PDA

View Full Version : a few Saiga accessory questions

brendog10
10-05-2009, 4:21 PM
Ok, so a few questions . One, about how much should it cost to add a muzzle brake to a Saiga .223? Two, anyone have any experience with the Quasi-pistol-grip From BattleRifle? and finally is there anyone out there who has added a front stock grip, but left the butt stock factory? Sorry for all the questions at once.
Thanks

69Mach1
10-05-2009, 6:48 PM
If anyone adds a front grip to a det. mag. configured Saiga, that person will be in deep do do. That is an assault weapons feature.

sevensix2x51
10-05-2009, 6:59 PM
If anyone adds a front grip to a det. mag. configured Saiga, that person will be in deep do do. That is an assault weapons feature.

+1. if you wanted to change the handguard for whatever reason, you can do that. but a vertical handgrip, in the style of the ar/mp5 etc is a bullet button only feature...

reidnez
10-05-2009, 7:02 PM

Not to mention it would be a 922(r) issue, correct?

This is why I left mine bone-stock :(

69Mach1
10-05-2009, 7:20 PM
Yes, because it's an import. It's also applicable to rifles assembled from more then 10 foreign listed parts.

vandal
10-05-2009, 7:31 PM
I've been waiting for a QPG from BattleRifle for two years.

Wait a couple months for the DPHArms clip-on AK74-style muzzle brake (undergoing revision), it's a easy win!

Ok, so a few questions . One, about how much should it cost to add a muzzle brake to a Saiga .223? Two, anyone have any experience with the Quasi-pistol-grip From BattleRifle? and finally is there anyone out there who has added a front stock grip, but left the butt stock factory? Sorry for all the questions at once.
Thanks

brendog10
10-05-2009, 7:35 PM
Thanks ya'll, So even adding the front grip addition would require a bullet button? and thank you vandal for the other info I'll wait the few months for the DPHarms brake.

69Mach1
10-05-2009, 7:38 PM
Thanks ya'll, So even adding the front grip addition would require a bullet button? and thank you vandal for the other info I'll wait the few months for the DPHarms brake.

Yes, but even with a bullet button, if you added a forward grip on a stock Saiga you would also be in violation of Federal importation laws.

brendog10
10-05-2009, 9:23 PM
And let me say thanks again to everyone that posted. I never would have even though that a forward grip would be considered a violation without a pistol grip or something. So thanks for helping me avoid a possible headache there.

packnrat
10-06-2009, 9:24 PM
Does anybody make replacment stocks for the sage rifle?
Just replacment only as the factory stuf is hollow and sounds cheep when taped.
Only after market stuff I have found comes as a folder.
Better plastic? But I do like wood.

69Mach1
10-06-2009, 9:40 PM
Does anybody make replacment stocks for the sage rifle?
Just replacment only as the factory stuf is hollow and sounds cheep when taped.
Only after market stuff I have found comes as a folder.
Better plastic? But I do like wood.

Saiga makes replacement Saiga stocks.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=101024&page=4&highlight=saiga+pron

Charles4400
10-07-2009, 12:13 AM
Yes, but even with a bullet button, if you added a forward grip on a stock Saiga you would also be in violation of Federal importation laws.

How is that?
Is this specific to Saiga's in particular...I haven't heard this before...

Would like more info about laws like these if this is accurate..have a link or reference anywhere you could point me to?

69Mach1
10-07-2009, 7:13 AM
How is that?
Is this specific to Saiga's in particular...I haven't heard this before...

Would like more info about laws like these if this is accurate..have a link or reference anywhere you could point me to?

http://victorinc.com/SKS-FAQ.html#_Toc167103928

Most new gun owners wouldn't know. It's been in effect for 20 years now, and we talk about it here all of the time.

925D
922r

brendog10
10-07-2009, 10:26 AM

Most new gun owners wouldn't know. It's been in effect for 20 years now, and we talk about it here all of the time.

925D
922r

Thanks for the link. Really informative. So in regards to modifying a saiga. It's downfall is that it's an import?

Charles4400
10-07-2009, 12:07 PM

925D
922r

Thanks for that link!

When I finally think that I somewhat understand the firearm laws regarding modifications something like this pops up ....ARGGGHH!!! Frustrating and for me very very confusing!

Ok without trying to understand all of the technicalities of why or why not.... could you please answer this question (kinda off topic since its about a converted saiga 12):

If a saiga 12 which is legally converted (bought it this way through CA FFl so it has to be legally converted) have a vetical foregrip added to it by myself?

Thanks....

69Mach1
10-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Brendog, yes because it's an import. However, it also applies to rifles that are assembled using more than 10 of the listed, foreign parts.