PDA

View Full Version : Patrick McCullough issued a CCW permit in Oakland

imported_1911_sfca
08-15-2005, 10:02 AM
Remember this guy, who shot some punk outside his house? He just got a CCW permit in Oakland. Impressive.

article (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/08/15/BAGDHE7T5D1.DTL)

SunshineGlocker
08-15-2005, 10:18 AM
That is awsome. Take back Oakland! I'm always happy when I see a black who knows the importance of being armed. All the black leadership these days seems to want to disarm their own people. Single incidents like these, where one homeowner in Oakland says "enough is enough" and gets the tools to protect himself, could change the attitude.

Ironballs
08-15-2005, 11:28 AM
YES...

i love the reverse psychology approach, of offering propaganda support to anti-gun organizations by holding up signs... Dissarm minorities, Dissarm Blacks, etc... may make the minority antigunners think about who they are in bed with.

check out protestwarrior.com they do some of this and its awsome...

SunshineGlocker
08-15-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by tooTactical:
Awesome... is that the first CCW in Oakland?
No way. They issue quite a few of them... to people like judges, DAs, politicians, crim. attorneys, maybe some businessmen. I really think it's a good idea for DAs and judges to have guns. I really think that poor people in poor neighborhoods like Mr. McCullough are in just as much danger, or maybe even more danger, than a judge, DA or police officer and have just as much need for a gun.

Ironballs, you're right. It's hilarious to see Uhuru House trying to disarm the black man! "Keep him in his place!" they are saying.

Here's a powerful thing we can do: start referring to discretionary CCW laws as Jim Crow laws. 'Cause that's what they are. They are the last Jim Crow laws, right here in liberal California.

trempel_ry@yahoo.com
08-15-2005, 12:41 PM
I was especially interested in this part:
After the incident, which prompted demonstrations from Uhuru House, a longtime advocate for the black community, ...

...And his countermeasures only support the claims that he is an agent of the Police Department, said Bakari Olatunji, the president of Uhuru House, whose leaders and supporters have visited 59th Street several times in recent months to circulate flyers underscoring that point.

To further define Olatunji's position, he advocates for community solutions to community problems without police intervention -- ever.

Advocate for the black community my ***! Uhuru House is nothing but a bunch of racist trash that consider anyone standing up to the gangs to be a traitor. Thug advocates is more like it.

SunshineGlocker
08-15-2005, 1:04 PM
Patrick McCullough is a petty bourgeois negro, a member of the black middle class which consistently sells out the interests of the African community for their own personal gain.
Is that quote from some Nazi hate group web forum? No! That's from the International People's Democratic Uhuru Movement!

See their web page about the incident: http://www.inpdum.org/uhuru_on_the_move/oak.htm

Unreal! I would be ashamed to have people like this calling themselves my leaders.

Makes me ill.

Mael
08-15-2005, 1:06 PM
The other thing (along with the Uhuru House BS) that really annoyed me was the fact that McCullough's insurance company settled a claim by paying that punk $55K. Ridiculous!

RRangel
08-15-2005, 2:02 PM
I understand the need for security, but surveillance cameras, self- defense classes and guns paint the picture of a pretty paranoid person. I pointed that out to McCullough.

And an unbiased an understanding reporter we have here.

http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

These people are the problem in California. You know the ones who don't beleive in self defense or most likely don't beleive in RKBA.

Chip Johnson's column appears on Mondays and Fridays. E-mail him at chjohnson@sfchronicle.com.

vaporone_859k@hotmail.com
08-15-2005, 5:23 PM
"The teenage shooting victim and his family moved from 59th Street last month, reportedly to Fremont."

Oh dammit. Wonder if that means I'll be able to get a CCW soon.

08-15-2005, 7:21 PM
The other thing (along with the Uhuru House BS) that really annoyed me was the fact that McCullough's insurance company settled a claim by paying that punk $55K. Ridiculous!

Perhaps we should be trying to pass a law that forbids lawsuits by people hurt or killed while commiting a felony. Felons should not be allowed to profit from their crimes.

dwtt
08-15-2005, 7:41 PM
Originally posted by DRouland:
"The teenage shooting victim and his family moved from 59th Street last month, reportedly to Fremont."

Oh dammit. Wonder if that means I'll be able to get a CCW soon.

I've seen the demographics of Fremont changing over the last two years and think it's just a matter of time before the situation here becomes like Oakland.