PDA

View Full Version : Write Arnold-Internet Ammo sales about to stop in California

anamericanstandard
10-07-2009, 2:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cyww1oDuTU&feature=sub

PLEASE WRITE NOW!!!!

spotter1
10-07-2009, 5:03 AM
Make sure you use the word VETO if Arnold doesn't sign it will be law, it must be VETOED!!

fliparch
10-07-2009, 5:09 AM
Here's an easier way to express your opinion on the AB962 Ammo Ban.
Call the Governor directly!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=223807

I've already called a few times and have sent emails to friends of mine. Do the same!

Rick530
10-07-2009, 6:28 AM
I've called many many times, emailed and handed out flyers. Keep your fingers crossed.

reidnez
10-07-2009, 7:02 AM
I've written a couple times and have been calling every day since I first read about this, let's keep our fingers crossed.

I know a lot of us won't be able to afford to enjoy our sport nearly as much without the availability of online bulk ammo...

Rick530
10-07-2009, 7:23 AM
I've written a couple times and have been calling every day since I first read about this, let's keep our fingers crossed.

I know a lot of us won't be able to afford to enjoy our sport nearly as much without the availability of online bulk ammo...

People will still get there ammo in bulk. They'll just have it shipped to someone out of state.

reidnez
10-07-2009, 7:45 AM
People will still get there ammo in bulk. They'll just have it shipped to someone out of state.

Well that's true. But for me to find someone in Nevada or Arizona who will receive the ammo, and for me to drive several hours round-trip to pick it up each time I want to replenish the stores...that will be a significant extra expense.

You do bring up an interesting question. If the retailer sends ammo to my friend, and he slaps on a new shipping label and sends it to me...is it still mail-order ammunition sales or is it my friend sending me a gift? After all, he could put it in his car and drive over the state line without breaking any laws, yes?

EDIT: read the bill itself. "the delivery or transfer of ownership of handgun
ammunition may only occur in a face-to-face transaction, with the
deliverer or transferor being provided bona fide evidence of identity
of the purchaser or other transferee"

So, that answers my question and it's a "no." You can still physically buy ammo out of state and drive it in, or have it shipped to a friend and have him drive it in, but he could not mail it to you.

Sounds like the Post Office and UPS are going to have their work cut out for them. Can we say...unenforceable??

Cal-Irish
10-07-2009, 7:49 AM
Are you seriously content with having to do that?

reidnez
10-07-2009, 7:49 AM
Ok, I'm reading the darned thing now. Full text of AB962 for anyone else who is curious:

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/asm/ab_0951-1000/ab_962_bill_20090921_enrolled.html

They are calling it "Anti-Gang Neighborhood Protection Act of 2009." YES, seriously. :53:

problemchild
10-07-2009, 8:32 AM
Email / Voice mail get erased and NO ONE is listening.

You need to CALL and talk to a LIVE PERSON!

BE NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sd_shooter
10-07-2009, 8:41 AM
Email / Voice mail get erased and NO ONE is listening.

You need to CALL and talk to a LIVE PERSON!

BE NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh, and how do you get to talk to a live person?

chsk9
10-07-2009, 8:58 AM
I try to call every day- press '0' and you get a live person who will write down your request that these bills be vetoed.

Rick530
10-07-2009, 9:16 AM
Are you seriously content with having to do that?

HELL NO!!! But I'll do what I have to do.

k1dude
10-07-2009, 10:14 AM
I've tried to call many times and all I ever get is a busy signal.

Jimmy Deuce
10-07-2009, 1:52 PM
Anyway to email the Arnold??

Youngearth
10-07-2009, 2:21 PM
Eh, and how do you get to talk to a live person?

Just like stated above. Call 916-445-2841 and push zero. I got the privilege of speaking to a young lady who sounded like I woke her up and stated that the Governor had not made any comment on either AB962 or SB585.

Shizam
10-07-2009, 2:26 PM
Is this a ban against all ammo sales or certain classes of ammo via the internets?

Rick530
10-07-2009, 2:32 PM
Just like stated above. Call 916-445-2841 and push zero. I got the privilege of speaking to a young lady who sounded like I woke her up and stated that the Governor had not made any comment on either AB962 or SB585.

I have a feeling were screwed... :mad:

reidnez
10-07-2009, 2:44 PM
I have a feeling were screwed... :mad:

Maybe I'm being too hopeful, (though that isn't my nature) but I really think there is a chance he will knock this down. I'm not a Republican, but from what I understand there is a lot of sentiment within the GOP--especially within the base--that Arnold is a bit of a turncoat, not a real conservative. This is a huge issue and he stands to either bolster or alienate his base with this decision.

Of course, let him veto it and in about five seconds we'll see Democratic campaign ads to the tune of "Arnold Schwarzennegger vetoed a bill which would have kept handgun ammunition out of the hands of criminals!" Or some such nonsense--that is politics.

We'll see what happens.

anamericanstandard
10-07-2009, 4:15 PM
Anyway to email the Arnold??

http://gov.ca.gov/interact

Shizam
10-07-2009, 4:47 PM
Ooooh k, reading the bill it looks like this is related only to handgun ammo sales... Not that I'm saying 'well screw it' though because next they'll be coming after rifle ammo, which will hit me.

anamericanstandard
10-07-2009, 5:05 PM
Ooooh k, reading the bill it looks like this is related only to handgun ammo sales... Not that I'm saying 'well screw it' though because next they'll be coming after rifle ammo, which will hit me.

If this is not vetoed, it wont stop there... Rifle ammo next... a little at a time and you have nothing

X-NewYawker
10-07-2009, 5:15 PM
I've called many many times, emailed and handed out flyers. Keep your fingers crossed.

Ditto. The budget is so bad, I'm afraid Arnold will cave to Dems in exchange for concessions. Damn!