View Full Version : 50 year old handgun from out of state?

10-07-2009, 3:15 PM
I need some help from experienced Calgunners. I would like to purchase a 50 year old S&W Highway Patrolman Revolver from out of state. I do not have a C&R FFL. Can I use an out of state FFL to Cal FFL transfer, even though the gun is not on the DOJ safe gun list?

10-07-2009, 3:23 PM
you can have anybody ship it to your local FFL to have it transfered, either an out-of-state private party or an out-of-state FFL.

Your FFL would DROS it to you as a roster-exempt transfer due to the handgun being an C&R firearm due to its age. Your FFL may need you to prove to your FFL that the fiream is 50+ years old, and therefore C&R.