View Full Version : Yankee Hill AR

10-05-2009, 2:16 PM
So I asked a while back about a Yankee Hill AR that I was intrested. I finally picked one up in Nor Cal. Its the YHM Entry Level Carbine. Everything checked out good so I purchased it. I finally had the chance to go to the range today and I had the ammo which my CMMG didnt like with me. I decided to test it out to see if it'll eat em up. To my surprise, the YHM AR ate all the ammo without a hitch so Im pretty happy with that. I havent gotten an optic for it yet so I used my Barska DTS. It held up fine and I was getting 2" groups with it. Im sure it'll get better as I wasnt really trying to group the rifle. I was shooting 3 rounds and cleaning for the entire time to break in the barrel. Next time, I will throw a 3x+ scope to see if I can shrink that group. So far. I like it. Its very reliable!

10-06-2009, 11:19 AM
I thought you didn't need to "break in" chrome lined barrels. Just go out and shootem!! :D

10-06-2009, 11:53 AM
i got a YHM upper and love it so far.

10-06-2009, 11:54 AM
How many rounds did you put through it?

oh yeah..

10-06-2009, 1:38 PM
I'll add to that. I went through 2 days of classes this weekend with my brand new YHM upper and it ran flawlessly through 300 rounds from the very first pull. I was feeding good centurion ammo through it.

10-06-2009, 1:40 PM
only a couple hundred.