PDA

View Full Version : Garand Parts Kits

5hundo
10-07-2009, 3:43 PM
Anyone know where I can get one right now?

Sarco doesn't seem to have them anymore and a google search and paroosing of the normal sites didn't yield anything. Is everyone sold out at the moment?

campperrykid
10-07-2009, 7:07 PM
The last big batches of "parts kits" happened when the Clintons blocked the return of Garands & Carbines from allies. So the recievers got chopped in 3 pieces , and the remains could be imported. The gun-grabbers were really proud of that.
Not many kits left from the "bad old days".
I built two Italian Typo 2 7.62x51 conversions on CMP recievers back then.

Iknownot
10-07-2009, 8:18 PM
You call orion 7? If he doesn't have the parts he might be able to point you in the right direction.

rjf
10-07-2009, 9:18 PM
ask in the CMP Garand forum

thefifthspeed
10-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Dupage was the parts kit source for the longest time but it looks like they have dried up.

I've got a complete parts kit (with lockbar sights) sitting around that I am willing to sell or trade but I'm not sure how much the going rate for them is. If you are interested shoot me an offer.

5hundo
10-08-2009, 1:23 PM
Dupage was the parts kit source for the longest time but it looks like they have dried up.

I've got a complete parts kit (with lockbar sights) sitting around that I am willing to sell or trade but I'm not sure how much the going rate for them is. If you are interested shoot me an offer.

PM sent...