PDA

View Full Version : VTac 2pt Sling

sspen003
10-05-2009, 9:29 AM
Anyone have this sling?

I was really looking forward to getting it but when I did it was kind of a let down.

I like the way it works and all, but I'm a skinny guy and when I wear the sling the hanging strap is like all the way down to my knee. Maybe its just me or was this sling made for bigger people/wearing gear?

reidnez
10-05-2009, 9:32 AM
It looks awkward to me, too. Maybe try a 3-point instead?

sspen003
10-05-2009, 9:34 AM
I am thinking about cutting the hanging strap down a bit have having one of the ladies at the drycleaners and make it all pretty

reidnez
10-05-2009, 9:35 AM
I am thinking about cutting the hanging strap down a bit have having one of the ladies at the drycleaners and make it all pretty

If it's nylon, you can always just burn the cut end.

pacrimguru
10-05-2009, 9:38 AM
you're supposed to cut it down to size and use a lighter to burn the edge of the nylon strap to keep it from fraying. if you take a look at one of kyle lamb's videos, he mentions it.

reidnez
10-05-2009, 9:39 AM
Unfortunately I don't think there will ever be a perfect sling for all uses; they are all a compromise. A one-point is best when you're at the ready, with the weapon in both hands--but let the weapon go and it will bang into your knees and crotch all day as you try to walk, which is less than optimal for patrolling.

A three-point keeps the rifle comfortably at-the-ready all day while you're patrolling, but they can get in the way when you bring your rifle to bear.

This is an interesting concept, though. I don't think I've seen another "tactical two-point." Maybe it just needs a little refinement.

djleisure
10-05-2009, 10:56 AM
I have the VTAC two-point on one of my AR's and really like it. You just have to cut it size! (I'm a tall skinny guy too)

sspen003
10-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the help. Well I dont wanna cut it down and fray the ends as I want the nifty velcro edge. Gunna have one of the asian ladies at the dry cleaners re-sew it for me so it looks new out of the box.

Am I doing this the right way or is there an easier way to do this?

sspen003
10-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Just figured it out.. I am an f****** Idiot. Always over complicating things

SuperSet
10-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Sorry for the thread drift but is that a picture of Rommel for your avatar?

reidnez
10-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Just figured it out.. I am an f****** Idiot. Always over complicating things

:hurray:

You and me both, bud!

sspen003
10-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Sorry for the thread drift but is that a picture of Rommel for your avatar?

Yes sir. I believe he is one of the best Generals humanity has ever seen. The way he commanded and his strategies, not his politics or loyalties

sspen003
10-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Alright now I love this sling

jmf_tracy
10-05-2009, 12:53 PM
i have both the regular vtac and the larue modified vtac. the larue modified vtac is much better IMO. it is shorter with QD swivels sewn in and has a little bit better range of adjustment.

pacrimguru
10-05-2009, 1:14 PM
i have both the regular vtac and the larue modified vtac. the larue modified vtac is much better IMO. it is shorter with QD swivels sewn in and has a little bit better range of adjustment.

i debated for a while on which one to get and i got a vtac one. damn it! is the larue one padded?

jmf_tracy
10-05-2009, 1:33 PM
i debated for a while on which one to get and i got a vtac one. damn it! is the larue one padded?

they are both the same sling except larue modifies the original sling by removing a couple of the plastic buckles, adding a quick release plastic buckle, shortening the nylon a bit and sewing in QD swivels. i kick myself for not buying only the larue vtac sling. it is an improvement on the VTAC and is easier to use and has a little better range of adjustment. well worth the extra money.

bombadillo
10-05-2009, 1:37 PM
I have to give props to boonie packer slings which I just bought 2 of them. He got them to my door in 3 days, they're built like a tank, pretty user friendly and have lots of features for the money. I needed an adapter for 15 bucks off the site but the instructions don't say this so I asked whats up on his customer service site and the owner of the business personally contacted me, and said they would send one out at no charge. The most expensive tactical sling costs like 25 bucks so they're a real bargain. Great products and great service. Essentially the exact same thing as a vtac.

sspen003
10-05-2009, 2:48 PM
I have to give props to boonie packer slings which I just bought 2 of them. He got them to my door in 3 days, they're built like a tank, pretty user friendly and have lots of features for the money. I needed an adapter for 15 bucks off the site but the instructions don't say this so I asked whats up on his customer service site and the owner of the business personally contacted me, and said they would send one out at no charge. The most expensive tactical sling costs like 25 bucks so they're a real bargain. Great products and great service. Essentially the exact same thing as a vtac.

I'll have to check those out. This VTAC sling is awesome though and easy to use, especially for sling challenged individuals. I know they have a quick detach for the VTAC one. I also got the VTAC universal sling attachment. Its really solid

bombadillo
10-05-2009, 7:14 PM
Actually, just got my boonie packer A2 adapter in a few minutes ago and it was absolutely free and free shipping! Great guys indeed.

sspen003
10-05-2009, 7:44 PM
Actually, just got my boonie packer A2 adapter in a few minutes ago and it was absolutely free and free shipping! Great guys indeed.

How did you do that?

.45ACP
10-05-2009, 9:18 PM
I really like the VTAC two point. For me, it's so much more versatile than a 3 point sling. It's easy to use, it's padded, and very versatile. You can transition from strong side to support side easily, you can tighten it and loosen it extremely fast, and it's great for conventional and unconventional shooting positions. After I took Kyle Lamb's carbine 1.5 class, I switched from the H&K sling I've used for years to the vtac 2 point.

sspen003
10-05-2009, 9:27 PM
I really like the VTAC two point. For me, it's so much more versatile than a 3 point sling. It's easy to use, it's padded, and very versatile. You can transition from strong side to support side easily, you can tighten it and loosen it extremely fast, and it's great for conventional and unconventional shooting positions. After I took Kyle Lamb's carbine 1.5 class, I switched from the H&K sling I've used for years to the vtac 2 point.

Have you tried their universal mount?

.45ACP
10-05-2009, 9:40 PM
Have you tried their universal mount?

Yeah, I use the LUSA as well. It keeps my sling from tangling up. The LUSA allows the QD attachment to rotate only 30 degrees back and forth. It's a cool little gadget.

sspen003
10-05-2009, 9:56 PM
Yeah, I use the LUSA as well. It keeps my sling from tangling up. The LUSA allows the QD attachment to rotate only 30 degrees back and forth. It's a cool little gadget.

Sorry I meant the LUSA. What an awesome product

bombadillo
10-05-2009, 11:20 PM
How did you do that?

I bought the boonie packer 2p-TQA-C sling and I have an A2 buttstock. I was having a hard time feeling like an idiot not being able to figure out how to connect it properly so I emailed the manufacturer. The owner of the company promptly got back to me and sent me the adapter a 4.95+ value (although seems as though its listed for 14.95 on the website) and shipped it to my door for convenience. I just got done playing with it all set up and done and its pretty amazing how easily it adjusts when you're more adapted to it. It takes a minute of playing with, but it adjusts very easily and for 25 bucks is well worth the money. No rattle, built like a tank, triple stitched and quad stitched in places. I'll be spending my money on slings there unless its just a padded carry sling for a hunting rifle. Even then I may still get them through there.