PDA

View Full Version : Mosin-Nagant from Big 5

JustGone
10-07-2009, 4:54 PM
Hey guys this might be a dumb question but after searching I couldn't find a good answer on it. If I buy a mosin-nagant from Big 5 is it a C&R and do I have to wait the 10 days or do I get to walk out with it?

P.S. I have been living in a free state for a while and am not fully up on all the weird laws here in Cali anymore Thanks guys

5hundo
10-07-2009, 5:00 PM
You have to wait the 10 days because they are an 01 FFL...

Brianguy
10-07-2009, 5:07 PM
I think if you get the CA Certificate of Eligibility you can take it when you buy. Can someone else confirm this?

JustGone
10-07-2009, 5:08 PM
Ahh thanks for clearin that up for me :thumbsup:

JustGone
10-07-2009, 5:09 PM
I think if you get the CA Certificate of Eligibility you can take it when you buy.

You have peaked my interest...

Brianguy
10-07-2009, 5:12 PM
You have peaked my interest...

Look for threads titled CoE for further on it. I don't know if the cash n carry applies specifically to c&r or long guns or all firearms. Since you're buying in the state from an FFL in CA you still have to dros it (i think)

courteousgavin
10-07-2009, 5:34 PM
Just buy one from a private party in the Calguns classified section. Mosin-Nagants are cash and carry in California if you buy them from a private party who is also from California. Looks like plenty for sale in the Calguns classified forum. :whistling:

Brianguy
10-07-2009, 5:35 PM
Just buy one from a private party in the Calguns classified section. Mosin-Nagants are cash and carry in California if you buy them from a private party who is also from California. Looks like plenty for sale in the Calguns classified forum. :whistling:
got one for sale? :D

Gunaria
10-07-2009, 5:40 PM
got one for sale? :D

I will next week. I just have to go test fire it first.

reidnez
10-07-2009, 5:50 PM
You need both an 03 FFL (C&R) and a COE in order to cash-and-carry a C&R from an 01 FFL.

Even though it's legal, many FFL's will choose not to honor it and still make you wait 10 days. As stated before, your best bet is probably to check around the "for sale" section. They are very common and pop up all the time.

Still, don't let that dissuade you from getting a C&R and COE--they are invaluable if you're looking to build a collection. It just isn't worth the paperwork and wait for one transaction, when you can just as easily buy one cash-and-carry from a Calgunner.

ship12
10-07-2009, 5:51 PM
I think with a C&R License, there'd be no wait. TBH, It'll cost more to get the lisense then pay for DROS and let the 10 days expire.

tow4dough
10-07-2009, 10:52 PM
as said many times before... 03FFL + COE = cash and carry on C&R eligible (long guns only) in the PRK.
our big 'ol 5 will honor that here because the manager is hip to it. not all are maybe?
i havent bothered with the COE because it's super easy to just order one from an out of state vendor that doesn't mind dealing with CA residents---
a lot less arguing our point,cuz eveyone is so friggin paranoid they might be commiting a felony....

TRICKSTER
10-07-2009, 11:00 PM
as said many times before... 03FFL + COE = cash and carry on C&R eligible (long guns only) in the PRK.
our big 'ol 5 will honor that here because the manager is hip to it. not all are maybe?
i havent bothered with the COE because it's super easy to just order one from an out of state vendor that doesn't mind dealing with CA residents---
a lot less arguing our point,cuz eveyone is so friggin paranoid they might be commiting a felony....

03FFL + COE = cash, DROS any carry on any 50+ year old C&R eligible long or hand gun. It also exempts you from the 1 a month modern handgun restriction.

Mssr. Eleganté
10-07-2009, 11:06 PM
03FFL + COE = cash, DROS any carry on any 50+ year old C&R eligible long or hand gun.

It also works on C&R handguns and long guns that are less than 50 years old. :)

Flintlock Tom
10-08-2009, 4:09 PM
If this is the direction you want to go (C&R collecting), by all means at least get a C&R FFL. $30 for 3 years.
My last MN came from J&G Sales in Arizona. I ordered it online on Tuesday and it was on my porch on Friday. $94 total.

What are you waiting for?!
:D

JustGone
10-08-2009, 5:56 PM
I checked the requirements on a C&R License, since I love old rifles and want to get into collecting them. Butttt I it says you have to be 21? :(

I am not old enough :(

So guess I'll be stickin to PPT of C&R long guns

Mssr. Eleganté
10-08-2009, 6:13 PM
So guess I'll be stickin to PPT of C&R long guns

Don't let the 10 day wait at Big 5 turn you off. They have good prices on C&R rifles and you get to inspect the rifle first.