View Full Version : Sad News... Steel Sadness

Mr Twisted
10-07-2009, 6:27 PM
umfaan Search for posts by this member.

Posted on: Oct. 07 2009,17:41 on the SSA forum
There is no easy way to make this announcement, but Ron has asked Flora and me to do a quick post on the forum. He will send out an email to all shooters shortly.

Nora passed away last night around 9pm, at the age of 58.

Nora was rushed via 911 to St Jude Medical center Monday afternoon around 4 Pm due to shortness of breath. The Liver/ gallbladder cancer she been treated for came back with associated other complications. Nora decided for the most part to not under go thru the extremely painful treatment for the second time with only the expectation of buying her a few more months.

Ron, Jim Robison and wife Susan was there with her as she drew her last breath and she went quickly and in peace.

Nora was a extremely strong woman who lived an amazing life. She was the heart of SSA and introduced many new shooters, us included, to the sport. The memories of her and her friendship will always be remembered.

Our deepest condolences to Ron and the SSA family. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Shooters wishing to know the final arrangements go to www.ssashooter.net

10-07-2009, 9:24 PM
Hi Ron,

I wanted to express my condolences on the passing of your wife, Nora. She has been in my thoughts since I heard about her cancer shortly after meeting her, and especially Tuesday night while at the man vs. man shoot. I, unfortunately, only had the pleasure of chatting with her at a few of the steel challenge shoots, but I remember her as a sweet, kind, lady who took pleasure in helping others to enjoy themselves at the events that the two of you worked so hard to put together. I have enjoyed spending time with and getting to know you and the other members of your club. I only wish I could have known Nora better. I am saddened that she has left us and I canít begin to imagine how difficult this must be for you. You should know that you are also in my thoughts. If there is anything at all that I could do to make this time easier on you, or less stressful, please just let me know. I am here for you if you need a friend.

Take care buddy,

10-08-2009, 6:23 PM
Both Nora and Ron were (and I suspect Ron will continue) very influential in getting people (including myself) into the shooting sports. It was their XD factory match that introduced me to the great venue the two of them created for the local shooting community to congregate. It always brought a smile to my face to see her pile all her and Ron's dogs into the golf kart when she made the rounds to keep us all in line at the Steel Madness matches. I'll never forget her yelling at a pair for shooting some tannerite at her match one weekend. Man did they deserve it, and it cracked me up to see these grown men knowing they were in trouble when Nora showed up in her kart. Rest in peace Nora, you and your efforts will be missed.

10-09-2009, 7:26 AM
oh man, what a tragedy.... I dont know her but may God bring peace in here family.

Guns R Tools
10-09-2009, 9:23 AM
Ron, sorry to hear that.
I only met her couple times.
She was always kind and thoughtful. She will be missed.

10-09-2009, 10:55 AM
RIP :(

10-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Our prayers & condolences go out to you & your family Ron!

10-10-2009, 5:06 PM
RIP Nora :( I had the opportunity to meet her once last year for the Christmas Pot luck when I tried out Steel Madness for the first time. I would like to send my condolences.

10-10-2009, 6:16 PM
I met your wife Nora when I was active with SSA. Kindly accept my deepest sympathy and may god bless her soul.

10-10-2009, 8:38 PM
Got to shoot w/ her at the Kill House. My deepest condolence to you Ron.

10-21-2009, 5:12 PM
My condolences to you and the family. I have only spoken with her a couple of times and she was always very happy.