PDA

View Full Version : Volquartsen Evolution

dfletcher
10-05-2009, 5:18 PM
After about 1 year of issues and problems with my 223 Volquartsen Evolution breaking down the company has agreed to me returning the current rifle for a brand new one. In handling the problems Volquartsen has really gone the extra mile so to speak - everyone makes a lemon, how they resolve it is the difference between bad, good and great. Volquartsen has been great in addressing the problems - I'm guessing about $300.00 worth of replacement parts made it my way at no charge.

In replacing the rifle, am I correct stating that if the new rifle is the same serial number as the old, they can mail direct to me. New serial - even though it's a direct replacement - means it must be sent to an FFL dealer with DROS & 10 day wait, yes?

Is there anyway to have a new serial numbered gun as a replacement, but avoid DROS or 10 day wait & FFL transfer?

X-NewYawker
10-05-2009, 5:21 PM
Is there anyway to have a new serial numbered gun as a replacement, but avoid DROS or 10 day wait & FFL transfer?

Good question. My Evolution just went out today by UPS for the same outcome...

CHS
10-05-2009, 5:48 PM

Nope. None at all.

dfletcher
10-05-2009, 6:05 PM
Good question. My Evolution just went out today by UPS for the same outcome...

Really, I was hoping Volquartsen had worked things out. I remember posting all my problems but that your new one seemed to be working fine - what's going on with it?

Latest problem with mine is that the bolt carrier is horizontally cracked through & through from the front left of the bolt carrier back to the little key hole that holds in the bolt handle.

I don't think these folks have quite made the transition from low pressure rimfire to high pressure centerfire.

Fjold
10-05-2009, 6:09 PM
If the manufacturer replaces it with the same serial number then they can send it directly to you with no DROS required.

X-NewYawker
10-05-2009, 6:12 PM
Really, I was hoping Volquartsen had worked things out. I remember posting all my problems but that your new one seemed to be working fine - what's going on with it?

My particular Evolution feeds fine from old GI issue aluminum mags and some new manufacture, but not from TD Arcs or C-Products -- they won't strip the second round out of the magazine. I sent it back with some mags so they could pinpoint the problem. If I am going to recommend that gun as one that feeds from all available AR-15 magazines, then I want to make sure it does.

X-NewYawker
10-05-2009, 6:17 PM
I guess another question could be: can a manufacturer DESTROY one receiver and then give another the same serial number? How does that effect it's record keeping with the BATFE?

dfletcher
10-05-2009, 6:25 PM
My particular Evolution feeds fine from old GI issue aluminum mags and some new manufacture, but not from TD Arcs or C-Products -- they won't strip the second round out of the magazine. I sent it back with some mags so they could pinpoint the problem. If I am going to recommend that gun as one that feeds from all available AR-15 magazines, then I want to make sure it does.

Mine is fine with CProducts, but doesn't feed with any of the plastic PMags - I found that out AFTER I bought the Nordic 18 round extensions for the 30 rd PMags. The top of the PMag activates the BHO device even when loaded full, after dressing that down I found the lips sit too high & rub on the underside of the carrier causing failure to feed.

The mag release button is hard as hell to operate, you can't just slide in a mag. Have to depress the mag release a bit and slide in. The bottom edge of the mag retaining stud is very sharp and 180 debree angle.

I realize a 48 round target gun is a bit different and I usually use my 10 rounders only, but every once in a while in OR I kind of like playing Volquartsen SAW. :rolleyes:

CHS
10-05-2009, 6:37 PM
I guess another question could be: can a manufacturer DESTROY one receiver and then give another the same serial number? How does that effect it's record keeping with the BATFE?

Yeah, they can do that. Stag does it all the time. They'll even send the receivers straight to California, even though they won't ship ones factory ordered to CA. Makes you wonder what they're thinking.

Not sure how the manufacturers book that with the BATFE.