PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Jerry McNerny

FS00008
10-05-2009, 11:53 AM
I am about to sit down in an Q&A with Jerry McNerny here at my college campus in San Ramon. HELP! Give me specific questions that you would like me to ask him!??

-Erik

P.S. if you have my cell number, please do text stuff to me b/c I don't know how long I'll have WiFi.

MrClamperSir
10-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Ask him why he refers to, what was global warming, now climate change?

FS00008
10-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Noted.

FS00008
10-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Sitting in the room at this moment. Anything?

FS00008
10-05-2009, 12:13 PM
If you don't have my number, send me a twitter message. my twitter is erikstern

FS00008
10-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Question: HR197 and the status of that.

bwiese
10-05-2009, 1:06 PM
This is an RKBA forum. Issues outside of RKBA really don't belong here; we should be looking at candidates "RKBA only".

Thus the only relevant questions for Jerry McNerney here:

do you support the 2nd Amendment right to keep & bear arms?
will you vote against anti-gun-onwer legislation?
what new Federal gun laws would you vote for?
what gun laws, if they came up for repeal, woud you vote for or against?

Do NOT ask about state laws, support thereof, etc. He's not a state legislator, and we can let him have some wiggle room on that for cover as long as he doesn't screw up Federal issues.

Video is nice.

FS00008
10-05-2009, 3:55 PM
Bill, I asked him a question about HR197 (The National Right to Carry Reciprocity Bill - http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d111:HR00197:@@@L&summ2=m& ). This was a kind of small group forum deal with 30 people. I asked but he did not answer before I had to leave. My friend James who is not a member here stayed and I gave him a list of questions very similar to those you came up with. I will be meeting him for coffee later tonight and will post the answers that he got. The majority of the people there were asking questions about health care, but I don't wish to get into that here as I am mainly a 2A voter and this is the 2A forum. I got several interesting looks from his staff though when I walked in with my CGN lapel pin and my NRA hat in my hand. In fact, I found out that a fellow who I didn't know too well from my class is also a 2A voter and he stated that he would ask similar questions. I will post updates tonight.

I wish I could have stayed longer, but I had a class that I had to get to in Pleasant Hill and the healthcare questions were rudely running over. Interestingly it seemed as if almost everyone in the room was attacking him for one issue or another... I would have posted with more notice if I had known earlier, but unfortunately I foudn out about it as I got to my class.
:-(

FS00008
10-05-2009, 7:12 PM
So I heard from my friend. Surprise surprise, he didn't answer any of them. Not the question I posed or any of the ones my friend asked.

Timberline
10-05-2009, 7:37 PM
So I heard from my friend. Surprise surprise, he didn't answer any of them. Not the question I posed or any of the ones my friend asked.

You should be ready with a set of questions on core issues at all times. Chance favors the prepared mind. Other than that, however, how did McNerney come across in the meeting? I gave him a few hundred dollars when he was running against Pombo, and was glad to see him unseat the incumbent on the second try. He's always sounded nerdy and a bit aloof when I've heard him talk, hopefully he's improving his ability to connect with people.

FS00008
10-05-2009, 9:04 PM
I know that now... I didn't think that I would ever have the chance as a college student to do this. But turns out that I did. I have a list now. And he came off as very awkward yea...

deldgeetar
10-05-2009, 9:10 PM
You should be ready with a set of questions on core issues at all times. Chance favors the prepared mind. Other than that, however, how did McNerney come across in the meeting? I gave him a few hundred dollars when he was running against Pombo, and was glad to see him unseat the incumbent on the second try. He's always sounded nerdy and a bit aloof when I've heard him talk, hopefully he's improving his ability to connect with people.

You donated to a fraud like McNerney? Since we are in the 2A forum, I suggest you research his views on the 2A before opening your checkbook again.

bwiese
10-05-2009, 9:15 PM
You donated to a fraud like McNerney? Since we are in the 2A forum, I suggest you research his views on the 2A before opening your checkbook again.

Yes++... Pombo was a good pro-2A guy.

BigDogatPlay
10-06-2009, 12:08 AM
I gave him a few hundred dollars when he was running against Pombo, and was glad to see him unseat the incumbent on the second try. He's always sounded nerdy and a bit aloof when I've heard him talk, hopefully he's improving his ability to connect with people.

I rarely, if ever, question the political motivations of others... but on what issue did you base that support on? Or was it just, "out with the incumbent"? Not trying to start a fight, just curious.

Richard Pombo was solid 2A, Jerry McNerney is no such thing. The Democrats, at the national level, went specifically after Pombo and they got him, barely, even with an empty suit like McNerney.

Timberline
10-06-2009, 6:31 AM
I rarely, if ever, question the political motivations of others... but on what issue did you base that support on? Or was it just, "out with the incumbent"? Not trying to start a fight, just curious.

Richard Pombo was solid 2A, Jerry McNerney is no such thing. The Democrats, at the national level, went specifically after Pombo and they got him, barely, even with an empty suit like McNerney.

Pombo was an egregiously corrupt politician, and I was glad to help him find a new line of employment in the private sector. McNerney had strong backing from Veterans, amongst other main-line groups, and I was swayed, too, by the possibility of getting a smart engineer into office. He's done well as a Congressman, filling out his suit nicely, and will continue to have my support.