PDA

View Full Version : KABC7 Los Angeles Lies About AB962!

Bruce
10-06-2009, 4:21 PM
Just saw a so called "news" report on AB962. In it David Ono told the audience that AB962 would "...deny criminals and gang members access to ammunition." He went on to say that the bill would merely "inconvenience gun owners." There was no mention of existing law that makes it illegal for felons to own ammunition.

SlushPup
10-06-2009, 4:34 PM
ditto on what you said.

in addition, they presented the story as if the Gov. needed to sign the bill for it to become law.

from what I have read here on calguns, the only thing the Gov. has to do for the bill to become law is pick his nose.

what we want the Gov. to sign is a Veto to this bill.

think what can or can't be accomplished with the few strokes of a pen.:38:

Legasat
10-06-2009, 4:51 PM
I wonder how many gangbangers and criminals with illegal guns, actually buy ammunition legally. I'm guessing not very many.

This bill changes NOTHING for the bad guys, and changes a lot for us.

hardway
10-06-2009, 5:00 PM
I just saw a pretty much identical "report" on cbs 13 in Sacramento. Completley one sided and biased. I called in to voice my opinion and got the awnsering machine......Anyways told them they did'nt offer ONE opposing viewpoint and I thought it was there job to report both sides of the issues. Rediculous......

Nate74
10-06-2009, 5:05 PM
He's got 3 days to Veto it. I'm not feeling real good right now :(

Gijoe
10-06-2009, 5:07 PM
Thats what they are saying on every thing Radio, Tv, internet.. they just want to screw us..

chansen49
10-06-2009, 5:07 PM
I heard he signed it..

woodsman
10-06-2009, 5:12 PM
I heard he signed it..

From what source?

RRangel
10-06-2009, 5:18 PM
What else would you expect from mainstream media Marxist enablers? They always side with the the dubious wishes of their like minded political champions. Only fools would disempower themselves. People like David Ono have their head up their rear port of defecation. Add it all up and you can see why much of the mainstream media has no credibility.

BigDogatPlay
10-06-2009, 5:37 PM
I heard he signed it..

This is not so, at least not that several people here have been able to confirm.

Please don't spread rumors and keep calling / writing / faxing.

RT13
10-06-2009, 10:31 PM
We should contact ABC7 and David Ono about his false reporting.

DREADNOUGHT78
10-06-2009, 10:41 PM
SACRAMENTO, CA - The way handgun ammunition is purchased could soon change if a bill on Gov. Schwarzenegger's desk is signed into law.

Assembly Bill 962 was approved by lawmakers last month. It would require handgun ammunition to be kept behind the counter where customers cannot access it without assistance. It would also require gun shop owners to thumbprint people who buy handgun ammunition, as well as record their identification and provide that information to police.

"Where does it start and where does it stop? We have unalienable rights. We have rights as individuals and most of the people see this as a situation where they continue to take way individual rights," said John Barritt, owner of Badger John's gun store in Sacramento.

Supporters of AB 962 point to ordinances already in effect in 16 California cities and counties as evidence that the bill would keep guns out of the hands of criminals. A similar ordinance in Sacramento has resulted in police confiscating 144 firearms from prohibited purchasers such as convicted felons.

"I would stand in line for an hour to buy ammunition if it's saved lives. What's a human life worth? And compare that to two extra minutes to buy, purchase ammunition," said Amanda Wilcox, whose daughter Laura was shot and killed by a mentally ill man in 2001.

The governor has until Sunday to either sign or veto the bill. The governor's staff said Schwarzenegger has not taken a position on the bill.

News10/KXTV

obeygiant
10-06-2009, 11:29 PM
You can contact KABC7 here (http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/feature?section=resources/inside_station&id=5788340)

* ABC7 Broadcast Center
500 Circle Seven Drive
Glendale, CA 91201

* Main Line: (818) 863-7777
* Breaking News Tips: (877) 777-NEWS (6397)
* ABC7 Job Line: (818) 863-7JOB (7562)

ship12
10-07-2009, 10:40 PM
SACRAMENTO, CA - The way handgun ammunition is purchased could soon change if a bill on Gov. Schwarzenegger's desk is signed into law.

Assembly Bill 962 was approved by lawmakers last month. It would require handgun ammunition to be kept behind the counter where customers cannot access it without assistance. It would also require gun shop owners to thumbprint people who buy handgun ammunition, as well as record their identification and provide that information to police.

"Where does it start and where does it stop? We have unalienable rights. We have rights as individuals and most of the people see this as a situation where they continue to take way individual rights," said John Barritt, owner of Badger John's gun store in Sacramento.

Supporters of AB 962 point to ordinances already in effect in 16 California cities and counties as evidence that the bill would keep guns out of the hands of criminals. A similar ordinance in Sacramento has resulted in police confiscating 144 firearms from prohibited purchasers such as convicted felons.

"I would stand in line for an hour to buy ammunition if it's saved lives. What's a human life worth? And compare that to two extra minutes to buy, purchase ammunition," said Amanda Wilcox, whose daughter Laura was shot and killed by a mentally ill man in 2001.

The governor has until Sunday to either sign or veto the bill. The governor's staff said Schwarzenegger has not taken a position on the bill.

News10/KXTV

Is that it?
Seriously, they didn't really report anything. Except that ammos going to be out of reach. They could atleast, you know, try and find a valid arguement against it. Or for.

Its not about waiting in line 2 minutes or infringing rights. It's about lowering crime, or preventing an ineffective law that will decrease the availabilty of ammuntion and increase the costs of the DOJ to maintain the new database.

2A can't really be part of the arguement, since AB962 in no ways regulates arms. States also aren't bound by the 2a, they can regulate guns/ammo however they want. Waiting in line 2 minutes doesn't matter if the DOJ doesn't stop the sale... A felon could still walk out a store with ammo, even if LE may be alerted by the DOJ of the sale. It won't matter if the get a straw purchaser, or steal the ammo.

jakemccoy
10-08-2009, 12:02 AM
I prefer the rare occasions when news stations report the facts, and have no arguments or opinions whatsoever.