PDA

View Full Version : Question about the ar-15 upper ???

mh2291
10-04-2009, 7:40 PM
Hi . i m going to bulid a ar-15 rifle for bench shooting.i want get a 20 in upper but don know what brand is good so i wanna ask any suggestion. if u have the web site can have a good deal that will be great . and also what is different between pre ban and post ban upper . i already couple brand in my mind DPMS ,sabre defence , bushmaster, stag arms ,and yankee hill wanna ask any sugestion i should get . thank you

armed and dangerous
10-04-2009, 9:02 PM
Les Baer makes amazing uppers. They shoot 1/2 moa and there customer service is great.

reidnez
10-04-2009, 9:17 PM
As far as brands, there is lots of info on these boards concerning the various differences between them. Use the Calguns google search on the top-right of the page.

"Pre-ban" uppers have a flash hider and bayonet lug, "post-ban" uppers do not (like a varmint upper). Note that these terms refer to the federal assault weapons ban, which has expired. Some manufacturers still use the terms simply to denote the configuration, but they are not legal terms anymore.

Acorn556
10-04-2009, 9:24 PM
Larue Tactical 20" stealth upper. Enjoy the free goodies.

mh2291
10-04-2009, 10:08 PM
As far as brands, there is lots of info on these boards concerning the various differences between them. Use the Calguns google search on the top-right of the page.

"Pre-ban" uppers have a flash hider and bayonet lug, "post-ban" uppers do not (like a varmint upper). Note that these terms refer to the federal assault weapons ban, which has expired. Some manufacturers still use the terms simply to denote the configuration, but they are not legal terms anymore.

thank you for ur information . let me search arounf in calgun thx

Dangerpin
10-05-2009, 9:45 PM

Ah! Thank you for that bit of wisdom. I was a bit worried as a few sites still seem to use this terminology and hadn't quite mustered up the courage to ask.

anniepoks
10-05-2009, 9:49 PM
or you can try DPMS uppers if you want. check them out first.

osis32
10-05-2009, 9:54 PM
white oaks armament makes top of the line stuff for the application you have mentioned.

Trendkill
10-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Alexander Arms..... 6.5 Grendel

GearHead
10-05-2009, 11:54 PM
CMMG gets my vote

mh2291
10-06-2009, 7:21 PM
thank you all of u guys .. i will do some more research first . i still waiting for my lower 10 days period . any one try the sabra defence upper. are they good ?

tomd1584
10-06-2009, 7:31 PM
Larue, sabre defence, CMMG, RRA, BCM all have good 20" uppers