PDA

View Full Version : Lowers?

usmcjimsanimal
10-06-2009, 1:47 AM
I'm new to the forum. Wish to piece an AR together. Anyone know where I can get a lower in the San Fernando Valley?

dchang0
10-06-2009, 2:05 AM
If you're willing to mail-order, you can save a ton by buying a Spike's Tactical lower at half-off, then have them FFL-transfer it to you via your OLL-friendly gun shop in the SFV.

http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_65&products_id=52

oakiepokie
10-06-2009, 2:47 AM
Go to Vendor's forum and click on Independent Armament. They have all the parts plus Mike can talk to you for hours about building a proper AR. It's a hole in the wall shop but you can't beat their customer service. Also, be sure to check ar15.com and go to "build it yourself" section. It's got tons of info on DIY AR's. Semper Fi.

tenpercentfirearms
10-06-2009, 6:31 AM
You can either do a lot of research here and save a few bucks, but spend more time or you can go to a local knowledgeable FFL and spend a buck or two more and use less time. Whatever you do, do not spend over $200 for a lower. I just had a guy call me and tell me that he just found my website after he bought his two lowers over on the central coast or maybe it was Ventura somewhere. $275 per stripped lower! Ouch.

randy
10-07-2009, 1:39 AM
Oaktree Gun Club in Santa Clarita is about as close as you're going to get.

Darklyte27
10-07-2009, 8:32 AM
Theres also alot of vendors on calguns for you to check out whether online or a physical store depending on your location.

missiontrails
10-07-2009, 8:36 AM
Right now is NOT the time to "piece", buy a factory rifle, they are everywhere for good prices.