PDA

View Full Version : Converted Saiga 922r compliance

geronimo2012
10-07-2009, 8:43 PM
I plan on perchasing a Saiga rifle in the near future and I plan on doing a full conversion on it. If I add a Tapco side folding stock, pistol grip and forend will this bring the rifle under 922r compliance?

Rukus
10-07-2009, 9:15 PM
http://thegunwiki.com/Gunwiki/BuildAkVerifyCompliance

Fot
10-07-2009, 10:14 PM
I plan on perchasing a Saiga rifle in the near future and I plan on doing a full conversion on it. If I add a Tapco side folding stock, pistol grip and forend will this bring the rifle under 922r compliance?

http://thegunwiki.com/Gunwiki/BuildSaigaVerifyCompliance

This ones just for the Saiga. You're short one part. Plus a mag lock if in Cali

SJgunguy24
10-07-2009, 10:19 PM

Do you plan on moving the fire control group, or just planning on screwing one of those TAPCO stock/ pistol grip combos to the rifle?

Fot
10-07-2009, 10:19 PM

Ok reading again if you do the conversation with a new FCG then you would be ok with adding one more part ( stock or Forend).. Also I think if using a folding stock you will need to purchase a 20" barrel to keep with the length requirements. Not %100 sure so double check.

geronimo2012
10-07-2009, 11:16 PM
Do you plan on moving the fire control group, or just planning on screwing one of those TAPCO stock/ pistol grip combos to the rifle?

I'll be moving the fire control group. I don't like the look of the Tapco stocks made specifically for the saiga. Plus I don't think a mag lock would work with one of those since all the locks i'v seen use the trigger gaurd as an attachment point.

SJgunguy24
10-08-2009, 2:35 AM
I'll be moving the fire control group. I don't like the look of the Tapco stocks made specifically for the saiga. Plus I don't think a mag lock would work with one of those since all the locks i'v seen use the trigger gaurd as an attachment point.

OK good, that will take care of 3 items for your 922r. Now I would look at USA buttstocks, with the FCG moved forward it'll be a bit of a reach if you keep the factory stock.
That will equal 4 parts that count for 922r compliance. Your GTG just like that.
The Saiga rifle only has 14 parts that count. There is no pistol grip, and no muzzle device.

Gun_Fanatic
10-08-2009, 7:34 PM
if you get a american made saiga magazine then that counts for three parts then you only need one more.