PDA

View Full Version : Sac Valley Shooting Center - Oct. 11th - 600 yard mid-range match

Ahhnother8
10-05-2009, 8:11 PM
October 11th (Sunday) - 3 x 600 yard prone match. (66 rounds needed)

It will be two sighter shots and 20 for record at 600 yards. Each shooter will do this three times, between pulling targets and scoring. Each shot, the target will be pulled and marked. All types of equipment are allowed, and will be classed accordingly for awards. Match fee - $20.

If interested, simply show up at Culbertson Cove (the building/camping area below the 1000 yard line) between 7:00-7:30 am. O'Connell will be doing squadding right there. It is a semi-informal match, with a chance to learn a lot about the range. If you have never shot at 600 before, just show up with a 100, 200, or 300 yard zero. There will be plenty of help with comeups from there. We typically have a BBQ immediately after the match. Hamburger or hotdog and chips and drink for $2.

This should be another easy opportunity for the tacticool shooters to fire a clean score - 600-60X, or not.

Lane

P.S. - can we get "tacticool" added to the Calguns spell check dictionary? It is a very descriptive and useful term. :D

Requiem
10-05-2009, 9:11 PM
Dang it... I wanted to be there. It'd be the perfect time to shoot my 700 sps tactical. Why do I have to have drill this weekend! :P

Pthfndr
10-05-2009, 10:37 PM
Lane

P.S. - can we get "tacticool" added to the Calguns spell check dictionary? It is a very descriptive and useful term. :D

Ya know, one of these days one of the tacticool guys might just get lucky and beat you.

I even beat you and O'Connell once at a XTC match many years ago. Windy as hell. I still remember asking you how the heck to hit the target off hand. You said when the edge of the target frame entered my sight picture to pull the trigger, LOL!

nav195
10-05-2009, 11:21 PM
All lane I'll plan on being there with my m1a again.
Nate.

Flying Bones
10-06-2009, 7:50 AM
Just a tad to early for me...my first bolt action (700 sps tactical) gets out of jail 4:30pm Sunday...next time.

phish
10-06-2009, 7:53 AM
beg, borrow, or steal a rifle :43:

Ahhnother8
10-06-2009, 5:56 PM
Ya know, one of these days one of the tacticool guys might just get lucky and beat you.

I even beat you and O'Connell once at a XTC match many years ago. Windy as hell. I still remember asking you how the heck to hit the target off hand. You said when the edge of the target frame entered my sight picture to pull the trigger, LOL!

I'm surprised those knuckledraggers can even find the range!! :p

In California, O'Connell is the one to beat in XTC. But he is getting older and my plan is to simply outlast him. Or hope the wind is ripping. The rest of you are on your own.

The tacticool crowd would have had a great time at Sac today (Tuesday). We shot a Palma COF. The flags, which you "people" don't use, were pointing in opposite directions, the mirage was switching back and forth, and did not often agree with the flags. Never had more than 2 minutes on the gun, and mostly 1/2 left to 1 right, but it was simply unreadable. Just chase the spotter around mostly. Oh, but you "people" don't use spotters until after all the shots are downrange. Was shooting next to Tierney, and neither of us knew what wind to start with - not just the value, but left or right. Almost scored a 450 though, shot a right side '9' on the 42nd shot. :( Was just a goofy day all around.

Lane

Ahhnother8
10-06-2009, 5:57 PM
Just a tad to early for me...my first bolt action (700 sps tactical) gets out of jail 4:30pm Sunday...next time.

It's only 600 yards, shoot an AR or equivalent.