( And then when I went back to 762sass, you beat me to it.

I actually punched myself.

You sir, suck.

Congrats on the beautiful build though! Are you gonna shoot any cheap ammo out of it, like Wolf? I'd be interested in your results if you do so; keep us posted!

C.G.
10-08-2009, 4:00 PM
Nice built, but where is that range report? It's been almost 24 hours already.

Q
10-08-2009, 4:17 PM
Looks like a handy and practical build. Emod and grip look good on it.

skkeeter
10-08-2009, 4:29 PM
I absolutely hate you. :mad:

I was gonna buy that upper, but you beat me to it, probably by a few minutes.

ARGHHHHHH! - I regret not clicking on the "Buy It Now" button...

I was going back and forth between that upper on 762sass and a Noveske Upper on Riflegear. At the time, there was an error on Riflegear's site which made it look like they had a Noveske 18" in stock, but they didn't. :( And then when I went back to 762sass, you beat me to it.

I actually punched myself.

You sir, suck.

Congrats on the beautiful build though! Are you gonna shoot any cheap ammo out of it, like Wolf? I'd be interested in your results if you do so; keep us posted!

I can't believe nobody else bought it before I did??? It was in stock for almost a week. Luck of the draw I guess. I feel for you though, sorry;) I would have bought a Noveske if I could have instead of the Armalite. Riflegear screwed you inadvertently on this one:( But as I understand it, nobody even knows if and when they will make them again. Again, I am really impressed with how well the upper is put together. It's so solid and hefty that it makes my 5.56 AR's feel like airsoft's. I won't be running any Wolf through it at all. The cheapest Ammo I'm goping to run through it is some really old Winchester Ammo that I got from Bombadillo for .50 cents a pop (OH YEAH). The rest will be my reloads as I have 10 Lbs. of Varget for this very rifle. I reserve my Viht N550 for my Remy LTR. Range results will have to wait another week as I'll be to busy to make it to the range this Sunday. Happy shooting,
Skkeeter