PDA

View Full Version : Bill Handel talks about Scotus and 2nd amend.

SKSer
10-05-2009, 10:33 PM
For those of you that dont know who he is, he has a talk show on KFI am 640 out of Los Angeles. He is also a lawyer so it isnt just idiotic political opinions. This is the first time I have ever heard him talk about guns or 2A, which is basically due to whats going on with SCOTUS. He admits he is anti gun, BUT he has seriously been the only anti I have ever heard tell you like it really is.

http://www.kfi640.com/cc-common/podcast.html

go to Fires and Feds (10/05)

he starts talking about it at about 16:00 mins

If someone could figure out how to put it in a post it would be very appreciated

Alan Block
10-05-2009, 11:00 PM
He prefaced his talk by saying he was for strict gun control including banning handguns. He did say he thought that SCOTUS would rule in our favor. He said that he knew that banning guns would not get them out of criminal hands. He believed the militia prerequisite for arms.

GuyW
10-05-2009, 11:02 PM
For my money, Handel's a gasbag idiot. Although I rarely listen (out of area), I've heard him try to BS his way through subjects he knew nothing about. Add his lib statist bent....

obeygiant
10-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Listen here (http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/LOSANGELES-CA/KFI-AM/Handel1005097A.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=LOSANGELES-CA&NG_FORMAT=talk&SITE_ID=616&STATION_ID=KFI-AM&PCAST_AUTHOR=KFI_AM_640&PCAST_CAT=Arts_and_Entertainment&PCAST_TITLE=KFI-AM_640_BILL_HANDEL)

Right Click "Save As" here (http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/LOSANGELES-CA/KFI-AM/Handel1005097A.mp3)

SKSer
10-05-2009, 11:21 PM
thanks obey

I just wish more anti's spoke about it fairly like he did, you almost cant argue with him because he agrees with all our points accept he doesnt like guns. If you dont like guns or dont agree with guns thats fine, but leave us who care about, and want to protect our rights the *bleep* alone. You know what I mean.

obeygiant
10-05-2009, 11:25 PM
thanks obey

I just wish more anti's spoke about it fairly like he did, you almost cant argue with him because he agrees with all our points accept he doesnt like guns. If you dont like guns or dont agree with guns thats fine but leave us who do the *bleep* alone. You know what I mean.

you're welcome. I listen to him on occasion in the mornings on my way to work and while I don't agree with all of his opinions he does present a fair case for whatever it is he's talking about.

I was particularly impressed with his quote of " an armed society is a polite society" and his agreement with it despite his views on gun control.

Rem1492
10-06-2009, 12:44 AM
I listen to him from time to time, he is good on the radio. I am not sure what AM local stations might carry it, but Sunday afternoons we get GunTalk, its on the internet as well. Gun on the radio, listen to it at the range while shooting the Sh*t with the guys.

even the wife likes it :) its hard to believe there is PRO gun programming out there.

Hunt
10-06-2009, 12:50 AM
thanks obey

I just wish more anti's spoke about it fairly like he did, you almost cant argue with him because he agrees with all our points accept he doesnt like guns. If you dont like guns or dont agree with guns thats fine, but leave us who care about, and want to protect our rights the *bleep* alone. You know what I mean.

healthy thinking people don't understand the liberal mind, if they don't like something you shouldn't do it. For example one lib hates chocolate, therefore all chocolate should be banned. make sense right?

ryno066
10-06-2009, 7:36 AM
I dont listen to the radio often but i did hear him say he owned handguns before he had kids.

Mitch
10-06-2009, 7:48 AM
For my money, Handel's a gasbag idiot.

I don't think you get on the radio unless you are.

dantodd
10-06-2009, 8:08 AM
healthy thinking people don't understand the liberal mind, if they don't like something you shouldn't do it. For example one lib hates chocolate, therefore all chocolate should be banned. make sense right?

Is that like some conservatives? One conservative doesn't like having sex with other men so sex between people of the same gender should be banned?

ConcernedCitizen
10-06-2009, 8:18 AM
If you're asking me, you can have sex with whoever you want. You just can't call it a marriage. At least until your activist judges overturn the will of the people [again].

Only a little sorry for the thread jack. Handel is entertaining at times, but his opinions aren't worth much. Try his "Handel on the Law" segments Saturday mornings where "he tells you you have no case."

M. D. Van Norman
10-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Yeah, if those activist judges uphold the privileges-and-immunities clause from that blamed Constitution :devil2:

SKSer
10-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Yea I dont agree with a lot of the stuff he says but I follow mainly to always be up to date with the news. We dont have any really good conservative talk show hosts around here. The only one, which I dont really like is (and i know im gonna get flamed for this) Rush. Im sorry he just gets on my nerves, he is too far right for me, you can only hear "Obama wasnt born in the U.S". so much before it starts getting annoying. I listin to Sean Hannity a bit too he's pretty good.

hill billy
10-06-2009, 3:02 PM
I hope you will forgive my being frank, but Handel is a major d-bag.

dfletcher
10-06-2009, 3:48 PM
I've been listening (off & on) to his "Handel on the Law" for about twenty years. He hates everyone, thinks very little of everyone including lawyers. Visiting You Tube for Bill Handel turns up some interesting clips. I tend to take what he says with a grain of salt, but always found him pretty open & direct with his opinions on gun control, illegal immigrations, politics in general.

Despite being antigun and with the exception of mentioning AW as especially dangerous, I think he gives fairly evenhanded overview of the upcoming case.

His website carries some very basic info on gun ownership in CA, as posted it seems pretty neutral.

dfletcher
10-06-2009, 4:02 PM
Listen here (http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/LOSANGELES-CA/KFI-AM/Handel1005097A.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=LOSANGELES-CA&NG_FORMAT=talk&SITE_ID=616&STATION_ID=KFI-AM&PCAST_AUTHOR=KFI_AM_640&PCAST_CAT=Arts_and_Entertainment&PCAST_TITLE=KFI-AM_640_BILL_HANDEL)

Right Click "Save As" here (http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/LOSANGELES-CA/KFI-AM/Handel1005097A.mp3)

The gun part starts about 16:30 into the tape.