PDA

View Full Version : How soon?

bladerunner67
10-07-2009, 4:52 PM
I just purchased a Glock 30 via PPT, waiting for the 10 day dros to end. After telling my brother of my purchase he informs me that he's been looking for a Glock 30 and wants to purchase it from me. How soon after I take possession of the Glock 30 can I sell it to him with raising any eyebrows at the BATF? Also, I sold a gun in September via PPT and one this month via PPT. Will this raise any red flags?
Thanks in advance,
Dan in Kalifornia

Capt. Speirs
10-07-2009, 9:23 PM
Somebody smell straw burning?

bladerunner67
10-07-2009, 9:32 PM
Sorry to dissapoint you, but no, it's no straw purchase dude!
Dan in Kalifornia

Capt. Speirs
10-07-2009, 9:37 PM
Sorry to dissapoint you, but no, it's no straw purchase dude!
Dan in Kalifornia

No disrespect meant here, just a peek at what the state and federal people look for in these forums. Ask the FFL you bought it from, not here where the whole world is watching.

That is what the ATF is looking for; "buy a handgun and turn around and resell it."

pdq_wizzard
10-07-2009, 9:46 PM
No disrespect meant here, just a peek at what the state and federal people look for in these forums. Ask the FFL you bought it from, not here where the whole world is watching.

That is what the ATF is looking for; "buy a handgun and turn around and resell it."

so long as he is not po po and doing off list hand guns, I don't see how it would raise anything, it is just another background check....

also I think there is a limit on the # of hand guns you can sell in a year with out an FFL.

bladerunner67
10-07-2009, 9:57 PM
I guess I should have checked their website first, but thought I could get a quicker answer here and save me self some time trying to weed through their BS.
Thanks,
Dan in Kalifornia

Peter W Bush
10-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Do you really legally have to do a PPT if youre selling a handgun to your own brother?

kemasa
10-08-2009, 8:56 AM
The limit of firearms transactions, not the number of firearms, is 6.

The transfer would have to be done as a PPT, so any strawman issues is moot. Only grandparent/parent/child transfers can be done without a PPT, but the form needs to be filled out for handguns, so again, no strawman issues.

bladerunner67
10-08-2009, 3:48 PM
thanks for the replys.
Dan in Kalifornia