PDA

View Full Version : Whom should I write to....

Ducati748r
04-30-2005, 11:51 AM
about SB357. I live in Fremont so I'll send a letter to Liz Figueroa. Do you guys think I should send a letter to Don Perata as well since he represents the east bay? Who else should I write to? I wanna do my part so help me out guys. Thanks.

singleshotman
04-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Do not brother writing to Don peralta, he would
only laugh at you-he's as anti-gun as is possible-he wants you in jail for owning a gun.It's very sad that voters keep re-electing junk politioes as he, i guess voters never think, they just vote cause he's a democrat.

just4fun63
04-30-2005, 1:09 PM
Here is a link to help find your reps.

This isn't working scroll down a few messages and I posted a new link

http://192.234.213.69/amapsearch/Container.asp?bk=

Originally posted by james a. pickup:
only laugh at you-he's as anti-gun as is possible-he wants you in jail for owning a gun.It's very sad that voters keep re-electing junk politioes as he, i guess voters never think, they just vote cause he's a democrat.

I have to disagree even if they are a total F- on gun control you have to write or they will think you have "gone away" or agree with them. I write DiFi all the time, We agree to disagree but she knows my point of view. ( Boxer too)

http://www.calguns.net/banghead.gif http://www.calguns.net/banghead.gif

Ducati748r
04-30-2005, 1:27 PM
Originally posted by cdfcapt:
Here is a link to help find your reps.

http://192.234.213.69/amapsearch/Container.asp?bk=

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by james a. pickup:

I have to disagree even if they are a total F- on gun control you have to write or they will think you have "gone away" or agree with them. I write DiFi all the time, We agree to disagree but she knows my point of view. ( Boxer too)

http://www.calguns.net/banghead.gif http://www.calguns.net/banghead.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The website keeps coming up with a error when I click on alameda county. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

just4fun63
04-30-2005, 2:48 PM
here is another way to get to the site

http://www.assembly.ca.gov/acs/defaulttext.asp

this will take you to the offical state assembly site. On the left side click on Find My Dist.

hopefully this way will work

RRangel
04-30-2005, 5:11 PM
I don't think it would hurt to write him either.

http://www.calguns.net/sb357alert.html

dwtt
05-02-2005, 9:10 AM
Originally posted by Ducati748r:
about SB357. I live in Fremont so I'll send a letter to Liz Figueroa. Do you guys think I should send a letter to Don Perata as well since he represents the east bay? Who else should I write to? I wanna do my part so help me out guys. Thanks.
I live in Fremont and wrote to Liz Fig and found out she is very anti-gun. I still write to her just to register opposition to SB357, but know she will ignore gun owners and vote for the bill. I don't know about others, but I've fallen into a state of hopelessness about California. I'm using my savings to buy as many handguns as I can before 2006, when the magazine disconnect requirement kicks in. If SB357 is approved, I'll stock up on ammo and buy as much as I can because serialized ammo won't be cheap or plentiful.

RRangel
05-02-2005, 9:19 AM
Originally posted by dwtt:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ducati748r:
I live in Fremont and wrote to Liz Fig and found out she is very anti-gun. I still write to her just to register opposition to SB357, but know she will ignore gun owners and vote for the bill. I don't know about others, but I've fallen into a state of hopelessness about California. I'm using my savings to buy as many handguns as I can before 2006, when the magazine disconnect requirement kicks in. If SB357 is approved, I'll stock up on ammo and buy as much as I can because serialized ammo won't be cheap or plentiful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just an FYI current pistols will be unaffected if they're on the approved list before 2006. The law will only effect pistols that are submitted for testing after 2006.

bwiese
05-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Dwtt...

...If SB357 is approved, I'll stock up on ammo and buy as much as I can because serialized ammo won't be cheap or plentiful.

If SB357 passess as written, you won't be allowed to possess or transport unserialized ammunition. Unserialized bullets for handloading could be possessed in home but not transported, so you really couldn't even get rid of 'em let alone shoot them!

SB357 is disastrous and is much worse to us than AB352.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

Ducati748r
05-02-2005, 10:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ducati748r:
I live in Fremont and wrote to Liz Fig and found out she is very anti-gun. I still write to her just to register opposition to SB357, but know she will ignore gun owners and vote for the bill. I don't know about others, but I've fallen into a state of hopelessness about California. I'm using my savings to buy as many handguns as I can before 2006, when the magazine disconnect requirement kicks in. If SB357 is approved, I'll stock up on ammo and buy as much as I can because serialized ammo won't be cheap or plentiful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So who do I write to? Should I just concentrate on sending a letter to the gov. and not bother with the rest of the anti gunners?

RRangel
05-02-2005, 11:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dwtt:

So who do I write to? Should I just concentrate on sending a letter to the gov. and not bother with the rest of the anti gunners? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for the edit. Wrong button.

Your representative and then the governor are most relevant.

Truthfully even if they're anti-gun it's not going to hurt to let them know they're full of it. It's probably good that they know many of us know it.

Also as far as I'm concerned they already know they have to clean up the language in a bill like SB 357. They're just trying to see how far they can get.
Why don't you contact your representative the governor and the authors?

Black_Talon
05-02-2005, 6:05 PM

So who do I write to? Should I just concentrate on sending a letter to the gov. and not bother with the rest of the anti gunners?

Here's the NRA "One Touch" page for writing the entire lot of 'em in one fell swoop:

http://www.calnra.com/legs.shtml#contactinfo

dwtt
05-02-2005, 6:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dwtt:

So who do I write to? Should I just concentrate on sending a letter to the gov. and not bother with the rest of the anti gunners? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wrote to Liz Fig and to Alberto Torrico. Perata is a coauthor of the bill and I think it's a waste of time to write to him, but that's just my opinion. Bill is right. I read the text of the law and there's only situation where I can keep nonserialized ammo, on my private property. I hate this bill.

jnojr
05-03-2005, 11:42 AM
It's never a waste of time to write to the anti-gun representatives. They need to hear from more and more of their constituents about how out-of-touch they are on gun issues. They will keep voting anti-gun until their stance will cost them votes. Especially with the possibility of redistricting looming.