PDA

View Full Version : CMMG upper ?'s

xibunkrlilkidsx
10-04-2009, 10:32 PM
http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/?cart=1907109&cat=94&

Ok got my calguns lower in jail waiting for its release. now im looking at uppers. I want to do a Mk12 Mod0 style build, w/o the $1500 price.

so i was looking at the CMMG uppers,price is their big benefit here, were to buy a CMMG upper with VTAC handgaurd. But i dont want the front sight post, i want to go with flip up irons.

so i know i want 18", now with their rifle length gas system, which from what ive read is the prefered way to go, and with their micro gas black will that remove the front sight? And the flash hider, A2 Flash hider installed with Peel washer, can it be removed for the break of my choice?

technique
10-04-2009, 10:36 PM
so i know i want 18", now with their rifle length gas system, which from what ive read is the prefered way to go, and with their micro gas black will that remove the front sight?
If you are into that kinda thing

And the flash hider, A2 Flash hider installed with Peel washer, can it be removed for the break of my choice?

Easy removal, you can put what ever you want on the end of it....illegal stuff like a silencer excluded. Do yourself a favor and buy a crushwasher for when you install your new muzzle device.

In bold.:)

xibunkrlilkidsx
10-04-2009, 10:41 PM
than its a great success....damn now comes the hole saving money part.
wish i could get an early xmas bonus....

reidnez
10-05-2009, 9:05 AM
I'm kinda curious about that 18" rifle-length upper myself, I may have to check one out.

My vote is to leave the front sight alone. I run fixed irons (front and rear) in tandem with my Aimpoint, and I think it's the perfect solution: if the optics go down, all I have to do is adjust my cheek weld and I am looking through the irons. No flipping, no fiddling, they're already there. And they don't bother me a bit when I'm using the optics. It may not look as cool for the mall-ninjas, but it is simpler and more tactically sound.

xibunkrlilkidsx
10-05-2009, 5:33 PM
I'm kinda curious about that 18" rifle-length upper myself, I may have to check one out.

My vote is to leave the front sight alone. I run fixed irons (front and rear) in tandem with my Aimpoint, and I think it's the perfect solution: if the optics go down, all I have to do is adjust my cheek weld and I am looking through the irons. No flipping, no fiddling, they're already there. And they don't bother me a bit when I'm using the optics. It may not look as cool for the mall-ninjas, but it is simpler and more tactically sound.

well im going to be putting a medium-low power scope, like 3-9 or 4-12. so running a fixed front might get into my sight picture.