PDA

View Full Version : Glock 34 Price Check - Bay Area


slomustang
05-21-2005, 3:06 PM
Looking to purchase a G34 soon. Was wondering what the going price for one was. Or any suggestions for where to check prices? I usually buy at Reed's.

AR-shogun
05-21-2005, 11:36 PM
Reeds has a sale in July sometime.
Check it out?

edizon
05-22-2005, 12:13 AM
I think City Arms has both the G34 and G35 for $650. I saw them at the Cow Palace gun show today.

slomustang
05-22-2005, 2:19 AM
Yeah, I missed Reed's 10% off sale recently.

Thanks for the City Arms recommendation.

Bongos
05-22-2005, 7:57 AM
I got mine for around $550 online.. You have to find a FFL whom will transfer guns into CA. It usually cost about $50. Found mine on GlockTalk used (3 months..looks new) for $500. I figured dealers are charging $35 for PPT anyways, so and additional $15 wasn't too bad. Your advantages is the prices are negotiable, my gun was posted for asking price of $525 shipped...we negotiated down to $500 shipped. Otherwise, $650 for a new gun is what you are looking at..good luck

Ducati748r
05-22-2005, 9:34 AM
Originally posted by Technical Ted:
Reed's big annual sale is due to happen in mid-July.

Mid-July! Hmmmm I think I'll mark my calender. By then I'll have enough to purchase a .45 http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Bongos
05-22-2005, 12:45 PM
$500 now:
http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=385672

slomustang
05-22-2005, 2:45 PM
I saw that, but it comes with the 17 rd. mags.

I did see one for $525 on ar15.com. I'll have to see if the seller is willing to negotiate.

Bongos
05-22-2005, 3:35 PM
Mags are not a big deal, just ask him to sell the gun without the mags and give you a $30 discount...mags go for $15-$17 ea out of CA or he might have some 10 rounders laying around...lots of guys put hi-Cap mags a package deal, thinking it would help sale the gun. For those of us in CA..we can only get 10 rounders. By the way, I 've seen 10 rounders as low as $7 ea. Good luck

dwtt
05-22-2005, 4:10 PM
Originally posted by Khanh:
Mags are not a big deal, just ask him to sell the gun without the mags and give you a $30 discount...mags go for $15-$17 ea out of CA or he might have some 10 rounders laying around...lots of guys put hi-Cap mags a package deal, thinking it would help sale the gun. For those of us in CA..we can only get 10 rounders. By the way, I 've seen 10 rounders as low as $7 ea. Good luck
I second the advice to buy the gun without the mags. CDNN is selling off their 10-rd glock magazines for $13 each. I bought 6 of them for my Glock 20. By the way, does anyone know why new Glocks have this little envelope with two fired cases included with the gun? When I picked up my G20, it had two fired cases in a small paper pouch with a date and an address in Georgia. Is this for the FBI's ballistic database? I never saw this type of thing with other guns bought new.

taloft
05-22-2005, 9:41 PM
A good question.

Perhaps it is "proof" that the gun was test fired at the factory.

anybody else know?

slomustang
05-22-2005, 11:44 PM
OK, if I purchase from out-of-area/state, would this be an FFL-to-FFL? Obviously, I can't take direct posession of the firearm, but does the seller need to route it through an FFL on his end?

Bongos
05-26-2005, 10:49 PM
Hi Jon, I beleive in CA the seller must send the gun with a FFL to your FFL...I might be wrong. Anyways, there is a this:
http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=387876
he is in Los Angeles area

maxicon
05-27-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by dwtt:
By the way, does anyone know why new Glocks have this little envelope with two fired cases included with the gun? When I picked up my G20, it had two fired cases in a small paper pouch with a date and an address in Georgia. Is this for the FBI's ballistic database? I never saw this type of thing with other guns bought new.

Some states require this, in an attempt to start a not-very-well-thought-out ballistic fingerprinting program.

Some gun manufacturers supply fired cases now with all of them so they don't have to worry about where they get sold.

05-27-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Jon:
Looking to purchase a G34 soon. Was wondering what the going price for one was. Or any suggestions for where to check prices? I usually buy at Reed's.

Got my Glock 35 at L A Guns http://www.laguns.com for 624.00, which is their email price. They honor email price even if you come in to buy the gun but they want you to pay in full, which I always do anyway.

If they are out of your way, you may want to get an email quote from Ted and have your local store match it. Most will do this.

One more thing, since buying my 35 I got a chance to fire the Model 34, and it's way more fun to shoot, so if you don't need the extra power buy the 34.

Resident
05-27-2005, 2:31 PM
LA Guns Los Angeles $700 with NIGHT SIGHTS which are much much better than Glock34's factory adjustable ones

joel1316
06-17-2005, 8:53 AM
I'm also in the market for a Glock 34 in the Bay Area. Glock prices sure have gone up! I bought my G22 from Trader's years ago for $400, LOL.

slomustang
06-17-2005, 10:59 AM
Well, I picked up an HK P2000 in the meantime. . .

pont27
06-17-2005, 1:20 PM
Hey ShorePaul, just curious as to why you say the Model 34 is more fun to shoot? Is it because of the cost of ammo? http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I thought they were the exact same except the Model 35 is in .40 cal and the Model 34 is 9mm. Enlighten me if you would. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-Pont27