PDA

View Full Version : Email and Complain to KFI's News director

uzigalil
10-06-2009, 9:13 PM
http://kfiam640.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=153218&article=6121269

Check out there report on the Ammo Ban and Write there News director to complain.

Chris little news director

Shannon Farren is the reporter

KFINEWSDIRECTOR@KFI640.COM

They'll listen

gunsmith
10-06-2009, 10:20 PM
I doubt they'll listen to a letter writer that can't spell "their"
;-)

obeygiant
10-06-2009, 10:45 PM
From the KFI Contact us (http://kfiam640.com/pages/Station.html?feed=128007&article=447631)page

KFI AM 640
3400 W Olive Ave Ste 550
Burbank CA 91505

Business Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM

Main: (818) 559-2252
Programming: (818) 566-6476
KFI Newsroom: (323) CALL-KFI (225-5534)
Listener Line: (800) 520-1KFI (1534)

How can I register a formal complaint about a show?
KFI AM 640 Programming
Write: 3400 W Olive Ave Ste 550, Burbank CA 91505
Email: Robin Bertolucci (programming@kfi640.com), Program Director, KFI AM 640

hoffmang
10-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Done.

DREADNOUGHT78
10-06-2009, 10:48 PM
SACRAMENTO, CA - The way handgun ammunition is purchased could soon change if a bill on Gov. Schwarzenegger's desk is signed into law.

Assembly Bill 962 was approved by lawmakers last month. It would require handgun ammunition to be kept behind the counter where customers cannot access it without assistance. It would also require gun shop owners to thumbprint people who buy handgun ammunition, as well as record their identification and provide that information to police.

"Where does it start and where does it stop? We have unalienable rights. We have rights as individuals and most of the people see this as a situation where they continue to take way individual rights," said John Barritt, owner of Badger John's gun store in Sacramento.

Supporters of AB 962 point to ordinances already in effect in 16 California cities and counties as evidence that the bill would keep guns out of the hands of criminals. A similar ordinance in Sacramento has resulted in police confiscating 144 firearms from prohibited purchasers such as convicted felons.

"I would stand in line for an hour to buy ammunition if it's saved lives. What's a human life worth? And compare that to two extra minutes to buy, purchase ammunition," said Amanda Wilcox, whose daughter Laura was shot and killed by a mentally ill man in 2001.

The governor has until Sunday to either sign or veto the bill. The governor's staff said Schwarzenegger has not taken a position on the bill.

News10/KXTV

SlushPup
10-07-2009, 12:03 AM
The governor has until Sunday to either sign or veto the bill. The governor's staff said Schwarzenegger has not taken a position on the bill.

Excuse my political naiveté, but I thought Arnold had to “sign” a veto and do nothing for the law to pass.

What does that slug have to do or not do again? :confused:

bigcalidave
10-07-2009, 12:35 AM
He has to sign it or veto it. AND if he does nothing it becomes law as well. My question is why complain to the media about their own report ? Like they don't know what they said or why ? Did I miss something here ?

pdq_wizzard
10-07-2009, 1:43 PM
wait just a damn second, from the link http://kfiam640.com/cc-common/mainhe...rticle=6121269

Criminals can buy ammo legally, they just can't have it in their possession.

how is this even possible? If I buy something I then have it in my possession :wacko:

Paul E
10-07-2009, 2:15 PM
I heard some programming on the story last night as well, I sent them an e-mail.

gun toting monkeyboy
10-07-2009, 2:48 PM
Guys, don't let one report turn you off to KFI. They are normally on our side on most issues.

boxbro
10-07-2009, 2:54 PM
how is this even possible? If I buy something I then have it in my possession :wacko:

That was my first thought.
Obviously the distortion impression they are trying to make is that it's legal for them to buy ammo.
The funny part is, even if this bill becomes a reality, criminals will just have one of their conviction free cohorts go buy whatever they need.
The antis wealth of ignorance is astounding.

Glock22Fan
10-07-2009, 3:08 PM
That was my first thought.
Obviously the distortion impression they are trying to make is that it's legal for them to buy ammo.
The funny part is, even if this bill becomes a reality, criminals will just have one of their conviction free cohorts go buy whatever they need.
The antis wealth of ignorance is astounding.

I imagine that one well-planned trip to a well-stocked gun store by a so-far-conviction-free gang member or relative, or even a trip to Reno/Las Vegas, could probably source enough ammo for many years of drive by shootings by every gang in Los Angeles.

bodger
10-07-2009, 3:58 PM
I imagine that one well-planned trip to a well-stocked gun store by a so-far-conviction-free gang member or relative, or even a trip to Reno/Las Vegas, could probably source enough ammo for many years of drive by shootings by every gang in Los Angeles.

If AB 962 becomes law, it's just a matter of time until the exact scenario you described will be documented as part of a homicide in CA. Further proving that this law is utterly worthless.

Of course, the antis will still sit there believing that the "difficulty" in getting ammo that AB962 presents to criminals is preventing similar crimes from happening.

boxbro
10-07-2009, 4:06 PM

Exactly.
I have a hard time believing these politicians are too stupid to realize that.
The only thing that we are left to believe is the conspiracy theory that this is just part of a piece meal plan for complete disarmament and they are just complete liars when they state the reasons for passing this bill.

Glock22Fan
10-07-2009, 5:04 PM
If AB 962 becomes law, it's just a matter of time until the exact scenario you described will be documented as part of a homicide in CA. Further proving that this law is utterly worthless.

Of course, the antis will still sit there believing that the "difficulty" in getting ammo that AB962 presents to criminals is preventing similar crimes from happening.

No. Further proving that all our neighboring states are remiss if they don't implement a similar law (and then their neighboring states und so weiter.

At least, that is what the stupid pols will say.

bodger
10-08-2009, 5:03 PM
No. Further proving that all our neighboring states are remiss if they don't implement a similar law (and then their neighboring states und so weiter.

At least, that is what the stupid pols will say.

Sad but true.

joelberg
10-08-2009, 5:10 PM
I always preferred KABC 790. I guess KFI sucks, and the blowhard Bill Handel is a gun grabber who gets airtime on KFI every week.

SteveSatch
10-08-2009, 6:30 PM
I doubt they'll listen to a letter writer that can't spell "their"
;-)

A letter writer *who* can't spell "their."

Mirage
10-08-2009, 8:57 PM
He has to sign it or veto it. AND if he does nothing it becomes law as well. My question is why complain to the media about their own report ? Like they don't know what they said or why ? Did I miss something here ?

I think contacting the media is a great strategy. Contact the advertisers of those news outlets. Telling them that all we want is balance reporting, and pointing out the bias of their report. If enough noise is made about it, I do believe things will change.
The politicians fear bad press so the press wields great power. I am sure Arnold's staff is paying great heed to what the press is saying about the bills on his desk, and advising him accordingly.

Decoligny
10-09-2009, 8:21 AM
wait just a damn second, from the link http://kfiam640.com/cc-common/mainhe...rticle=6121269

Not probable, but possible.

Let's say your Father is a convicted felon. You don't live with him, but meet up with him at WalMart. You tell him you are going to go shoot off a box of 9mm at the range, and you are down to your last box of ammo and are out of money. He could legally ask the Sporting Goods clerk to get a couple boxes of 9mm out of the case (if there was ever any there), show his ID proving he is over 18, and pay the clerk for the ammo. The clerk puts the ammo into a bag on the counter. Dad says "There's your ammo, have fun at the range" and walks away from the counter.

A convicted felon has just bought ammuntion, and was never legally in possession of the ammuntion.

wash
10-09-2009, 9:04 AM
The number of gang bangers is quite high so a decent size truck filled to maximum weight would probably only last a few months.

Major gangs might do that but they have plenty of baby mommas to buy ammo for them without the road trip.